Rangers Fans

i cant be bothered with some of the tartan army fans because the despise our club and players, now i only watch the games but it does not affect me win or lose.

Ditto, tartan army is full of taigs with kilts now who use the Scottish games to slag Rangers players on the day. :sherlock:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When me and my mates were in magaluf last year an english guy said to us that most english don't mind the scots and it's the scots who hate england more and i have to agree with him. I like to see scotland, england, northern ireland and wales do well. I have all the tops for each UK team and i think it's funny as fuck the looks i get wearing my england top :lol:

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

I'm born and bred in Scotland - with grandparents and parents from all countries of Great Britain. Supporting England in every game they play except against Scotland is easy and natural to me.

I'm a bit embarrassed by Scotland fans who hate England just because they are English :unionflag:

It is a myth created by the unwashed that a large proportiong of Rangers fans support England. I would rather Scotland beat England than we beat Celtic, mainly because we play each other so rarely. The only time I support England is at sports like Sychronised swimming or Polo, because it is funny when they are good at those sports.

I disagree with you on three accounts.

*Many Rangers fans do support England and are mature enough to ignore the outdated ramblings of the Tartan Army

*You must be off your head to want Scotland to win before Rangers in an Auld Enemy/Old Firm trade-off.However,I respect that it is a personal preference.I'm not saying your'e wrong but I feel like a different species to anyone who puts country before club in any circumstance.

*I don't see what's funny about being good at swimming or Polo.I don't watch those sports but I can imagine that they must involve a lot of skill and dedication.And it sounds like jealousy on your behalf that you will only support England in those scenarios.

That's my take on it anyway.

It is a myth created by the unwashed that a large proportiong of Rangers fans support England. I would rather Scotland beat England than we beat Celtic, mainly because we play each other so rarely. The only time I support England is at sports like Sychronised swimming or Polo, because it is funny when they are good at those sports.

*Many Rangers fans do support England and are mature enough to ignore the outdated ramblings of the Tartan Army

*You must be off your head to want Scotland to win before Rangers in an Auld Enemy/Old Firm trade-off.However,I respect that it is a personal preference.I'm not saying your'e wrong but I feel like a different species to anyone who puts country before club in any circumstance.

*I don't see what's funny about being good at swimming or Polo.I don't watch those sports but I can imagine that they must involve a lot of skill and dedication.And it sounds like jealousy on your behalf that you will only support England in those scenarios.

Great post, I agree with every word. I too support England in football as long as that doesn't conflict with the interests of the Scottish national team, and would also rather see Rangers beat Celtic in a derby game than Scotland beat England any day of the week. A very well thought out post indeed. (tu)

i cant be bothered with some of the tartan army fans because the despise our club and players, now i only watch the games but it does not affect me win or lose.

Ditto, tartan army is full of taigs with kilts now who use the Scottish games to slag Rangers players on the day. :sherlock:

very naive reply....but ohwell, i bit....

I personally can't recodnise some one as a football fan who says they support Rangers, but then choose another country - they are basically just glory hunting, or not following Rangers for footballing reasons if they pick and choose who to support.

The old myth "you don't pick Rangers, they pick you" or along those lines - but strangely that doesn't apply to national teams alot...

I personally can't recodnise some one as a football fan who says they support Rangers, but then choose another country - they are basically just glory hunting, or not following Rangers for footballing reasons if they pick and choose who to support.

The old myth "you don't pick Rangers, they pick you" or along those lines - but strangely that doesn't apply to national teams alot...

You mean you can't support any team but Rangers or else you're not a football fan?

If that's what you're saying, I don't agree with you. I support Rangers, Scotland, Man Utd then England - in that order. And I consider myself a football fan, in fact it could be argued that an enthusiastic football fan will follow the progress of more than just one team because of their passion for the game of football.

Is it just me, but I hate that, Gers fans who are scottish and suport England just because they are "British"

i support scotland all the way, but if England are the only British team in a competition then i would support them

So where do you draw the lne, every British team in the CL, do you a support them because they are British?

Yes fairly simple really.

No, I'm saying that people go on about how Rangers fans are "chosen" etc - and many pride them selves on being "uber fans" but the fact is, too many Rangers fans aren't the same with country, and the point I was trying to make is that I just don't believe alot of this pish about people being big football fans, yet turn their noses up at their countrys team.

People CAN choose which club they support, your country is a god given right.

No, I'm saying that people go on about how Rangers fans are "chosen" etc - and many pride them selves on being "uber fans" but the fact is, too many Rangers fans aren't the same with country, and the point I was trying to make is that I just don't believe alot of this pish about people being big football fans, yet turn their noses up at their countrys team.

So because my love for Scotland is almost non-existent compared to my love for Rangers I am not a big football fan? <cr>

So because my love for Scotland is almost non-existent compared to my love for Rangers I am not a big football fan? <cr>

I just don't understand is all...

The tartan army have far too many jacobite tendencies for my liking

Lands assembled and Britannia set free :unionflag:

I kind of see what you mean. I sort of agree with you actually. Whilst club means more to me in terms of what I get out of it - i.e. more frequent games and what not, that sense of pride, I do get the same sense of pride when watching Scotland play too - I think it's just because Scotland play less often that I choose my club in preference to my country, but in that regard I see the two as separate anyway.

But yeah, you make a valid point.

I kind of see what you mean. I sort of agree with you actually. Whilst club means more to me in terms of what I get out of it - i.e. more frequent games and what not, that sense of pride, I do get the same sense of pride when watching Scotland play too - I think it's just because Scotland play less often that I choose my club in preference to my country, but in that regard I see the two as separate anyway.

Cheers, I probably came across wrong anyways, as obviously I don't expect every fan to support Scotland over Rangers, as like you said, they play about a 10th of the amount of games a year - just the following of them.

All opinions in the end though (tu)

Cheers, I probably came across wrong anyways, as obviously I don't expect every fan to support Scotland over Rangers, as like you said, they play about a 10th of the amount of games a year - just the following of them.

All opinions in the end though (tu)

(tu)

Who are Scottish but support England......what a question, one tae bring a' together....the question should be; what is wrong with a Scot, and Rangers fan tae, supporting England.....

*Many Rangers fans do support England...

Depends what you call many. As a proportion I'd say it is a pretty miniscule number who support England, (Scottish Bears of course), despite what Tims like to spread around.

The tartan army have far too many jacobite tendencies for my liking

Lands assembled and Britannia set free :unionflag:

(tu) Britain for the British ! No Surrender ! ;):sherlock:

Sorri but i would never support England.. I kno we're meant to be 'British' but i dnt care, i stand for my country and as far as i'm concerned, SCOTLAND FOREVER - there's been so many feuds between the pair in the past and i dnt see why we should just let that go =] I've not got anythin against the people of england, i just believe and standing up for our country. I wouldn't relli be happy if we went to the EPL, Rangers are a Scottish team through and through and i think it's what scotland stands for. I've got nothing against the queen but i think all she seems to do is take our taxes, she should do something for us =[ x

jesus...

*My post clearly stated that there is not a large proportion of Rangers fans who support England and I think this topic has proved this. I personally hate Rangers fans supporting England, but fair enough that might be based on my up bringing.

*Why must I be off my head to prefer Scotland beating England, in the context I stated. Scotland play England once every ten years or so now adays while the old firm play at least 4 times a season. I hate getting beat off them, but it happens and you can get over it within 3 months when we beat them. If we lose to England we wont have a chance to take revenge for years.

*Surely you see how being good at sychronised swimming is funny.

to me if you love the club then you dont need to support any other team.

I don't need to support my country at football, I choose to. That does not mean I don't love Rangers.