Rangers Fans

Being someone who grew up having to listen to Jimmy Hill regularly, I can't bring myself to support them. I'm not necessarily proud of that, but just like you can't change the team you support, you can't force yourself to like one either.

This is despite the fact my wife is English and both my children were born there. My son supports Scotland but likes to see England do well and I encourage that but he knows I still want them to lose.

I think it is a generational thing to some extent. Because of the amount of media attention the EPL players get the kids these days are more familiar with them than most of the Scottish team (I know most of the EPL isn't English, but virtually all the English squad plays in it).

Incidentally - I'd say only Ferdinand, Gerrard and Rooney could be called "World Class" and to be honest, only Ferdinand would be likely to get into a World 11

I do support England at cricket, but the English team is really the British test playing team - Welsh and Scottish players who are of test standard can play in it.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I dont really have a problem with England. I dont support them but it doesnt bother me if they win matches or even win a major tournament. Should I hate them more? I dont have any connections to England, only distant cousins. Couldnt care less about Wales and N.Ireland aswell. Its just Scotland for me!

Sorri but i would never support England.. I kno we're meant to be 'British' but i dnt care, i stand for my country and as far as i'm concerned, SCOTLAND FOREVER - there's been so many feuds between the pair in the past and i dnt see why we should just let that go =] I've not got anythin against the people of england, i just believe and standing up for our country. I wouldn't relli be happy if we went to the EPL, Rangers are a Scottish team through and through and i think it's what scotland stands for. I've got nothing against the queen but i think all she seems to do is take our taxes, she should do something for us =[ x

I know someone will come on and preach, but I am totally anti England.

I don't mind their players when they're at club level, but as soon as they pull on the three lions all I want is for them to get beat badly every game.

I was SO FUCKING HAPPY when Croatia done them :D

me too papa, I think I did a good share of rubbing noses in the fact for a good few months after!!

I wore my Croatia top the day after that, I can't even describe to you how pissed off they were. :lol:

Though I wouldn't say I was anti-english in any way. I like living here, most of my friends are English, my great granny was English. But when it comes to any sport I just want them to lose. I can't explain it!

Can't be arsed with a lot of the English media coverage but am happy to see the actual team do well as any English people I know (including my good lady!) are usually decent people who don't deserve the overly strong 'banter' we often see.

A couple of bears I know support England at Footie and they reckon England represent Unionism, and Scotland separatism.

Dunno I would have thought Norn Irn represent Unionism more than England but hey.

English commentators (at England games) drive me mad though.

They're in a bad place - good players, should have a better team, but not as good as they think they should be.

I support Scotland and England...dont have a problem with it!

Why dont you like England??

Because I live there! haha and cant get decent pies! :harhar:

TBH, I have my club and my country, Rangers and Scotland, thats it. I dont actually understand the whole 2nd team thing either. Nothing to do with hating or the like, I really just dont care about any other teams, each to their own I suppose.

On an international level, I take an interest in games that Rangers players are involved in, but, thats about it, its only a passing interest.

It is a myth created by the unwashed that a large proportiong of Rangers fans support England. I would rather Scotland beat England than we beat Celtic, mainly because we play each other so rarely. The only time I support England is at sports like Sychronised swimming or Polo, because it is funny when they are good at those sports.

It is a myth created by the unwashed that a large proportiong of Rangers fans support England. I would rather Scotland beat England than we beat Celtic, mainly because we play each other so rarely. The only time I support England is at sports like Sychronised swimming or Polo, because it is funny when they are good at those sports.

I think that myth was created because we all know they support ROI. So they made this one up as a come back. A sort of "So, you lot support England so there." That kind of mentality

I honestly take great delight in seeing England get beaten. Maybe it is the Jimmy Hill/English pundit thing, but it does get up my nostril to see them do well. Nothing against the English people, though - I have good friends who are English, same as I have many who are Irish, and a good few friends who support C*ltic as well. Still, in spite of that, nothing can approach the perversely delighted feeling I get when C*ltic get humped. It's all from a football rivalry standpoint, but I don't let that spill over into the outside world - there's good and bad in people everywhere.

I honestly take great delight in seeing England get beaten. Maybe it is the Jimmy Hill/English pundit thing, but it does get up my nostril to see them do well. Nothing against the English people, though - I have good friends who are English, same as I have many who are Irish, and a good few friends who support C*ltic as well. Still, in spite of that, nothing can approach the perversely delighted feeling I get when C*ltic get humped. It's all from a football rivalry standpoint, but I don't let that spill over into the outside world - there's good and bad in people everywhere.

Fortunately, I dont! :craphead:

I support Rangers ,birmingham & scotland no otehr club team or country will get my support expecially not england simple fact when they win they always seem to like rubbing it in our faces an they still go on bout 66 , or the time they beat us at euro 96 ,i grew up in england (telford) and was faced with 95% of the time being hurled abuse cause of me being scottish or supporting scotland

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

i support scotland all the way, but if England are the only British team in a competition then i would support them

So where do you draw the lne, every British team in the CL, do you a support them because they are British?

well do you support celtic in the champions league?

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

i support scotland all the way, but if England are the only British team in a competition then i would support them

So where do you draw the lne, every British team in the CL, do you a support them because they are British?

well do you support celtic in the champions league?

Celtc, British <cr>

You're havin' a giraffe :mutley:

The Welsh get a seriously rough time on here. Christ knows why :lol:

It's a lovely country, my flat mate in Belgium came from the valley's.

Was only interested in rugby until watching a few Old Firm games.

He's now a hardore valley-Billy boy.

Took him to Ibrox for the game against Man U in the CL. Came back totally speechless.

Most of the Welsh people I've met sympathise with the dims. And when they had Harston and Bellamy at Celtic, I really wanted them to fail. Now I just don't care about them. Doesn't mean I hate them! Just some of them :craphead: