***Hapoel Tel-Aviv v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Rangers travel to Tel-Aviv without, Prso, Klos, Buffel, Webster, Smith, Ehiogu and Thomson.

G. Rae, Sebo, Gallacher, Robinson, Perry, Furman, McMillan, Loy and Lennon are added to the squad.

--------------Boyd--Novo------------

Adam--Hemdani--Ferguson--Burke

Murray---Svensson---Weir---Hutton

----------------McGregor--------------

Hapoel-1

Rangers-2

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers travel to Tel-Aviv without, Prso, Klos, Buffel, Webster, Smith, Ehiogu and Thomson.

G. Rae, Sebo, Gallacher, Robinson, Perry, Furman, McMillan, Loy and Lennon are added to the squad.

Hapoel-1

Rangers-2

My head says 3-1 to Hapoel but my heart agrees with you ;)

Got to say that is the worse looking Rangers team for years yet we are on the kind of unbeaten run that far superior squads could only dream of. It's a funny old game as they say.

il take a draw just now i really would

what people have to understand is that these games are over 2 legs, if we perform terribly and still get a draw then we should take it.

i remember the one and only time i ever backed PLG was when we drew 0-0 away to Molde, and people on here were slating him for this result...even though we KNEW we played awful and still got a result that would set us up for the home leg in which there was no way in hell we would lose.

same goes here, if we get a draw, we will beat this mob 2 or 3 at home.

of course..i hope we win comfortably

Hapoel-1

Rangers-2

My head says 3-1 to Hapoel but my heart agrees with you ;)

Got to say that is the worse looking Rangers team for years yet we are on the kind of unbeaten run that far superior squads could only dream of. It's a funny old game as they say.

Gotta agree except for the score - I think we will get a draw in Israel and win in Scotland.

(tu)

Hapoel are also struggling at the moment and have a few injuries. Not going to be easy and I'd take a 1-1 draw and hopefully put them away at Ibrox. I think we can sneak a win tho. Boyd looks hungrier, Weir has brought a lot to the back four along with Murray. Centre midfield is solid enough, just Adam and Burke who I am worried about.

-----------------Macgregor------------

Hutton------Weir------Svensson----Murray

Burke-----Ferguson----Hemdani----Adam

-------------Novo--------Boydy------------

A will take 1-1 the now and take them back to Ibrox and do the job there but a was rite with ma prediction for yesterday so heres hopin for another :P

Tel Aviv 1

Rangers 2 Boyd and Novo

I'D have Sionko before Adam........the boy hasn't got it.

1-1 on Wednesday and i'd take a risk with Sebo up front with Boyd.

.........McGregor...........

Hutton....Karl....Weir.....Murray

Burke........Fergie...Brahim.......Sionko

..............Sebo.......Boyd.................

:ph34r:

Hapoel-1

Rangers-2

Yeah i have to agree with you o nthis one Muff, altho i would almost be tempted to throw sebo in. Bit of a gamble coz at least wed know what we were getting with nacho but i just think this could be the right game for sebo. Now that thomsons out i hope walt does go 4-4-2 and resists the urge to throw rae in there... :unsure:

Hapoel-1

Rangers-2

agree with the team but i think we'll win 2-0 (tu)

Hapoel might be playing p*sh but wednesday will be a hard game, especially over in Israel. They do have some dangerous players and with them under performing in the league/cups etc they might see the UEFACup as a chance to prove themselves and get away from their poor domestic form. Just remember, we aren't that good either!

Hard game but I think we can take care of this tie and progress!

This game is going to be a lot harder than some people are making out. Israeli fans are known to make their arena's very intimidating to play in along with the fact that this team does have a bit of quality (they gubbed PSG in Paris) means I would settle for a draw.

Had Buffel been fit he would have played as a second dtriker but that is not the case so Novo must up his game more than he has in the past few outings. His pace could be so crucial to us on the counter attack.

People are debating about team selection but for me Boyd has to start. He is the one player we have who is capable of nicking a goal and IMO we must score if we are to go through.

The midfield will be key for me. Ferguson must stamp his authority on the game early as we will be out numbered in the midfield and they might run over us becuas of the extra man in there. It wouldn't suprise me to see Walter pull Adam infield and match them man for man in that department. That would also mean Burke and Novo can support Boyd who is a bit "workshy" to play up there on his own in Europe.

I also think Sionko should come on near the end. He's not brillant but he has electric pace and with a tiring backline to run at he could cause problems.

I predict a very close game with us taking an away goal back to Ibrox.

This will be a tough game without a doubt. We must score at least one goal over there. The last thing i want is for us to draw 0-0 over there and come back to ibrox and end up going out on the away goals rule. That really hurt against villareal when it happened.

We can win this :D

I'm slightly cautious but in a way, confident.

If we go with the right attitude and tactics and the fans get behind the team like we always do, we can sneak a win.

We have done it in Italy, why not Isreal.

WATP :D

I don't understand the trepidation. Ok, Maccabi pushed Liverpool 2 seasons ago, but we eased past them, and they're the best in Israel. This is Molde all over again - Hapoel Tel Aviv are poor, and anything other than a win would be pretty poor.

We're a HELL of a lot better than they are, even in our current transition.

We are on paper but it's not easy to go to a place like Israel and get a result. I'd be happy with an away draw. They'll be a different proposition at Ibrox.

--------------McGregor--------------

I think that line up is our only option tbh. It would be a huge boost if we managed to come home with a win and a few away goals. I would also be very happy if we came home with a draw. IMO it won't be easy, we know very little about them and they have a very hostile set of fans this could effect our players. The team seem to be in a good confident mood, thats always a good thing.

Win to the gers 3-1.

WATP!!!

ill carry on my recent form and say an unlucky tel aviv 2 - 1 rangers loss

very difficult place to go and also we have key players missing, i may also be correct in saying they have appointed a new manager to meaning they will be just as fired up as us to do well in europe

I don't understand the trepidation. Ok, Maccabi pushed Liverpool 2 seasons ago, but we eased past them, and they're the best in Israel. This is Molde all over again - Hapoel Tel Aviv are poor, and anything other than a win would be pretty poor.

Did we not struggle over in Norway? :blink:

I think we'll go through over the 2 legs but I dunno enough about this mob to say we will go over there and win comfortably.