Rangers Fans

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

i support scotland all the way, but if England are the only British team in a competition then i would support them

Would not cross my mind to support England at anything in any way shape or form, its a no for me, England has been my home for 20 years but my Scottishness is in no way diluted, much to the amazement of my English wife and half English kids.

One country and one club get my support.

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

i support scotland all the way, but if England are the only British team in a competition then i would support them

(tu)

Nothing wrong with supporting both.

So where do you draw the lne, every British team in the CL, do you a support them because they are British?

If people want to support the other home nations then i have no problem with that.

Not everyone has the tartan army chip on their shoulder about hating everything English/British.

I Myself love to see England get beat as its just another rivalry.

Spot on. Don't see what's wrong with that at all.

My nationality is very important to me and would rather see England beat Italy than vice versa. In saying that i'd get more satisfaction from Scotland beating England than Scotland beating Italy. Weird i suppose.

Very disappointed England aren't in the finals, not really interested in the Euros this year.

I'll support England at cricket and a few other sports, but never at football. Probably more to do with the xenophobia of the commentators than anything else. They've already ruined EURO 08 for me, and it's only Day 2! :mad:

My mother's English, two of my sisters were born in England, and I still can't even imagine myself supporting them in any competition. <cr>

To be honest I don't support any other nation in any competition, the nearest I come to it is supporting Great Britain.

Nice to see England out for me, good to just concentrate Football for me this summer and not silly hysteria.

I actually like to see England do well but not too well, they're a good team but just heavily over-rated.

Just Scotland for me and wouldn't support any other british team, particularly as being British means very little to me. Like other national teams though.

Nice to see England out for me, good to just concentrate Football for me this summer and not silly hysteria.

I actually like to see England do well but not too well, they're a good team but just heavily over-rated.

So you like the team but not the media...

Its not the players fault that the media and commentary team spout shite all the time! My freinds and family who are english hate listening to them ramble on...

The draw 0-0 with Isreal but the pundit say they will have no bother beating Croatia and Russia...how can they say that when they couldnt beat Israel!

Not fair to tar England because of a few people actions towards them!!

I am the reverse, I have a english dad and a english mum, but my gdad is scottish, and through heritage etc and my surname being scottish I support Scotland, I dont mind watching England and wishing em luck, but its not the same as watching Scotland, I have this overwelming sense of pride watching em!! My family down here absoluely slate me for it, but I dont care!!

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and sing the England National Anthem because they are "British"

No, they sing the British national anthem because they are British.

I support Scotland and England...dont have a problem with it!

Why dont you like England??

Rivarly, I dont support Celtic, or Egland

Rivalry??

I'm not biased. I don't care who beats England.

I can't stand them. I lived there for 12 years and still can't support them in anything.

To me it is there expectance to win. They never think about qualifying for tournaments then geting past the rounds. As soon as they are in it they are going to win it. Which is strange because the the only time they won anything was in 66 and that was due to a dodgy Russian linesman who still hadn't fogotten the war. :craphead::craphead::craphead:

I never have and I never will, give England my support

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and sing the England National Anthem because they are "British"

You mean the British National Anthem...

What would you rather we sung, flower of scotland! doh

No, they sing the British national anthem because they are British.

O Flower of Scotland :rangers:

I'm Northern Irish and class myself as British but if Scotland were playing I would support them. The thing that gets me pissed though is the people from northern Ireland who go and support the Republic of Ireland just because they dont want to be seen as British. :angry2:

You mean the British National Anthem...

What would you rather we sung, flower of scotland! doh

Yeah i would actually

I'm not biased. I don't care who beats England.

I can't stand them. I lived there for 12 years and still can't support them in anything.

To me it is there expectance to win. They never think about qualifying for tournaments then geting past the rounds. As soon as they are in it they are going to win it. Which is strange because the the only time they won anything was in 66 and that was due to a dodgy Russian linesman who still hadn't fogotten the war. :craphead::craphead::craphead:

I never have and I never will, give England my support

The English national team and the players dont create that expectance!! Its the media...

I hate people (mostly Scots) who say they cant stand england because they are arrogant its the media that are arrogant not the player!!

So you like the team but not the media...

Its not the players fault that the media and commentary team spout shite all the time! My freinds and family who are english hate listening to them ramble on...

The draw 0-0 with Isreal but the pundit say they will have no bother beating Croatia and Russia...how can they say that when they couldnt beat Israel!

Not fair to tar England because of a few people actions towards them!!

I never mentioned the media but well I suppose its them I'm talking about. There are world class england players but not everyone that gets picked IMO!

For example, I'd kinda like England do do well in a tournament but not win it as they're a good football team but them going all the way means we have to suffer through programs of 'Rio does the washing like this, this is the World Cup Winner way'.