***Hapoel Tel-Aviv v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill carry on my recent form and say an unlucky tel aviv 2 - 1 rangers loss

very difficult place to go and also we have key players missing, i may also be correct in saying they have appointed a new manager to meaning they will be just as fired up as us to do well in europe

they did appoint a new manager, but he could only inspire a 1-1 draw in their outing at the weekend.

I hope we win, but would take a scoring draw

I think we will win 2-0, with Novo and Boyd scoring, if I remember correctly Novo has already scored about 4 goals in Europe so far.

Would go with a 4-4-2 but with Novo playing behind and off Boyd and using his pace more, would start with Adam initially but have Sionko replace him during the second half when the players start to get tired. Burke should start but hope he tracks back a bit more as I think Hutton could be outnumbered if he doesn't.

This will be a good chance for Svensson, playing alongside the experienced Weir, and Murray has been doing well at left back.

Lookin at their recent run, and form in the cup, a 1-1 draw looks most likely, and with novo's form sofar in Europe, fancie him to score for us, but whts interesting, jst lookin briefly at their results, they seem to concede quickly after they score, and they score near breaks and the start. Jst thinking then, with the injuries they have at the back, and with us not conceeding the silly goals since Waldo took over, a sneaky 2-1 or 3-1 could be on the cards, especially with boyds confidence boost from the weekend! C'mon the Gers!!!

If we play anywhere near our best over there we will win by two or three goals. They are a poor side compared to some of the others in this compettion and i cannot see past us getting the win over there. A clean sheet would do nicely aswell.

Hapoel 0-2 Rangers for me. Lets take another step twords Hamden. WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

I think we'll win, and quite comfortably at that.

of course i hope you are right Danny.

But like i said earlier...in fact i think you were one that went berserk after that 0-0 draw away at Molde, that these games are played over 2 legs. Our aim is to win over those 2 legs, so if we come back on wednesday night with another 0-0 draw or something, there is no need to get the knives sharpened, as we will beat that mob at home comfortably.

even with we lose..say..2-1, we will turn that around. If we perform badly and get a decent result i will be pleased.

OF COURSE i hope we win, and i hope it turns into a walkover..

all im saying is, dont be shocked if we dont romp the first leg as there is still another game to play

But like i said earlier...in fact i think you were one that went berserk after that 0-0 draw away at Molde,

Berserk? I nearly had a hernia :(

But like i said earlier...in fact i think you were one that went berserk after that 0-0 draw away at Molde,

Berserk? I nearly had a hernia :(

:lol:

but at the end of the day mate, we got through which ultimatly is the main thing, i wouldnt give a toss if we lost 5-0 tomorrow and won at home 6-0 (al be it stressful)..as long as we get through. if we get knocked out then by all means ,swear,scream,shout,punch people. But over 2 legs, i do believe we will be far too strong

I think it will be 1-0 to Rangers with either Boyd or Novo scoring (if he plays). Wee novo has scored in 3 of his 4 European outings this season.

We are missing some key players through injusry, but I think the determination that Walter and Ally have installed in the team since their arrival will see us through.

P.S. I would even settle for a draw, preferably with us getting an away goal. We will slaughter them at Ibrox!

European record: The benchmark for this side is the efforts of the team from five years ago that reached the last eight of the Uefa Cup - the club's best showing in Europe. On that occasion they saw off Chelsea, Lokomotiv Moscow and Parma en route to a quarter-final against AC Milan which they led after the first leg but eventually lost 2-1. They lost the next season in the second round to Leeds when Alan Smith hit four goals in the second leg.

Thought this was interesting. I for one underestimated them.

-----------------Mcgregor

HUTTON-----WEIR---SVENSSON---MURRAY

----------------HEMDANI

---------BURKIE---BARRY---ADAM

------------NOVO----BOYDIE

But wtf do I know? lol

The world famous Glasgow Rangers to triumph 2-0 (at least)

Boyd/Barry to score.

-------------------McGregor

----------------HEMDANI

But wtf do I know? lol

Boyd/Barry to score.

Looks about right in terms of personel, we only have 14 fit senior players so I dont see us having much choice anyway

----------------HEMDANI

But wtf do I know? lol

Boyd/Barry to score.

You got to laugh...usually you could have a discussion over the team but I don't know if we've got much else else available other than those you mentioned.

----------------HEMDANI

But wtf do I know? lol

Boyd/Barry to score.

You got to laugh...usually you could have a discussion over the team but I don't know if we've got much else else available other than those you mentioned.

Too true. A better question then is who do we have on the bench?

Rae/Shhhhhhhheeeeeeebbbboooooo/Ally?

We better not pick up any injuries tonight!

I say 2-0 to us.

I just hope we win as a celtic fan I work with says we don't stand a chance yet he believes they'll beat ac 3 or 4 nil next tues. We've now made it more interestin though as if rangers win or draw he puts on my £5 coupon this weekend and if they lose I put on his and vice versa with celtc game next week. Easy win for me this week me thinks!

BTW sebo will score the winner in the 89th minute in the next old firm game not tonight