The Dailly subsitution

kasabian101

Rent a quote was taking off because he was injured/tired. Not because of his yellow card or a tactical switch. I would have reluctantly brought on Dailly if I was the manager not Edu.

Lots of posters just didnt seem to know that Lee was signaling to the bench to come off. Another thing. How many times when a Cop was telling someone to shut up did hundreds of folk stand up to see what was going on? We were playing our most imporant rivals in a cup final! Watch the game FFS.

Rent a quote was taking off because he was injured/tired. Not because of his yellow card or a tactical switch. I would have reluctantly brought on Dailly if I was the manager not Edu.

Lots of posters just didnt seem to know that Lee was signaling to the bench to come off. Another thing. How many times when a Cop was telling someone to shut up did hundreds of folk stand up to see what was going on? We were playing our most imporant rivals in a cup final! Watch the game FFS.

I realised Lee had taken a knock, but I'd have brought Edu on. Dailly is brutal.

I would have reluctantly brought on Dailly if I was the manager not Edu.

He brings nothing to the team. He's slow, out of position consistantly and he won one header that I can recall. He gets in others ways, he has a poor first touch and his vision and distribution is non-existent. I will never understand what Smith, or you strangely enough, see in him. Reading about Dailly's one year contract extension was the most depressing thing I read in the summer.

Another thing. How many times when a Cop was telling someone to shut up did hundreds of folk stand up to see what was going on?

It's human nature. And how do you know what the cop was doing? Surely you didn't look to see what was going on?

Sorry - you'll have to explain what difference that makes (and I think most of us knew that anyway). Edu is a DM so he would be a perfectly sensible replacement for an injured DM, I'd have thought.

What we needed at that point of the game, though, was to bring on a wide attacker to stretch the game and exploit the weakness Celtic have in the FB positions

But we didn't have a single one in the squad.....

I would never have had Dailly anywhere near our club in the first place

He brings nothing to the team. He's slow, out of position consistantly and he won one header that I can recall. He gets in others ways, he has a poor first touch and his vision and distribution is non-existent. I will never understand what Smith, or you strangely enough, see in him. Reading about Dailly's one year contract extension was the most depressing thing I read in the summer.

Another thing. How many times when a Cop was telling someone to shut up did hundreds of folk stand up to see what was going on?

It's human nature. And how do you know what the cop was doing? Surely you didn't look to see what was going on?

Im not about to argue about Edu and Dailly. I would have gone for experience. Fuck it.

I guessed what happened. Happens all the time. Just pisses me off when folk spend 5 minutes facing the other way of the game to see a police telling a fan one more time and hes out! Watch the GAME.

So the manager was justified in bringing a player who hasn't played a competitive game since Kaunas on in the latter stages of a cup final?

I'm sorry but when you include him in the squad ahead of the likes of Fleck, Aaron and Naismith it's bad enough. But to actually bring him on ahead of Edu or Beasley was nothing short of a disgrace, Smith bottled it. He made three substitutions yesterday and all provided the option to abandon 4-5-1 and actually attmept to win the game. But no, instead he does everything possible to keep his preffered formation intact, despite it visibly failing, and then has the gall to look bereft if ideas once Celtic take the lead.

I'm not kidding when i say that the majority of members on this forum could have picked a better team yesterday and made better substitutions.

So the manager was justified in bringing a player who hasn't played a competitive game since Kaunas on in the latter stages of a cup final?

I'm sorry but when you include him in the squad ahead of the likes of Fleck, Aaron and Naismith it's bad enough. But to actually bring him on ahead of Edu or Beasley was nothing short of a disgrace, Smith bottled it. He made three substitutions yesterday and all provided the option to abandon 4-5-1 and actually attmept to win the game. But no, instead he does everything possible to keep his preffered formation intact, despite it visibly failing, and then has the gall to look bereft if ideas once Celtic take the lead.

I'm not kidding when i say that the majority of members on this forum could have picked a better team yesterday and made better substitutions.

i think the majority of football fans anywhere regardless of whether they watch rangers or not could have picked a better team/making better changes then walter

Im not about to argue about Edu and Dailly. I would have gone for experience. Fuck it.

I guessed what happened. Happens all the time. Just pisses me off when folk spend 5 minutes facing the other way of the game to see a police telling a fan one more time and hes out! Watch the GAME.

How do you know they spent 5 mins looking the other way?

My heart sank when I saw Dailly on the bench and I wasn't shocked when he was played. It beggars belief that he was brought on before Edu....and what was the urgency in signing him if he can't get a game?

Christian Dailly doesn't even deserve to be at Rangers let along play in a fucking Cup Final and an Old Firm one at that - Wally bottled it as usual.

How you can bring on a player that has not kicked a ball since August bar in a friendly match ahead of a £2.7m summer signing is beyond me. Wally is absolutely clueless.

We were 1-0 down, needing a goal and Dailly was almost standing on Weir's toes, he got in the way of Ferguson and it was like we were playing a back five.

dailly should never have been allowed near rangers f.c. in the first place and to bring him on in a cup final totally baffles me. in saying that i think the worst substitution was taking lafferty off. i'm not his biggest fan but he was causing them problems and when he was taken off we simply had nothing to offer up front. to make matters worse, his replacement boyd should have won us the game in the last minute and then was the cause of their first goal when he let the man he was marking run away from him and get a free header.

The normal cover for a defender / defensive midfielder would have been Whittaker, but with Bougherra injured, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Weir & Papac were all playing. McCulloch in front. The only person versatile enough to cover both areas was Dailly. Personally, I would have used Edu and pushed McCulloch back if needed. The real problem for us is that we dont see what goes on in training. Dailly may have been playing really well, we will never know. I still think that Walter Smith is a good manager. He was brought in to "steady the ship", an ideal person to do that as he does take the cautious approach. The ship has been steadied, but you cant expect someone like Fleck or Niguez to come on when they haven't played well enough recently. Lafferty is another youngster who booked his place with some good performances.

I think people should lay off Walter Smith. He lost a really tight game to our nearest rivals because his so called "big" players were not allowed to play by the opposing midfield. Mendes, Davis & Ferguson were snuffed out. Of the 3, only Ferguson seemed to be passionate on the day, but he is a bit more demonstrative than the other 2.

We also need to question the inclusion of Novo. Out for 5 weeks and then brought straight back in? Love the wee guy to bits but there is no way he was match fit. Fleck, Aaron, Naismith, Beasley etc must really question their own positions at the club if they cannot get in ahead of the injured and past it.

Kyle Lafferty, a striker playing out of position, was causing Hinkel all sorts of problems. Surely at that point in the game, we should have given the opportunity to one of our natural wingers to try and change the game?