Rangers Fans

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

Why would I not support England? Despite what some people may think being pro-Scottish doesn’t mean being anti-English :unionflag:

So pro Rangers means Anti Celtic..............................sounds the kind of thing you would read in the mail

i support all the british teams, just think they all fought in the trenches together.

So you must have been gutted when Celtic Adberdeen went out to Barcelona Bayern then eh ;)

Edit: Stupid me - Celtic aren't British doh

Don't hate them as a people or country, in terms of sporting rivals i hope they get fucked in every game at every sport other than cricket.

Why Cricket?

Don't hate them as a people or country, in terms of sporting rivals i hope they get fucked in every game at every sport other than cricket.

Why Cricket?

I'm the same, always liked watching england do well in Cricket, probably because growing up, you never really heard/saw the Scotland cricket team.

And cricket is more of a "gentlemans" game.

Why Cricket?

I feel sorry for them sometimes, plus the Aussie's when it comes to cricket are some of the most disgustingly arrogant people in sports. Found myself supporting the English during the Ashes.

Why Cricket?

I'm the same, always liked watching england do well in Cricket, probably because growing up, you never really heard/saw the Scotland cricket team.

I support them at cricket. Actually it's the England and Wales team but in reality has always been the British team. If a Scotsman's good enough, he gets in. I can remember a Scottish captain of 'England', Mike Denness. :)

Every bear I have met loves it when England get beat in international football. Just healthy rivalry....I don't "hate" England but I love to see them get beat at football. If have nothing against Englishmen or England...it's just a bit of footballing rivalry that has been around for over a 100 years.

Every bear I have met loves it when England get beat in international football. Just healthy rivalry....I don't "hate" England but I love to see them get beat at football. If have nothing against Englishmen or England...it's just a bit of footballing rivalry that has been around for over a 100 years.

Exactly. I was brought up on yearly British Championship battles between Scotland and England and that rivalry has stuck with me. I hate the England football team (fuelled by their media) but I think the English on the whole are some of the best people on the Earth. Amazing how some are unable to differentiate.

I don't detest England, but I don't like them either. I like seeing the other home nations do well but the English media is enough to put you off tbh.

I hate the English media and I wouldn't want to see England win any major compitition because we wouldn't hear the end of it, and they would be the best team in the world for at least 10-15 years, in the pundits minds.

I can stand England, and English people, but I hate to see them win at football.

I like to see Scotland win, as with the other 3 home nations. Particularly against Germany and Argentina.

All in a rivalry sense of course.

I quite like the Germans :pipe:

Always put money on them for the major tournaments.

It honestly doesn't bother me how well or badly England performs.I don't waste my time obsessing about another country's sucess or failure-it's got nothing to do with me.And to be honest,the constant anti-English stuff really embarrasses me and is one of the reasons I don't give Scotland my full backing.I just don't feel akin to the Tartan Army support or the general mindset of "diehard" Scotland supporters.

Obviously I'm saying this as pro-unionist but I just think it's pretty sad and pathetic that people get so excited over a team getting beat when they haven't really done anything to us.Celtic is different-I want them to get gubbed because they wish the same upon us.But I don't hear many English people banging on about how much they hate Scotland.Yes,the media does go on a bit but so does ours in many ways.

If people want to support the other home nations then i have no problem with that.

Not everyone has the tartan army chip on their shoulder about hating everything English/British.

I Myself love to see England get beat as its just another rivalry.

Don't hate them at all

I am Scottish, they arent - so I lump them along every other national side that I dont follow

It honestly doesn't bother me how well or badly England performs.I don't waste my time obsessing about another country's sucess or failure-it's got nothing to do with me.And to be honest,the constant anti-English stuff really embarrasses me and is one of the reasons I don't give Scotland my full backing.I just don't feel akin to the Tartan Army support or the general mindset of "diehard" Scotland supporters.

Obviously I'm saying this as pro-unionist but I just think it's pretty sad and pathetic that people get so excited over a team getting beat when they haven't really done anything to is.Celtic is different-I want them to get gubbed because they wish the same upon us.But I don't hear many English people banging on about how much they hate Scotland.Yes,the media does go on a bit but so does ours in many ways.

Good post, pretty much sums up how I feel.

I like to see Scotland do well, but I dont feel a tenth for them as I do for Rangers.

Why Cricket?

Yeah Boab - to those of us who love Cricket, we never really had an alternative within the British isles.

Now of course ireland to a lesser extent Scotland are trying to break through, we have other options

I think its great when England get beat, though wish they were in the euros to watch them get humped lol I know english people who want them to lose because they cant stand the way the media goes on, the hype they hit you with the national "fervour" lol as for God save the queen I never sing that! Shes a shapeshifting lizard didnt you know? :mutley:

Obviously I'm saying this as pro-unionist but I just think it's pretty sad and pathetic that people get so excited over a team getting beat when they haven't really done anything to is.Celtic is different-I want them to get gubbed because they wish the same upon us.But I don't hear many English people banging on about how much they hate Scotland.Yes,the media does go on a bit but so does ours in many ways.

Good post, pretty much sums up how I feel.

I like to see Scotland do well, but I dont feel a tenth for them as I do for Rangers.

All I can say is, the 2 biggest nights for me this past year - Rangers in Italy and Scotland in France - I felt equally as euphoric on both occasions