Rumour has it that Rangers Expect a 20% reduction in Season Tickets Next Season

contacts

Season Tickets  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Why folks may not renew their season ticket?

• credit crunch
    • poor football
    • a bit of both

Internally it is believed that Rangers have forecast a reduction in season ticket numbers by 20%. I'll still be buying my season ticket again but i know a lot of folks having second thoughts.

What are your thoughts on why this is happening? Credit crunch and a lack of funds or watching poor quality football?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of both for me...

People have less disposable income and while a season ticket is almost always an emotional purchase (as opposed to a logical one) luxuries may be shelved. Especially when, as you say, the product is less than average and you're hardly treated as a valued customer by RFC at times.

A bit of both for me...

People have less disposable income and while a season ticket is almost always an emotional purchase (as opposed to a logical one) luxuries may be shelved. Especially when, as you say, the product is less than average and you're hardly treated as a valued customer by RFC at times.

It will depend on whether we win the league or not.

Speaking from my own experience, in years gone past even if I shouldn't have bought my season ticket from a financial priorities point of view, I always managed to somehow.

There is a lot of negativity amongst the support right now if we use the mood of the messageboards as a guage, but if we win this league then it will be a huge relief to the club and support and optimism will flood back (rightly or wrongly).

Voted bit of both.

I will renew for son & I.

I just can't imagine not going along to Ibrox to all the games.

But - the football HAS been poor - the club doesn't do enough for the fans imo - and times are tight so many will have no option but to give it up etc.

It is a fairly depressing time to be a fan - but still - once a fan always a fan - and so long as I can afford it I will keep renewing come what may.

I went for both, I will still be renewing but maybe not ticking every box on the CCS scheme as I did this year and the year before. Saved quite a bit because of the lack of a euro run this year but the quality of entertainment has been poor to say the least.

Any idea on a price increase/freeze/reduction for the ST next year?? Nothing has beeen said but I would be shocked and appalled if they went up even if we win the league this year.

Any idea on a price increase/freeze/reduction for the ST next year?? Nothing has beeen said but I would be shocked and appalled if they went up even if we win the league this year.

I reckon prices will be frozen.

Bit of both. I've been struggling to afford it for a few years now. since I'm just finishing of my degree, I don't know where I'll be working (or not) by the time August comes.

The football quality, the manager's tactics and rationale has disillusioned me though.

i will be renewing mine win the league or not.

I can definately see why people may not be renewing with other expenses on top also to be taken into consideration.

Does anyone know what percentage is allocated for season tickets and what percent was sold this season?

I reckon prices will be frozen.

Do frozen prices not mean a real increase due to the VAT cut?

As with many other a bit of both; I object to being penalised financially,as has happened for years, for paying upfront.

I have enjoyed very few games over the last 4 or 5 years and especially the last 2 when poor quality palyers and negative football philosophy have combined to stifle entertainment.

I would not know what to do if I didn't go to Ibrox so I may not renew my season ticket but just buy tickets for individual games as I did for many years before the Souness influx of support forced me to ensure games for myself and my kids by buying season tickets. Of course it will almost certainly mean I will miss out on old firm games but the atmosphere now is non existent as compared to 10 years ago.

Given the poor standard of so many players in our squad ticket prices should be slashed but I will not hold my breath.

As I have mentioned previously, when picking up my cup final tickets a few weeks ago - I looked at the White board in the office - where it was written in bold lettering for the staff 'Season Ticket Target - 44,000' That would suggest that they are confident of getting the same amount of renewals as usual, I would suggest?

As I have mentioned previously, when picking up my cup final tickets a few weeks ago - I looked at the White board in the office - where it was written in bold lettering for the staff 'Season Ticket Target - 44,000' That would suggest that they are confident of getting the same amount of renewals as usual, I would suggest?

What would the staff in the Ticket Office be doing to achieve the target?

What would the staff in the Ticket Office be doing to achieve the target?

As they are mind numbingly incompetent that is a good question ! :sherlock: