The abuse from the papers is unreal

minstral

The back of the Record read: "We were brilliant without you two", or something to that extent.

My god, if that was a 'brilliant' performance last night then we'd be as well throwing the towel in. Scotland were absolutely fucking horrific.

Oh yes ... we are star turns against the mighty Magyars of Iceland :rolleyes:

I shall resist the temptation to say that Magyars are Hungarian. Come on Thermo you can do better than that....

Please tell me you know the impression that great Hungarian team made when they came to Wembley and Puskas took Billy Wright to the cleaners

The 6-3 win in 1953? Oh yes, well aware although decades before my time ;)

Reminds me of a story in Slim Jim's book where he took Puskas to a party in the Drum and he dipped one of the local ladies :cool:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland brilliant :lol:

I guess George Burley and the media were all pissed last night!

Time for every Rangers player to retire from Scotland duty - the Tartan Army and the media are a bunch of wankers.

Fletcher and Caldwell continue to put in horrific shifts yet nothing is ever mentioned.

I hope that Mark Guidi gets hit by a bus!

:lol: When is George Burley not pished. He always looks out of it.

He is an embarrassing appointment ... the sad thing is the mistake is pretty much all Smudgers :(

Scotland brilliant :lol:

I guess George Burley and the media were all pissed last night!

Time for every Rangers player to retire from Scotland duty - the Tartan Army and the media are a bunch of wankers.

Fletcher and Caldwell continue to put in horrific shifts yet nothing is ever mentioned.

I hope that Mark Guidi gets hit by a bus!

:lol: When is George Burley not pished. He always looks out of it.

He is an embarrassing appointment ... the sad thing is the mistake is pretty much all Smudgers :(

In terms of candidates he wasn't even the best of a bad bunch.

Guest Andypendek

I quite often comtemplate the world with a finger either side of that middle bit of the top lip...I didn't realise I was giving the vicky before today. Thanks once again to the investigative titans of the press and broadcast media for unearthing this sinister, hunnish conspiracy to insult the watching millions. No doubt children were hustled upstairs to bed, with a cup of cocoa and a digestive biscuit, while Mummy assured the nervous little things that there's no such thing as a Barry Ferguson, he's just a bad man on the telly.

I don't buy this idea that players must kiss ass of the fans. I much prefer to see men who give it out take it as well, which applies here to the players and the fans. It's be a sad world if no-one stood up for themselves, I reckons.

And it's ironic that the fans hate Barry, the press hate Barry, loads on here hate Barry: one of the few people to show any loyalty to Barry, is that 'turncoat wee rhat' Brown. Well done, Scott.

EDIT: And I meant to say, did no-one on the Sun think to mention they were going to run a story about Brown, Teale et al being in on the session while the back pages were going to moan on about Fergie/McG being sooooooo awful?

I quite often comtemplate the world with a finger either side of that middle bit of the top lip...I didn't realise I was giving the vicky before today. Thanks once again to the investigative titans of the press and broadcast media for unearthing this sinister, hunnish conspiracy to insult the watching millions. No doubt children were hustled upstairs to bed, with a cup of cocoa and a digestive biscuit, while Mummy assured the nervous little things that there's no such thing as a Barry Ferguson, he's just a bad man on the telly.

I don't buy this idea that players must kiss ass of the fans. I much prefer to see men who give it out take it as well, which applies here to the players and the fans. It's be a sad world if no-one stood up for themselves, I reckons.

And it's ironic that the fans hate Barry, the press hate Barry, loads on here hate Barry: one of the few people to show any loyalty to Barry, is that 'turncoat wee rhat' Brown. Well done, Scott.

EDIT: And I meant to say, did no-one on the Sun think to mention they were going to run a story about Brown, Teale et al being in on the session while the back pages were going to moan on about Fergie/McG being sooooooo awful?

:lol: next time you are in trouble with your boss, sit at the next meeting with your fingers like that and see what gets said.

Over hyped as usual, its as if the pair of them has killed someone.

We were brilliant without you two",

1. Playing 3rd best country (at football) in the world.

2. It's very embarrassing to see Scotland only beating Iceland 2-1.

3. STICK YOUR TARTAN ARMY UP YER ARSE.

Im a big rangers fan, I go 2 as many games as I can and Im in the SSC and go 2 every home game. Your post is unbelievable one sided which I sadly come to expect from some of the numpties on this forum. Theres always going to be Bears who dont like the tartan army and theres plenty in the SSC that despise us bears aswell.

Is it more embarrassing to have scotland beat iceland 2-1 or have ICT beat us 1-0 at home?! have a think before you come out with shite like this. Most of the rangers players involved with scotland have done themselves no favours, Boyd, ferguson, mcgregor and mcculloch! These players get slated week in week out for their performances at Rangers and is part of the reason why the football we've played this season and for much of last season have been piss poor! So your not in much of a postion to be critising Scotland. I was at the game last night celebrating the goals next to a diehard celtic fan, it was brilliant! at least supporting scotland means u can go 2 hampden at get a bit of atmosphere and banter! Ibrox is like a graveyard these days! So all you narrow minded numbskulls can get tae fuck and live in your fantasy world.

do us a favour and stick yer heid up yer own arse

I hope this riles the two of them...especially ferguson. Haven't read any of the pish and don't intend to......

Sometimes you are much better off living in England as the press ignore us. One of my last trips back to Scotland the front page of the paper was about doing the hokey cokey.......the front page......feck me.....

I hope this riles the two of them...especially ferguson. Haven't read any of the pish and don't intend to......

Sometimes you are much better off living in England as the press ignore us. One of my last trips back to Scotland the front page of the paper was about doing the hokey cokey.......the front page......feck me.....

On the day after the biggest North Sea disaster since Piper Alpha the majority of The Sun's cover was taken up photos of McGregor and Ferguson resting the "v's" on thier chins.

It beggars belief, it really does.

The Sun is an absolute disgrace of a paper and their columnists are even worse

Roger Hannah today said McGregor didnt come off his line in Amsterdam

Well Rog its a bit fuckin hard when Dirk Kuyt is blocking you

And if we are talking about goalkeepers in the air where was Gordon in Georgia?

Fukin hypocrites the lot of them

Roll on Sunday

This whole thing is a set up, Rangers are the targets here, tell me this, the 7 of them are in the teams hotel and allegedly they spent £1500 ? Now how come this hotel kept on serving the Scottish National team drink to this extent on the run up to a game ? Surely the for the want of a better word manager if they are that strict about the teams drinking nowadays had alerted the hotel management that if this was going on he was to be informed ? OK the players should have known better but don't you think it stinks to high heaven ? :sherlock:

Totally agree! the papers were also trying to make out as if Ferguson and Mcgregor were giving a ''V'' sign to the nation and burley. typical in this country! Brown left 20 mins before they did yet hardly a word is said!

i couldnt agree more, iam sure it was innocent enough with the v sign

and iam sure the sun and record waited all match to get the pictures.

and of course nothin is gonne be said about brown remember he's the golden child and the player of the year in everyones eyes!!! (except ours)

Guest Andypendek

:lol: next time you are in trouble with your boss, sit at the next meeting with your fingers like that and see what gets said.

Ha! My boss avoids me like the plague, owing to the fact that I know both my job and my rights backwards, and my habit of loudly complaining about the exploitation of workers in his shabby outfit. If he had any balls he'd take me on. I think, if I gave him the two fingers, he'd think he got off lightly that day.

I am a colossal pain the arse, but it gets me through the day.

what is this us crap i would'nt open my curtains to watch Scotland and who the fuck is the tartan army they can go and fudge themselves. George Burley is a drunk fact and why would you let your team go and drink at 4am in the morninig after a game digrace. Time to get rid of players like that as well.

Guest Andypendek

What an interesting post. Tell us more, in your own inimitable style. Nah, fuck it, I'm drunk and I'm going to teach you whether you like it or not.

what is this us crap i would'nt open my curtains to watch Scotland and who the fuck is the tartan army they can go and fudge themselves. George Burley is a drunk fact and why would you let your team go and drink at 4am in the morninig after a game digrace. Time to get rid of players like that as well.

Alright. Settle down, class. Firstly, capital letter at 'What.' It is a new sentence, after all. The misplaced apostrophe in 'wouldn't' we can safely ascribe to the excitement of your virgin post. Stickers for accuracy would probably agree with your use of 'is' when referring to the TA, as it is a body rather than a group of individuals, but as a comitted Anarchist I take the opposite view and would prefer the use of 'are.' 'Fudge?' I feel 'fuck' would have been more effective. Comma after drunk, and given that you are making an emphatic statement a full stop after that word would lend yet more gravitas to the point: a short, sharp attack on the national team manager's bevvy status. It was a rough morning, but that's no excuse to add an extra 'i' to the word; don't blame the messenger. Question mark missing after 'game' and disgrace has an 'S' in it.

I salute your final sentence, a masterpiece of construction John Donne would have been proud of, although a comma after 'that' would not have gone amiss.

Ha! My boss avoids me like the plague, owing to the fact that I know both my job and my rights backwards, and my habit of loudly complaining about the exploitation of workers in his shabby outfit. If he had any balls he'd take me on. I think, if I gave him the two fingers, he'd think he got off lightly that day.

I am a colossal pain the arse, but it gets me through the day.

Is that you Barry?

Guest Andypendek

So, to whom would you award the golden armband? McGregor seems out, no-one cept me likes Kirk, Sasa is not a skipper, if you offer it to Davie he'll keel over with the excitement, Madjid is 3/4 of a season into his Rangers career, as is Pedro, Steven Davis is the epitome of insonsistency and too quiet anyway, Lee? Kenny? Boydy? Flecky? Loy'y?