In the summer

Danny

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets look at it another way, mhisser a total and abject failure and a dirty piece of filth.

I take it your referring to Kenny Miller?

I think most OF our members have stated that Miller has been a good signing.

For you to call him a total abject failure is laughable.

As for your dirty piece of filth comment..................well thats just god damn disrespectful.

Nobody who wears that blue jersey should be referred to as a piece of filth you should be ashamed.

Boogie had the hardest task in replacing King Carlos and has ended up playing as good if not better. I think Walter has signed about one dud CB in all his time at Rangers (Boli) but even he was a great signing at the time. Jury still out on Lafferty. £3.5M on a player that cannot pass a ball is shocking IMO. It doesnt matter what position on the pitch you are, you should be expected to do the basics for that price.

davis. his stats this year have been outstanding 8/10

mendes. the midfield messiah 9/10

bougherra - great replacemnt from king carlos, 8/10

velicka - hasnt had a chance. goal at falkirk could go a long way though 4/10

edu - looked decent against ac milan and struggled against forfar hmm, young tho 5/10

niguez - i like the look of him, not seen enough, young 6/10

lafferty - looks like he can finish, clumsy for a big guy, looks to have potenial 6/10

not bad by walter all in all

Steven Davis. He could be the most under rated player in the world. He's the SPL's Lampard imo.

Yes but hes playing out wide tho! need him inside to be the frank! :D

He's not good enough to play in our centre midfield.

Once Thomson gets back he'll be 4th choice centre mid.

If Davis wants a future at Rangers it's at right mid and imo he's done well there.

Steven Davis. He could be the most under rated player in the world. He's the SPL's Lampard imo.

If Davis wants a future at Rangers it's at right mid and imo he's done well there.

fuck me sideways.......a decent post (tu)

For me, Bougherra has probably been the most important signing, he has been a rock at the back, and I think his presence makes the entire defense look good.

Mendes has been a great and inspired signing- he is just so comfortable on the ball and has incredible vision.

Davis is a close third, I think he has been immense for us this year, he's not a traditional winger, but he usually gets the job done and when he is playing well, Rangers play well.

Edu, Lafferty, and Aaron are all fairly young, and all three have shown promise at stages this year. I still think we overpayed for Lafferty, and that's true when he has played on the left.

Velicka was a waste of money I'm afraid, and that has more to do with him never playng than his level of talent.

Hopefully a midfield trio of Mendes, Davis and Thomson with two decent wide men next season. Davis is a CM and that's where he should be played. For £3m you could go out and buy a proper RM/W.

Three top signings were made in the summer: Davis, Mendes and Bougherra. Miller is far too inconsistant (form this season proves that. Started off well, 16 awful games on the trot and has started playing decent again) getting Aaron on a loan deal was a good bit of buisness, £3.5m for Kyle Lafferty was a joke as was the £1m wasted on Velicka (a player who is awful). We also didn't need Maurice Edu and the money spent on him should have gone on another position.

Got to say Bougherra has been the best signing imo. He's done much better than I thought he would. Mendes and davis have been excellent overall (average in some games, outstanding in others). Edu, Aaron and Lafferty are still young and to me are long term investments, though the signs from all three in recent weeks have been encouraging. Velicka was a waste imo.

So walter didn't do too badly on the signing front last summer. We could have done with Davis and Mendes arriving pre Kaunas though.

Of course he's good enough, proved that at International and Premiership level and I'd have Mendes, Thomson and Davis in there centrally.

millers a fcukin turncoat bastard. davis is not great to be honest. end of.

The Miller signing has been a masterstroke by Walter.

I'm still very un-convinced 2 reasons.

1. Not good enough with an atrocious first touch for the most part and poor finishing technique when he has time to think about it and at times as bad as Boyd link up play.

2. We could have done much better for our money.

Of course he's good enough, proved that at International and Premiership level and I'd have Mendes, Thomson and Davis in there.

He's a good player but i'd always have Barry, Mendes and Thomson ahead of him.

Im more than Happy having Davis at right mid.

Of course he's good enough, proved that at International and Premiership level and I'd have Mendes, Thomson and Davis in there.

He's a good player but i'd always have Barry, Mendes and Thomson ahead of him.

Im more than Happy having Davis at right mid.

I'm not, its a waste of his talents. If he can get 15 assists and 5 goals mostly from the right hand side, I'd love to see how that could multiply with him for us in his best position.