The abuse from the papers is unreal

minstral

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 16 people who were tragically killed in the north sea hardly got a mention on Sky News or the BBC either. If it had happened in England it would have been the top story, ahead of the G20 summit. But anyway..

Scotland were woeful last night, although at least their luck appears to be changing. Before the first goal it was embarrassing, we couldn't get the ball off Iceland after about the 10th minute they were dictating the game. I was at the game and they were set to be booed off at half time, believe me. Frustration was growing, although there were a few Rangers haters insisting it was a brilliant performance, and the rest of us should shut up moaning, etc. But it was notable that while Ferguson and McGregor did get some abuse, it wasn't as much as I thought it would be, and more significantly they weren't chanting George Burley's name. The majority of the fans aren't convinced by him, although he was vindicated last night by the result, and that is what matters in the final analysis. But we were very lucky - not just Iceland's chance at the end with the gioalmouth scramble, but at 1-1 Gudjohnsson missed an absolute sitter, he nearly hit the corner flag from about 8 yards out. I couldn't believe a player of that class missed a chance like that. Fletcher and Scott Brown in midfield seemed to need somebody to tell them what to do, which is what Ferguson does. We badly missed him. It was like Iceland had an extra man in midfield, possibly because we had 2 lightweight wide players in Morrison and McCormack.

Craig Gordon certainly proved it was a mistake to drop him in the first place, though. He is better than McGregor, commands his box, and has bailed the Scots out time and again. Alan Hutton was the only class player on display for us last night, though McCormack also played well, reminding me of the role Nacho Novo plays for Rangers. All the attacking threat we had came down the wide areas, in the middle we were dominated, and that wouldn't have happened with a fit and on form Barry Ferguson. But will we ever see that again, for club or country?

On another note, McManus and Caldwell are awful. Scotland need a centre half who can play a bit of football, not these 2 donkeys, who are good in the air but nothing else. And how poor are Rangers, if a team with 3 average at best players (Brown, McManus and Caldwell) can win the SPL four years in a rowow??

McManus and Caldwell :lol:

Oh dear. Mark Guidi called them the best partership since McLeish and Miller.

Eidur Gudjohnsen caused havoc almost every time he got the ball, I don't think Fletcher or Brown got close to him once. Except when Brown became angry and tried to act hard, as per. And gave away the foul in a dangerous position, as per.

Again I am forced to ask, why do you guys get so het up over what the ghutter prhess are saying?

Why do professional players give them amo?

IMG2627-1238675238.jpg

On the basis of that picture alone neither of these players deserves to play for our club ever again.

Again I am forced to ask, why do you guys get so het up over what the ghutter prhess are saying?

IMG2627-1238675238.jpg

On the basis of that picture alone neither of these players deserves to play for our club ever again.

What that picture doesn't show is that they were right next to each other doing it at the same time, hence clearly premeditated.

Embarrassing, regardless of what you think of Burley.

IMG2627-1238675238.jpg

What that picture doesn't show is that they were right next to each other doing it at the same time, hence clearly premeditated.

I'm quite speechless at their lack of professionalism over the past week.

It's rare that I'm disgusted at the conduct of Rangers players, but this is an exception.

If Walter Smith starts both on Sunday, it says a lot about his own feeble weakness and integrity.

IMG2627-1238675238.jpg

I'm quite speechless at their lack of professionalism over the past week.

It's rare that I'm disgusted at the conduct of Rangers players, but this is an exception.

If Walter Smith starts both on Sunday, it says a lot about his own feeble weakness and integrity.

I was thinking of a post like that.

If Smith does nothing in terms of knocking these two down a level or six, what kind of example is that to Fleck and our other young lads?

They don't know when to quit, do they?

I'm worried for Fleck now. In one of the Rangers news articles this week, Fleck said Fergie was leading him to the top... Truely worried for Fleck with his influence now!

Do people really believe that both players were doing then v sign deliberatley ? <cr>:lol:

Does no one ever sit with there hands on there chin, no ?

Fuck me some of the stuff on here is getting beyond a joke.

McGregor was doing it with his middle finger too and smirking about it in the process. That was caught on TV pictures and highlighted last night.

It was very deliberate and highly immature of two of our senior players.

Do people really believe that both players were doing then v sign deliberatley ? <cr>:lol:

McGregor was doing it with his middle finger too and smirking about it in the process. That was caught on TV pictures and highlighted last night.

God you really are deluded.

....at the same time sitting next to each other. Barry has had a great career and he will be remembered more for this incident than some of his play and team leadership. I for one am sad at that thought, makes it worse it took the spotlight off of the fatty's howler against NI.

God you really are deluded.

And you're oblivious to the truth.

Difference of opinions are wonderful things. :P

To be fair to McGregor and Ferguson, I sit like that sometimes, especially when watching a shite football or tennis match.

Infact I'm sure everyone sits like that at times aswell (you'll be lying if you said you didn't), Wally does it!

However McGregor was giving the middle finger (at who I don't know) as Sportscene and the Sky cameras caught it.

IF and a big IF, they were meaning to do the 'V' signs then it just goes to show how stupid, thick, arrogant and selfish they really are (well in my eyes they have already proven that by their drinking)

totally agree - I reckon Scotland were lucky to get the win in the end against a very poor Iceland team.

Nik2402 - what is the source for your statement regarding Brown leaving 20 mins before the Cameron House 2?

It's in The Sun, I just read it in the caff.

It says Burley gave them permission to go to the bar for a 'bonding session' when they got back; 7 went drinking, broonaldinho laft 20 mins ahead of Barry and McGregor.

Burley heard about Barry and McGregor and wanted to send them home but the rest objected to them being singled out, abd Burley obviously couldn't send them all home.

How come when the TV pictures showed both the players alleged "giving the Vickie" no one mentioned a word about it in the match thread at the time ? :rolleyes:

It was mentioned after the game either earlier on in this thread of the 'Ferguson and McGregor dropped' one.

THEY are both a disgrace to club & country.Its been all over the Radio, TV, Internet & I was listening to Parry on Talksport & he thinks they are damaging Scotlands image with these "PATHETIC" photos.

Its not about "Rangers" players-Its about Scotland players & if it had been Caldwell & McManus-the same would be getting printed/spoken about with equal fervour.

The fact that BF is SCOTLAND,S CAPTAIN makes it worse as he is the person who is supposed to know all this.

You cant blame Scotland fans for booing them-they have attitude problems.

What are you on Barry? Making faces & fingering then going & doin a warmdown himself & trainer at the end.Do you want to play for Scotland or not.

AM is a madman.He was with the Dunfermline team in Spain a few years ago & there is a Dunfermline pub therte & they were in all the time.AM is phycho-crazy & acted the clown the whole time.I know this but grow up a bit both of you.

BF was at it a few weeks ago too-sticking his fingers to his mouth & uttering "finished Ha, Shutup" to his own fans.

Take a bit of responsability.

AND BTW Im glad Gordon is in goals as he is a better keeper & commands his area far better then AM who is a shot stopper.

Guest therabbitt
To be fair to McGregor and Ferguson, I sit like that sometimes, especially when watching a shite football or tennis match.

Infact I'm sure everyone sits like that at times aswell (you'll be lying if you said you didn't), Wally does it!

However McGregor was giving the middle finger (at who I don't know) as Sportscene and the Sky cameras caught it.

IF and a big IF, they were meaning to do the 'V' signs then it just goes to show how stupid, thick, arrogant and selfish they really are (well in my eyes they have already proven that by their drinking)

(tu)

People copy body language of the person they are sitting next too also.

I'd a little dumbfounded if they were intentionally flicking the v's too a camera, but there isn't much that will surprise me any more...