John Fleck, what is his best position?

pcbear

One who could deffo do a turn in the first team, we dont want to be signing for signings sake and block the path of this kid who looks the real deal.

Any of the lads who watch the youngsters advise?

If he's that good he'll break into the first team line up soon, probably.

I know he's still young but people like Rooney and Owen broke into the first team very young.

I don't know if he'll last at Ibrox tbh.

I know he's still young but people like Rooney and Owen broke into the first team very young.

He won't break into the first team, and the reason for that is that Walter Smith doesn't like taking chances on youngsters.

Walter Smith said that his best position is as a striker.

I've seen Fleck live a couple of times and, if I'm honest, he's not all he's cracked up to be.

I've seen him play a good few times and I think he looks a superb, young player who if continues to develop the way we wish/talked about, will turn out to be a Rangers superstar.

He has the ability to bring a ball down, link up, run, create something, beat and man, strike and find a pass. Exactly what we are crying out for.

Still early days but I'd like to see a bit more of him next season in the role behind the striker in a 4-5-1.

I've seen Fleck live a couple of times and, if I'm honest, he's not all he's cracked up to be.

All he's cracked up to be , in this case Ronaldo , Kaka and Arshavin rolled into one. Maybe if you didn't pay attention to the hyperbole coming from your pals , seen Fleck more than "a couple of times" and watched objectively you would see what nobody can argue ; Fleck has huge potential.

Walter Smith said that his best position is as a striker.

________________________________________________________________________________

______

There,s your answer on whether WS will give Fleck a chance or not.

Walter thinks his best position is striker and then goes out and buys three new strikers.

What do you think?

Did Walter not give Rooney his chance at Everton???

The only problem with rearing superstars at a big club is that they don't get a chance at an early stage...

like when we got Phil Bardsley and Lee whats'isname

maybe a loan deal to a Belgien team with Buffel as an addon would be an attractive signing...

Fleck is a great prospect but so is Furman.

All this hype about Fleck shadows the other young guys with Dean Furman looking an excellent prospect ready for the first team.

Fleck is still 16 and should remain a bit part player until he is ready which in my opinion of what i've seen he is not.But he will be soon.

I think he could do a very decent job if given a run in the first team. He should be given a chance to appear in matches from off the bench more often, as should Furman imo.

Did Walter not give Rooney his chance at Everton???

The only problem with rearing superstars at a big club is that they don't get a chance at an early stage...

like when we got Phil Bardsley and Lee whats'isname

maybe a loan deal to a Belgien team with Buffel as an addon would be an attractive signing...

Nah Im sure it was Moyes that gave Rooney his chance. Correct me if Im wrong :unsure: