Rangers Fans

It honestly doesn't bother me how well or badly England performs.I don't waste my time obsessing about another country's sucess or failure-it's got nothing to do with me.And to be honest,the constant anti-English stuff really embarrasses me and is one of the reasons I don't give Scotland my full backing.I just don't feel akin to the Tartan Army support or the general mindset of "diehard" Scotland supporters.

Obviously I'm saying this as pro-unionist but I just think it's pretty sad and pathetic that people get so excited over a team getting beat when they haven't really done anything to is.Celtic is different-I want them to get gubbed because they wish the same upon us.But I don't hear many English people banging on about how much they hate Scotland.Yes,the media does go on a bit but so does ours in many ways.

Good post, pretty much sums up how I feel.

I like to see Scotland do well, but I dont feel a tenth for them as I do for Rangers.

All I can say is, the 2 biggest nights for me this past year - Rangers in Italy and Scotland in France - I felt equally as euphoric on both occasions

I did enjoy the France result.

No-where near as much as I went nuts when Nacho slotted home that winning penalty though.

:)

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose thats a reason to dislike the media again more than anything mate!

Im a Chelsea fan and think JT, FL, Ashley and joe cole are class players and i want to see them do well but the way the media act does my head in...

Yesterday after the Portugal game they were showing Pepes goal and the first thing they said was, "Why cant England do that"

What the fuck does Pepe and Portugal have to with England who arent even in the competition! Really does my head in!

But its not fair to class england as cunts because of the few media pundits that act like that!

The problem with that is to watch England we have to listen to the likes of John Motson and his "Orish" side kick Mark Lawrenson, or the ITV commentators or the Sky Sports ones. So to see the likes of Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Gerrard or Rooney we have suffer the media shite and it's very difficult to watch a game and not have what is being said totally ruin the experience for you.

For example I would be very surprised if at some stage during the Germany V Poland game this evening on the BBC that someone does not make reference to 1966.

If Scotland are not at a World Cup or Euro Championship I will support who ever is playing the best football, this tournament I hope it is Holland, but if England were playing the best then I'd have no problem cheering them on (only with the sound turned down)

Would not cross my mind to support England at anything in any way shape or form, its a no for me, England has been my home for 20 years but my Scottishness is in no way diluted, much to the amazement of my English wife and half English kids.

One country and one club get my support.

same here over 20 years down here and no dilution here either ex partner english and kids born here

one club one country

Born in England, consider myself Scottish and when we ever come head to head I'll always support Scotland.

I have no trouble whatsoever on wishing them well though, what I find amusing is that those who hate England with a passion are usually the ones crying that Rangers need to move with the times.

Born in England, consider myself Scottish and when we ever come head to head I'll always support Scotland.

I have no trouble whatsoever on wishing them well though, what I find amusing is that those who hate England with a passion are usually the ones crying that Rangers need to move with the times.

jimenez top class. (tu)

Can you substantiate that?

No

Didn't think so

Can you substantiate that?

No

Didn't think so

Bill Leckie is a prime example

Round ye!

I'm English so i obviously support England. I also like to see the Scots and the Northern Ireland team do well.

Don't have the same thing for the Welsh. Nothing to do with my affinity with Rangers as i have never liked Wales.

Would always support England no matter who they are playing, i'd hope every person born under whatever flag would do exactly the same. (understand your allegiance though Jim) (tu)

I'm English so i obviously support England. I also like to see the Scots and the Northern Ireland team do well.

Don't have the same thing for the Welsh. Nothing to do with my affinity with Rangers as i have never liked Wales.

Would always support England no matter who they are playing, i'd hope every person born under whatever flag would do exactly the same. (understand your allegiance though Jim) (tu)

lol,I forget Wales is even there to be honest!

Not sure anyone would notice if the country mysteriously floated away in the middle of night.

That's interesting though that you dislike Wales-is there any particular reason?Or do you just like to bully it as it's smaller that you?

Out of curiousity-how do many English people feel about the other home nations from your experience?It seems to me that many English just don't bother with the other countries really,but saying that I think they would wish each country well if they reached a final.The situation reminds me of how America is insular to the other countries surrounding it and how American affairs is where is starts and ends for much of the US media.

It honestly doesn't bother me how well or badly England performs.I don't waste my time obsessing about another country's sucess or failure-it's got nothing to do with me.And to be honest,the constant anti-English stuff really embarrasses me and is one of the reasons I don't give Scotland my full backing.I just don't feel akin to the Tartan Army support or the general mindset of "diehard" Scotland supporters.

Obviously I'm saying this as pro-unionist but I just think it's pretty sad and pathetic that people get so excited over a team getting beat when they haven't really done anything to is.Celtic is different-I want them to get gubbed because they wish the same upon us.But I don't hear many English people banging on about how much they hate Scotland.Yes,the media does go on a bit but so does ours in many ways.

I like to see Scotland do well, but I dont feel a tenth for them as I do for Rangers.

All I can say is, the 2 biggest nights for me this past year - Rangers in Italy and Scotland in France - I felt equally as euphoric on both occasions

No-where near as much as I went nuts when Nacho slotted home that winning penalty though.

Ditto Dado. Apart from "nuts", doesn't even come close mate. (tu)

lol,I forget Wales is there to be honest.

:unionflag: I'm sure it floated over from Eire at some point. ( no offence Ger from Wrexham if you're watching)

The Welsh get a seriously rough time on here. Christ knows why :lol:

It's a lovely country, my flat mate in Belgium came from the valley's.

Was only interested in rugby until watching a few Old Firm games.

He's now a hardore valley-Billy boy.

Took him to Ibrox for the game against Man U in the CL. Came back totally speechless.

Ditto Dado. Apart from "nuts", doesn't even come close mate. (tu)

Last time I celebrated a goal like that was probably Helicopter Sunday :unionflag: :bouncy:

The Welsh get a seriously rough time on here. Christ knows why :lol:

It's a lovely country, my flat mate in Belgium came from the valley's.

Was only interested in rugby until watching a few Old Firm games.

He's now a hardore valley-Billy boy.

Took him to Ibrox for the game against Man U in the CL. Came back totally speechless.

I have new found love and respect for the Welsh.

Your right when you say it is a beautiful country though-the Valley's are amazing.Obviously doesn't compare to Ibrox though!

My problem with Wales though is that we're both British,born under the same crown...but I don't understand a bloody word they're saying!And that's when they're using English instead of Welsh!

They all seem really friendly and bubbly though (tu).Apart from that greetin-face ginge John Hartson.

Their accent is top notch. They could say the most boring thing on the planet and I'd find it funny.

And the ladies there dig the Scottish accent (tu)

Not that that should interest you Foreverabluebell. Or does it :lol:

Their accent is top notch. They could say the most boring thing on the planet and I'd find it funny.

And the ladies there dig the Scottish accent (tu)

Not that that should interest you Foreverabluebell. Or does it :lol:

lol,no it's not something I've thought about!

But I will bear it in mind next time I meet a Ryan Giggs Welsh-a-likey (tu):):lol:

I like to see Scotland win, as with the other 3 home nations. Particularly against Germany and Argentina.

All in a rivalry sense of course.

(tu) add the ROI on to that too

I love how the guy who started this thread has a picture of the old UJ in his sig doh

lol!Well spotted!

Also has an English player in it.

Union Flag and a Rangers player - doesn't mean the guy still cant hate the English team (tu)

I love how the guy who started this thread has a picture of the old UJ in his sig doh

lol!Well spotted!

Also has an English player in it.

Union Flag and a Rangers player - doesn't mean the guy still cant hate the English team (tu)

Why though?

Isn't that a little hypocritical?

And as I previously pointed out, why is it perfectly acceptable to hate the English for being English, and not for the Rangers support to hate the green and grey for being them?

I think this thread is about the English football team - not the English in general.

And since when has any one, any where, ever had a go at Rangers fans hating Celtic fans - just because they are Celtic fans

It's all just football rivalry - obviously taken too far when you start hating the English in general

I think this thread is about the English football team - not the English in general.

And since when has any one, any where, ever had a go at Rangers fans hating Celtic fans - just because they are Celtic fans

It's all just football rivalry - obviously taken too far when you start hating the English in general

I'll give you the 1st point, but when you question anyone for supporting England the feeling I get is 'how can you support them' as a nation. As a race the way I see it.

All the time.

Yep, yet we get pilloried for that type of rivalry.