The Scotland Supporters Club hits 35,000

Lando

FYI.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=128&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=5899

Supporters club hits 35,000

Monday, 24 May 2010

THE Scotland supporters have reinforced their reputation as the most loyal football fans in the world by signing-up in unprecedented numbers for the Euro 2012 qualification campaign.

A record 35,000 fans have joined the Scotland Supporters Club – in its 30th anniversary year - guaranteeing a seat for all of Scotland’s home games at Hampden Park in qualification Group I, against Spain, Liechtenstein, Lithuania and Czech Republic.

Craig Levein, the national team manager, can’t wait for the campaign to begin.

“This shows the dedication the country has towards the national team. To sign up in such vast numbers, especially when there is no World Cup to look forward to this summer, is exceptional.

“I am sure the players can feed off that support and provide a sustained challenge in the forthcoming campaign.”

Alison Jack, Scottish FA Customer Service Manager: "The reaction from our fans both for renewals and new memberships has been tremendous. For supporters, being a member of the Scotland Supporters club is integral to their support of the Scotland national teams.

"The membership now has whole families joining as well as our traditional Tartan Army groups and what better way to celebrate our 30th anniversary of the club than with our highest-ever membership."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As am I. Hope we can get a wee run like the Euro 2008 qualifiers. THAT was immense!!

(tu)

I wasn't a member at that time, I was at every home game but couldn't get a ticket for the Italy game :( I was gutted.

Rangers have around 45'000 season ticket holders. (tu)

aye but 35,000 in a population of over 5 million makes the Tartan Army "the most loyal football fans in the world"

I hate Scotlands fans more than Englands.

I will never ever forgive Scotland fans for booing GSTQ when we played them in a friendly.

And I despise Scotland fans not only for this, but when they trashed Wembley, greatest international fans in the world you know! (sounds familiar?)

I will never ever forgive Scotland fans for booing GSTQ when we played them in a friendly.

And I despise Scotland fans not only for this, but when they trashed Wembley, greatest international fans in the world you know! (sounds familiar?)

:craphead:

:craphead:

:wink:

Meh 35,000 pish.I wonder how many there would have been if Spain weren't in the group ;)

Thats quite a hypocritical thing to say as a bear, when we barely fill Ibrox on European nights these days, unless we're playing the likes of Barcelona!

I hate all the anti-Scotland pish. I love the union, but i'll never support England at football because do you honestly think they play for Britain when they step onto the field? Nope, and the english media are the most sickening bunch of cretins on this earth.

I wish them no success whatsoever :sherlock:

Meh 35,000 pish.I wonder how many there would have been if Spain weren't in the group ;)

Pretty sure there was around about that much members before the draw was made.

Thats quite a hypocritical thing to say as a bear, when we barely fill Ibrox on European nights these days, unless we're playing the likes of Barcelona!

I hate all the anti-Scotland pish. I love the union, but i'll never support England at football because do you honestly think they play for Britain when they step onto the field? Nope, and the english media are the most sickening bunch of cretins on this earth.

I wish them no success whatsoever :sherlock:

At least we(Rangers fans) bother when we lose rather than the 'Fuck it lets party' attitude.

I'm not anti-Scotland but i'm definitely anti-Tartan Army and i'll back England regardless of their media or whether they play for Britain.

This board will be fun during the World Cup :sherlock:

An Englishman accusing others of trashing the place.