Spurs set to offload Hutton back to Rangers

I don't like bringing players back, but if someone offered me a fully fit Hutton then it'd be hard to say no.

I've seen plenty of Wilson in the reserves. The boy has talent and potential coming out of his ears and, like Aaron, I've got no doubt playing first team football would add 40-50% to his game.

In such case, I'd be tempted to keep Wilson and let Hutton prove himself down there. Then again, if Wilson's not going to get a chance under Smith for the next year or two, let him go to Spuds (if he wants to) and get Hutton back up that M6 asap.

Think the best thing we could in terms of Wilson is to gradually bring him in and get Weir to kind of mentor him in a way as I cant see Weir playing too mnay games next season and he does need replacing and he will know that himself....

The only thing with Weir is that he probably won't stay on as a coach or as a non-automatic choice for 1st team football, due to his family situation.

But, nonetheless, he does have an incredible talent for bringing out the best in whoever plays alongside him. I'd love to see him really concentrate on tutoring Wilson for a year before he leaves us.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be confident with Wilson over McCulloch, Dailly, Broadfoot when I heard the CH pairing in the pro shop I was a birng down knew we wouldnt win

I know, you felt the need to text me it at work and ruin my day :anguish:

I saw it online just before i left work on saturday. It was a miserable walk to central then train to cardonald :anguish:

I don't like bringing players back, but if someone offered me a fully fit Hutton then it'd be hard to say no.

I've seen plenty of Wilson in the reserves. The boy has talent and potential coming out of his ears and, like Aaron, I've got no doubt playing first team football would add 40-50% to his game.

In such case, I'd be tempted to keep Wilson and let Hutton prove himself down there. Then again, if Wilson's not going to get a chance under Smith for the next year or two, let him go to Spuds (if he wants to) and get Hutton back up that M6 asap.

Think the best thing we could in terms of Wilson is to gradually bring him in and get Weir to kind of mentor him in a way as I cant see Weir playing too mnay games next season and he does need replacing and he will know that himself....

The only thing with Weir is that he probably won't stay on as a coach or as a non-automatic choice for 1st team football, due to his family situation.

But, nonetheless, he does have an incredible talent for bringing out the best in whoever plays alongside him. I'd love to see him really concentrate on tutoring Wilson for a year before he leaves us.

I'm sure he'll get a fair few games next season, after that who knows? But can see him taking on some of the coaching next season or at least as I said mentoring the younger guys who are making the step up as well as Wilson such as Jordan McMillan.

How about we say to Spurs.

We'll take Hutton back and as for Wilson away and bile yer baws.....here's Dailly,McCulloch,Adam,Boyd,Miller,Weir,Broadfoot,Smith,Hemdani and Ferguson...and complain we'll gi ye a smack fur yer cheek..

just so long as its walter smith and not stevie smith as that lad despite his injuries will be one of the best left backs in gers history if given the chance

Cant see it happening to be honest! Would luv to see Hutton back here as we have totally missed him. Not sure if he would be the same player if he came back tho, in terms of his ego etc. Would probably fit in well with the Barry, Boydie, McGregor, Broadfoot gang!

i just dont get this he is inexperienced how do you get experience if you are not given the chance??? how does he prove he is good enough to play in the first team when he doesnt get a chance? will he get a chance?

A ha! You have found your sense again after your anti-Dutch rant yesterday :P

I agree though, hopefully things will be different next year. Will Wilson be disillusioned with life at Ibrox by then though, especially with the Premiership calling?

Who knows.

i just dont get this he is inexperienced how do you get experience if you are not given the chance??? how does he prove he is good enough to play in the first team when he doesnt get a chance? will he get a chance?

A ha! You have found your sense again after your anti-Dutch rant yesterday :P

I agree though, hopefully things will be different next year. Will Wilson be disillusioned with life at Ibrox by then though, especially with the Premiership calling?

Who knows.

Anti-dutch rant it wasnt i was merely trying to point out to the masses that football is 11 V 11 now holland may be vastly greater technically but that means nothing Arsenal were streets ahead of Burnley in terms of talent yet they lost. I may have worded my rant in a stupid manner but the point remains ANYTHING can happen in football Saturday should teach us that.

I get more and more annoyed with smith over his youth policy, i read the other day that efrem (boy we have at dundee on loan) is attracting interest from fulham and bolton i think it was, so he is good enough to impress the prem scouts but not good enough for our first team???? i even say an interview with wally suggesting our problem was our lack of wingers ffs

Straight Swap?

I doubt it's going to happen but, Tottenham still owe us money on Hutton.

Also if Danny Wilson is as good as we think he's going to be, why would we let him go we need a good CB.

I doubt this is true! Alan had a good start to his Spurs career before injury. I for one would bite their hands off to take him back. We need to be realistic and ask the question, would he even consider coming back after watching the side we have been this season?

The only ray of hope i have is, if Danny Wilson is reluctantly next out the door, it may be regarded as a swap deal if they still owe us money?