***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

No point even having Boyd on the bench, in my opinion. Not that any of our other strikers are faring much better at the moment, but he'll be lucky to touch the ball, let alone score, if he does play.

Happy to be proved wrong of course!

Why not have him on the bench? We're already down to the bear bones as it is!

He's not the kind of player that can come off the bench and change a game, in my opinion. Obviously there was the CIS Final, but that was the exception that proves the rule.

He's a good player to come on if you're chasing a goal, even if it's just with 10 or so minutes left.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyd will never start a Champions League game.

he will more than likely start against the romanians at home and possibly away and depending on the situation at that time then maybe stuttgart aswell.

Boyd and Lafferty are the 2 best strikers we have and should be starting upfront i would say :21:

He's a good player to come on if you're chasing a goal, even if it's just with 10 or so minutes left.

Is he though? I'm not just trying to needlessly have a go at Boyd, but I can't remember the last time he came off the bench and scored, or even made the difference to a game. Put it this way, if I had the choice of sending Boyd or Novo on for the last 10 minutes of a game in hopes of getting a result, it wouldn't be Boyd.

Is he though? I'm not just trying to needlessly have a go at Boyd, but I can't remember the last time he came off the bench and scored, or even made the difference to a game. Put it this way, if I had the choice of sending Boyd or Novo on for the last 10 minutes of a game in hopes of getting a result, it wouldn't be Boyd.

They should both be sent on if we're chasing a goal!

They should both be sent on if we're chasing a goal!

would put Novo on before Boyd as well

Boydy isn't even scoring goals this season which is his main trick

Hearts away when we were down to ten men, Boyd came on and scored the winning penalty. (tu)

Hearts away when we were down to ten men, Boyd came on and scored the winning penalty. (tu)

Fair point, but it's not as if he created the goal. I'd be just as confident that Whittaker or Davis would have scored that penalty.

Fair point, but it's not as if he created the goal. I'd be just as confident that Whittaker or Davis would have scored that penalty.

Boyd played a part the winning of that penalty. (tu)

Boyd played a part the winning of that penalty. (tu)

:anguish:

My mistake.

I may be wrong but if Boyd does shite today i can't see Walter giving him any more chances in the Old Firm games..

So come on Boydy, buck up your ideas, play like you did the last OF game and add a fucking goal to it!!!

:pipe:

Decent pass by Boyd to set up Miller for the first goal.

Great start to the game for him IMO, sadly when we went back to a 4-5-1 he was pretty quiet, as was anyone up front alone after that.

Hope he's ok with the concussion, probably just shock, looked like he could have played on but don't want to take any chances i guess.

I'd play him again in an old firm game where we are playing 4-4-2.

Mate come on this is getting silly. He was abject and his lack of being able to hold the ball up led to us being forced back into our own half for large spells. I am actually embarrassed for you coming out with nonsense like that.

Mate come on this is getting silly. He was abject and his lack of being able to hold the ball up led to us being forced back into our own half for large spells. I am actually embarrassed for you coming out with nonsense like that.

:rolleyes:

Do you not read what i write? I said he did well when we were playing 4-4-2 early on and scored 2 goals, he even set up one, and after that went quiet up front alone.

What is wrong with that, thats a fair assumption i'd say.

Do you not read what i write? I said he did well when we were playing 4-4-2 early on and scored 2 goals, he even set up one, and after that went quiet up front alone.

you are a brainless little hero worshipping idiot. he was pathetic as usual.

Why are bears calling bears idiots after a win?

doh

Shut up talking pish, I AM the idiot? Sure. Clearly. :rolleyes:

If you think saying what i said there is 'hero worshipping' you are about as intelligent as Scott Brown.

:lol: