Outstanding article from another place

Sapphire

I hope this is not seen as advertising another website, that's not the aim here. However if if I'm out of order, I apologise in advance for any wrong doings. But I thought all Bears should read this article about Rangers hater Phil McGillivan. The very man who has attempted to close our club down, who works hand in hand with Spiers and the man who brought the Irish MP to Scotland complaining about the Famine song.

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php?o...39&Itemid=1

I hope this is ok to post admin? If not I shall remove immediately.

Its fine to post mate.

Thanks Dado, I appreciate it. Thought a few Bears may well like to read this particular article. I thought it was a great piece of work and one which more Bears should be having the chance to have a look at.

Phil McGillivan is a hate filled bigot.

Originally from Baillieston, he relocated his wife and family to Donegal a dozen years past. He is a citizen of the Irish Republic, although often proclaims his long term membership of the 'National' Union of Journalists! Phil is as confused as to his nationality as he is to which child cried at which incident involving dem nasty Rangers supporters. Maybe there is a roster for weans tears?

Phil has increasingly over exposed himself on his comments reference Rangers supporters. He appears on Real Radio and BBC Radio Scotland as 'Phil from Donegal' reinforcing stories that he started by briefing Spiers, Forsyth, Murray, ............et al. The thing is, it highlights how lazy all these broadsheet journos are in reality, a cursory glance at Phil's website reveals his own bigotry and proudly portrays himself in Easter Uprising period dress, holding a gun.

:sherlock:

Let me start off by saying that Philbhoy (as he is known in other circles) should be in some form congratulated for his limited achivement in getting air-time. You have to give him credit in that he has taken his fight in a few directions and has had some success in doing so.

I also have to say off the bat that I have been a long time advocate of ditching The Famine Song from our repertoire and I am very proud to say I have never sung the words. Whilst I have no particular time for the song, I believe there are people out there who mean no harm in singing it, however attaching a song to any form of disaster is ill advised in my opinion. I know Phil and other Celtic fans will disagree with me on this point but as many Scots, English and Irish from all religions died in the Famine, I 100% believe the sentiment was never to poke fun at the disaster, however I fully understand why it would upset people.

So now that I have positioned myself on where I stand with the song, I would like to talk about Phil's campaign. A campaign built on myths from the beginning and one which shows no signs of neutrality or indeed, as I will show later, integrity.

Phil first bounced onto the scene in the aftermath of the breaking news that an Irish MP had wrote to the Scottish Parliament about the Famine Song. Phil very quickly pounced on the article and got himself an 8 minute slot on Real Radio. A spot which set the scene on where his campaign was going.

His first mistake was to start perpetuating the story that the song sung by Rangers fans was anything more than 9 words. Phil e-mailed an Irish friend the lyrics of two complete idiots who had hi-jacked the Rangers fans words and added 3 or 4 disgusting verses. This myth which started as a Real Radio snowball turned into a Media snowman and very soon, all articles relating to the Famine song referred to the verses of the song which show clear and unquestionable intolerances. Within a minute of his first public airing on Scottish radio, 2 guys on YOUTUBE were being presented as the voice of Rangers fans and their song was the one on everyones lips all of a sudden.

As a journalist, I would expect no better. It is what they do after all. We all know that sensationalism sells. However I have to wonder and question why Phil hasnt used films in Celtic bars up and down the Gallowgate and why he fails to subjectively report their vile words to take a pop at Celtic Football Club and their fans. The 4 verse song to this day has never been aired at any Rangers game and I seriously doubt if any more than a handful of Rangers fans could actually tell you the words. Ironically, it would seem that more Celtic fans know the words due to the very clever and devious mis-direction created from the off by Phil.

Now Phil seems fairly well educated and actually writes well. I assume of course, he doesn't require the use of a "looky through" man and his articles are 100% his creation and I can therefore only put his next tale down to his eagerness to sell, sell, sell his plight. I couldn't believe my ears as he told the Radio listeners that only that night(how coincidental) he sat at the dinner table and told his kids to the point of one of them being in tears, about a 9 word song been sung at a football match in a completely different country to the one where they live. Now you will excuse me for questioning his parental skills but why would an educated man feel the need to talk about a ridiculous, distasteful song to his kids bringing them to the point of tears. Before anyone starts to think this is a good thing, as it is education, ask yourself if you believe Phil also sits and talks to his children about the bombings in London, Manchester, Omagh and Enniskillen that killed hundreds. Does he explain to his 11 and 12 year olds how he communicates almost every night with people who to this day openly voice their love of the IRA and other such illegal organisations as well as sitting with them at Celtic Park (if he attends) and their local "RA fest" in the pubs surrounding the Gallowgate, of which he has probably on a number of occassions sat in amongst.

He had not long finished with the fake tears myth when he moved onto his next blooper. According to Phil, he was privy to a communication from UEFA officials in Geneva asking for clarity on The Famine Song as Rangers fans had sung the song at the UEFA Cup Final. Well I was in Manchester from 9am that morning and I most certainly heard the song throughout the day in the Pubs of Manchester (didnt fill me with pride). I arrived at the ground a full 90 minutes prior to kick off and I can honestly say with my hand on my heart, I never ONCE heard the song being sung. As someone who regularly slates my own fans on certain subjects, I, quite sadly, listen for these things and I can honestly report the song was not sung that night, or if it was, it must have been a handful of fans that were drowned out. I also know of two other saddos who have watched the final a few times in the aftermath of Phils interview and each of them report the song is not audible on TV coverage. Having openly discussed it with heaps of Rangers fans who vehemently support their right to sing the song, strangely enough, none of them can remember it at Manchester, though they readily hold their hands up and tell you when they can remember it. There have been no letters to Rangers from UEFA about the song in Manchester, NON ACTIONABLE, there has been no video footage shown on TV and there is nothing on YOUTUBE inside the stadium. I'm going to go out on the limb here and say there was no UEFA document asking about a song there is no evidence of anywher. Over to you Phil to prove me wrong on that front.

7 and a half minutes and 3 lies or myths created. You will excuse me if my immediate thoughts were that Phil was trying to get a column in the News of The World with his webs of deceit and sensationalism. Ironically, considering some of his recent articles on David Murray, the words smoke and mirrors immediately spring to mind.

I personally would have much more respect for Phil if he was a subjective journalist however his website, which is popular in the Celtic forum circles, was a quiet website until he hit the headlines. Again, good on him. I bear no grudges or jealousy in his achievement and I am sure his web analytics will be looking healthy nowadays, especially given his tens of articles on Rangers fans, David Murray, Martin Bain, Murray International Holdings and generally everything you would expect from someone on a clear and unashamedly assault on Rangers Football Club.

In what has clearly became a campaign pandering to the masses(no pun intended) Phil loses his position as a journalist and looks more and more as each day passes like a bitter man scorned. His inability to look within his own club and point out any failings, of which there are many (though this isnt a my dads better than your dad competition), should immediately rule him out of reporting on the subject in any press and I have factual evidence of the hypocrisy of this particular journalist.

In a recent article, Phil talked about various conversations with an Irish MP and a certain Mr Billy Singh. He quite rightly referred to a recent court case in which a Rangers fan was given a race related charge due to him singing The Famine Song at Rugby Park. Phil seemed satisfied that finally a court had taken action and was keen to point out his hope that it was a catalyst to a better Scotland. What is interesting though is that a few weeks earlier, a Celtic fan was charged with a Sectarian offence purely and solely for wearing a T-shirt with the word "h**" on it yet strangely, Phils pen appeared to have run out of ink or perhaps his laptop battery was being serviced that fortnight. Various sources have condemned the use of h** but this case was a landmark one and is equal to the landmark case on The Famine Song.

So what of it, I hear you say.

The Million Dollar question is why there are no articles on Phils website calling for the end of sectarianism at Celtic Park and why he doesn't have the urge to "report" on this side of things. Why is it he feels the need to write copious amount of articles on Gers fans and the Famine Song yet chooses to benefit from selective hearing deficiencies on such things as "Go home ya h***" which in a court of law would result in a conviction as has been proven in recent weeks.

Perhaps the answer to that question lies in his own use of the "h**" word.

You see in Phil's world, it is ok to be sectarian(Scots law) but not a racist(Scots law). It is ok to offend, but not ok to be offended. It is ok to laugh at Frankie Boyle, but not to laugh at a Rangers song. It is ok for Phil to refer to us Rangers fans as underclass hunnery but not ok for any of us to take a pop at Celtic fans. It is ok to be a hypocrite when it suits an agenda but not ok when it goes against him and his campaigning.

If you ever get wind of this article Phil and I'm sure you will, then you already have my e-mail address from your website. I am more than happy to exchange views on it and to listen to your reasoning on the inconsistencies.

I am more than happy to call it as it is on both sides, no matter how the dice falls.

Can you say the same Phil, or have you been Exposed as a "h**" hater with an agenda?

thanks for that Sapphire it really shows the two sides clearly yet the Celtic anti british racism is totally ignored thats why we get so riled at being denigrated at every turn

hopefully one day there will be no 'racism' as its described but we can't let ourselves be painted black while they make out they are the poor innocent victims all the time while waving their pizza boxes

Phil McGillivan is a hate filled bigot.

Originally from Baillieston, he relocated his wife and family to Donegal a dozen years past. He is a citizen of the Irish Republic, although often proclaims his long term membership of the 'National' Union of Journalists! Phil is as confused as to his nationality as he is to which child cried at which incident involving dem nasty Rangers supporters. Maybe there is a roster for weans tears?

Phil has increasingly over exposed himself on his comments reference Rangers supporters. He appears on Real Radio and BBC Radio Scotland as 'Phil from Donegal' reinforcing stories that he started by briefing Spiers, Forsyth, Murray, ............et al. The thing is, it highlights how lazy all these broadsheet journos are in reality, a cursory glance at Phil's website reveals his own bigotry and proudly portrays himself in Easter Uprising period dress, holding a gun.

He has undoubtly been working hand in hand with that rancid little toerag, Graham Spiers. I listened to Queersy several weeks ago on the radio, using a particular phrase, which I thought very unusual at the time. Next day I visited McGillivan's website and low and behold, one of the posters was using the exact same terminology as Queers did the previouis evening.

Indeed Spiers let slip, he and McGillivan were working to get Rangers kicked out of Europe as well.

You may have read the part of the artcle, where he was a member of the Provisional SNP in Glasgow (his words) Let me assure everyone here, his friends in that movement are now coming to the fore as anti Rangers haters as well.

Michael Matheson - SNP MSP, who started the Hokey Cokey nonsense.

And for those of you who post on the Scotsman and often wondered why Timmy was free to say whatever he chose and you were not. Well! I'll not mention the name here, but let's just say he has friends in high places.

Time to stand up and fight back Bears.

Superb article , enlightening and good read , thanks for posting it mate .

They do some cracking stuff on Vanguard. I'm told the website is being built from scratch again and needing a lot of work done. But it's taking shape over there.

Good to see all the Rangers websites (well most :rolleyes:) working together. Would be a good idea for all the owners of these sites, to meet up and discuss future strategy.

Superb article , enlightening and good read , thanks for posting it mate .

They do some cracking stuff on Vanguard. I'm told the website is being built from scratch again and needing a lot of work done. But it's taking shape over there.

Good to see all the Rangers websites (well most :rolleyes:) working together. Would be a good idea for all the owners of these sites, to meet up and discuss future strategy.

yeah we need a united front :gerbad:

Guest Andypendek

I've got total deja vu reading this. Was there not a thread with the article (v.good btw) and then a suggestion of forming the People's United Web Front a wee while ago?

<confused>

I've got total deja vu reading this. Was there not a thread with the article (v.good btw) and then a suggestion of forming the People's United Web Front a wee while ago?

<confused>

Older article mate, they've just put it back on the new website. Not sure about the meeting of websites though.

Well highlighted Sapphire.

There are Rangers supporters who really need to wake up to what is happening. There are a group of people....whether you want to call them "Celtic Minded" or something else for that matter, who object to the very existence of our club, and anybody who has anything to do with it.

Tom Minogue and Hugh Lynch are 2 good examples. These are the individuals who were offended "By proxy" after Donald FIndlay's after dinner speech and loged complaints with the Faculty of Advocates - even though they were not in attendance at the dinner itself !

DF was of course subsequently cleared by the Faculty and also received full backing by a number of Roman Catholic QC's.

What was interesting about this one was when one of the broadsheets carried the original story - a number of former pupils of Lynch (He was formely a Catholc School Headmaster) posted comments in the Your Views section describing just what a bigot Lynch had been when employed in that capacity. These are the kind of people we are entertaining.

Another classic example is journalist Anna Smith, She launched a fabricated article a couple of years ago accusing Rangers of a litany of crimes...amongst them that we "cultivated sectarianism" The litany I refer to was as follows....

“Rangers Football Club have fostered bigotry for generations

Rangers cultivated sectarianism

Imagine singing a song about being up to your knees in Paki blood, but it's ok, it seems, to insult Irish Catholics.

They were shamed in 1972 when their moronic bigotted fans ran riot in Barcelona.

Then there were the Nazi salutes in Israel last month.

For some, Rangers stands for Protestant supremacy in Scotland.”

Anna Smith was a one time member of the Troops Out Movement.

There are people in powerful positions who have a deep rooted hatred of our club, our fans and our Protestant roots, who will use any means available to besmirch our club and its support.

I wish a lot more of our supporters would wake up and smell the coffee.

Sunday's NOTW proudly announced that the putrid cockroach Anna Smith is to join their team. This should ring alarm bells for all friends of The Rangers.

During her time with the Daily Record, Smith was twice present on dawn raids. Both provided her with anti-Rangers front pages.

1. After the Sunderland friendly, she campaigned non-stop for the pub slasher to be caught and punished. The police were anxious for a result due to the pressure being exerted by the her at the Record. On information provided by Smith (her claim), she was present when the police raided and arrested four Rangers supporters in the Cambuslang area. The front page carried pictures of the raid and anecdotal stories about the Bears detained. A tremendous piece of demonisation.

A few days later, the arrested Bears were released. The police revealed that they weren't even in Sunderland. Smith did not re-address this, no mention was ever made.

2. The night before a Scottish Cup Final, Smith was to be found with Glasgow City Council workmen (protected by the police) who are repainting lampposts and kerb stones in Bridgeton. She heralds this as an anti-sectarian drive and praises the Councils quick involvement. Pictures and anecdotal stories are on the front page of the Daily Record the next morning.

Her take on the Royston Street Party consisted of four paragraphs. She did not mention the murder, the numerous stabbings, the heart attack victim that died in the ambulance that couldn't get through cut-off roads, the gang battles, the dozens of arrests, the Councils grant of £25,000, etc etc.

Smith is both a season ticket holder and share holder at Celtic Park. Her involvement with Cardinal Winning's media committee, and overt work and support of militant Irish republicanism are well documented. She used to regularly lecture young seminarists on the pitfalls of the big bad Proddy world.

Her family still live in Chapelhall. A big “Sellick-minded” family one might say. Her mother's old house in Arranview Street was regularly draped with republican flags every old firm game.

She started reporting in the Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser at the same time as Graham Isdale. She sold Mr. Isdale down the river big time to get the job with the Record.

Formerly a regular at Airdrie and Coatbridge Labour Council functions, she could also regularly be found drinking in Airdrie. She is unmistakable. Bucked-toothed with wiry unkempt ginger hair, it is claimed she has slept with everybody and anybody to get where she is.

Anna Smith hates Rangers. Anna Smith hates Protestants. Anna Smith is a twisted bigot.

Her first story as Chief Reporter for the Record was our pre-season match against Sunderland. Rangers had a travelling support of 12,000 fans at Sunderland and there were 26 arrests. None, I repeat none of those arrested were charged, although several were cautioned.

I attended this game, had a good time, did not see any trouble, returned home to find there had been a riot. I remember the people of Sunderland and it's suburbs standing by the side of the road waving at the returning buses.

However, Anna and her co-conspirator Brian McCartney linked a mid-afternoon slashing in a bar and the twenty arrested for drunk and incapable, led a clown of an Inspector of Police who said, 'Rangers are no longer welcome', and she had a three day front page headline in the Record.

Anna's timetable of violence was particularly odious. "A man seen running away from car in South Shields at 3am". Eh, South Shields, how far away from Sunderland is that ? What's that got to do with Rangers ?

Over the years Anna has given us much more of the same.

To demonstrate the kind of filth we're talking about......

Anna from the Sunday Mirror March 2007:

Rangers Football Club have fostered bigotry for generations

Rangers cultivated sectarianism

Imagine singing a song about being up to your knees in Asian blood, but it's ok, it seems, to insult Irish Catholics.

They were shamed in 1972 when their moronic bigotted fans ran riot in Barcelona.

Then there were the Nazi salutes in Israel last month.

For some, Rangers stands for Protestant supremacy in Scotland.

Her involvement with police officer, Kevin Smith (no relation) is obvious in all the accompanied dawn raids. Kevin was the ranking officer at both the Cambuslang dawn raid and the Brigton repainting drama. The relationship was strained after Kev convinced Anna that she was immortal and should utilise her position as the Daily Record's Chief Reporter to tackle the scourge of drugs. Remember the Record's drug dealing shop line? Anna championed the immediate effects every day on the front page.

After a few weeks, Anna was complaining she was living in fear of her life, 24 hour police protection, panic buttons all round the house, ........etc. Anna bailed out, got herself a white walled cottage on the west coast of Ireland. She penned an unofficial biography of Martin O'Neill, wrote a semi-autobiographical tome, 'Spit in the Wind', and returned to getting after the BIG BAD PRODDIES.

Kev became Assistant Chief Constable Kevin Smith, with special remit on policing sectarianism, bigotry, and religeous hatred. Dawn raiding white walled cottages on the west coast of Ireland are apparently outside his remit. Spit in the Wind...................................