Kyle Lafferty

we have nt signed him bt we have offered £3.5m + Alan Gow and Owen Coyle is really close to accepting it.

btw King Carlos apparently could be pushed out by Walter if he accepts Newcastles (get this)

£5 MILLION bid. F*CKIN £5 MILLION !! If he does he shud be sent to a psychiatric ward cz thats the act of a psycho.

Source -

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...y.html?ITO=1490

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, i guess hell be thinkin taylor from there defence and cash but ow man, i canna stomach the thought of him leavin,

he will be thinkin he can win us over wit thuram mibbe

Can understand the criticism but I actually think Lafferty will do well for you, and the price tag isn't as unrealistic as you're making out. We've turned down plenty of bids from Fulham, Wolves, Celtic and yourselves because we desperately wanted to keep him at the club, each time said club has come back with higher offers, the guy definitely has ability, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. We're actually very disappointed in how he has got this move, but at the same time want the best deal we can get, by no doubt playing all three bids off each other.

Lafferty hasn't been a regular goalscorer for us, and that's mainly down to how he's been deployed firstly by Steve Cotterill where he made cameo appearances from the bench, and later was played wide on the left, our then manager said was to get him involved more in games but not allow him to be kicked around by centre halves. He is very good with the ball at his feet, when played as a striker does have a great eye for goal, reasonably strong, has a good turn of pace, and he brings others into the play well. I really don't think he's as affective on the left, and quite often looks to come inside, but he did a job for us there and fully merited his place in the team.

When Owen Coyle arrived he promised Lafferty more chances in his preferred position and he got those opportunities, initially he played very well and got a good return of goals, his form did however noticeably dip after January, but I honestly think by then he didn't want to be here anymore, and saw his career elsewhere after a few bids were rejected.

I'd question his ability in the air of all his attributes because as a tall guy he should win more headers.

All in all I hope Kyle goes onto become a success for you, If not I would welcome him back here. (I'd probably be in a minority though, given the comments he's given in the press)

svens84

I think Walter needs his head examined and if we get Lafferty then it's the end for Boyd,Cousin and darche.

£4m for a Burnley player when Jason Roberts is going for £2m and Eidur Gudjohnson is going for £4m.

wasn't it Georgios BENT?.. they already have him :)

celtic wont sign anyone bigger than we will... look at the past, the only names reasonably bigger than ours are the Dirtyhoor of hesselink and donati....

and they both turned out brilliant doh

Cousin, Darcheville and Boyd out Miller, Velicka and Laffery in, not sure I'm that delighted about that, esp with the stories about Celtic, Darren Bent and Pavlyuchenko!

No way would either of those players come to the spl at this stage in their career. And celtic could'nt afford them anyway.

Cousin, Darcheville and Boyd out Miller, Velicka and Laffery in, not sure I'm that delighted about that, esp with the stories about Celtic, Darren Bent and Pavlyuchenko!

No way would either of those players come to the spl at this stage in their career. And celtic could'nt afford them anyway.

Just quoting whats on the back of the Record!

Lafferty:- 3 millions cash, 250k depeding on appearences, 10% of next sale and Alan Gow. Lafferty in Murray park jst now on going a medical and Alan Gow discussing terms with Burnley then goin for a medical. Deal should be completed by the end of today early tommorow

Lafferty Fee Agreed With Rangers

Posted on: Tue 17 Jun 2008

Burnley Football Club has today agreed a cash-plus-player deal with Rangers for striker Kyle Lafferty.

The Clarets have formally agreed a £3m fee for the Northern Ireland striker, with a further £250,000 payable on appearances and a sell-on clause that includes 10% of any future profit.

Burnley will also enter discussions with 25-year-old Rangers midfielder Alan Gow as part of the package.

Both deals are now subject to the players agreeing personal terms with their respective clubs.Burnley manager Owen Coyle confirmed: "We have received a very good offer from Rangers - a deal worth close to £4m when you include Alan (Gow), who has been offered to us in return as part of the package.

"Ultimately, from the fans point of view, Kyle wanted to leave the club after saying he felt it was time to move on.

"Providing the deal is concluded we wish him well, but ultimately we want players who are fully committed to Burnley Football Club."

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.c...1329669,00.html