Ferguson and McGregor dismissed from training

skins

Although I don't agree with the way this affair has been handled (mainly because there has been no parity in the punishment and some "witches" got off free and clear), I do think Weir as captain is a good move.

As for the the vicky gestures, for me they are non-events. The antics of the gutter press don't exactly inspire respect, do they?

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your problem, m8?

you questioning peoples "morals"....

I shouldn't?

Not based on your post ...no....

Explain.

i think i have....you're not in a position to questions his morals.....

Oh? So basically your reason that I shouldn't question his morals is in fact I'm not in a position to?

Despite seeing the same evidence the rest of us have?

So him grinning and talking during a minute's silence is not for me to question? Him shagging around with everyone is quite acceptable when he's supposed to be in a relationship? Him throwing the fingers up to the world on Saturday is immune to my comments?

Why am I not in a position to judge?

Let he without sin cast the first stone danny......and if you haven't done two of the above you must have led a very sheltered life...... :pipe:

I guess i won't see you in hell....... :(

I hope this does not come back to bite us.

I think we all agree that the pair let everyone down with their stupidity but at the end of the day we need to win the title not just for the glory but because the champions league place is massive for the future of the club as we know it.

Ferguson is still one of the few class players we have and replacing him in midfield with McCulloch, Dailly and the out of his depth Edu will be costly. The only sensible option is to move Davis into the centre or bring back the banished Hemdani and I do not see Walter doing that.

McGregor is a top class keeper while Alexander has some basic flaws which will be costly at the cutting edge of the season.

The reaction by the club, whether right or wrong, has further decreased any transfer fee we could get for these two.

What surprises and annoys me is that we have gone against all our tradition and washed our dirty linen in the most public way, and smacks to me of our club licking the shoes of the SFA and, in particular, Peat whose reputation is more than dubious.

Who was it scored against Hamilton in our last away game again? Barry Ferguson wasn't it? Alexander as good as McGregor is he? Well wouldn't he be getting a game then?

Dropping your captain is ripples in the pond. Players who are loyal and friends to Ferguson aren't going to go 'brilliant move Walter! What a way to instill some team harmony by disgracing them again in public after they apologised! Let's go play that scintilating football you have been plannng!'

BARRY FERGUSON has been deposed as Rangers captain and sent home from training today along with goalkeeper Allan McGregor in lieu of their actions at Scotland's World Cup qualifier with Iceland on Wednesday.

Manager Walter Smith has revealed that the two players will return to Murray Park later today when they will meet Chief Executive Martin Bain and learn their fate.

Following this meeting Rangers will release a statement. However, Smith has made it plain that the club is very unhappy with the players' behaviour and has revealed that they will not play at Falkirk.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1611143,00.html

Every single player at Ibrox now knows that any behaviour that brings the name of Rangers into disrepute will not be tolerated.

I fully expect to see a group of players giving 110% until the end of the season on the back of this and I include Boyd in that. This will separate those who want a future at this club from those who are happy to drift along.

I totally agree Jake - this could be the spur we need to win the league this season.

I think we all agree that the pair let everyone down with their stupidity but at the end of the day we need to win the title not just for the glory but because the champions league place is massive for the future of the club as we know it.

Ferguson is still one of the few class players we have and replacing him in midfield with McCulloch, Dailly and the out of his depth Edu will be costly. The only sensible option is to move Davis into the centre or bring back the banished Hemdani and I do not see Walter doing that.

McGregor is a top class keeper while Alexander has some basic flaws which will be costly at the cutting edge of the season.

The reaction by the club, whether right or wrong, has further decreased any transfer fee we could get for these two.

What surprises and annoys me is that we have gone against all our tradition and washed our dirty linen in the most public way, and smacks to me of our club licking the shoes of the SFA and, in particular, Peat whose reputation is more than dubious.

Ferguson has barely kicked a ball all season and McGregor has cost us goals.

Who was it scored against Hamilton in our last away game again? Barry Ferguson wasn't it? Alexander as good as McGregor is he? Well wouldn't he be getting a game then?

Dropping your captain is ripples in the pond. Players who are loyal and friends to Ferguson aren't going to go 'brilliant move Walter! What a way to instill some team harmony by disgracing them again in public after they apologised! Let's go play that scintilating football you have been plannng!'

Oh i know Ferguson scored against Barca/Hamilton.....he's pish and we were a better side prior to him coming back.

McGregor could be a miss but people have to be told that if they break the rules they will be punished..Ferguson has got away with it for 10 years and now his time has come.....fuck him

BARRY FERGUSON has been deposed as Rangers captain and sent home from training today along with goalkeeper Allan McGregor in lieu of their actions at Scotland's World Cup qualifier with Iceland on Wednesday.

Manager Walter Smith has revealed that the two players will return to Murray Park later today when they will meet Chief Executive Martin Bain and learn their fate.

Following this meeting Rangers will release a statement. However, Smith has made it plain that the club is very unhappy with the players' behaviour and has revealed that they will not play at Falkirk.

FFS this is from the official site...what clown wrote this....

And all of these folk going on about Edu stepping in to fill Ferguson's boots I say this; Get real. Walter would rather play Lee McCulloch at DMC than Edu, that is how much Edu is rated.

I can't wait until Walter is sacked. I can barely remember the last Rangers game or performance I actually enjoyed watching.

Barry's mates havent been playing lately anyway. (Boyd and McCulloch) and if you add McGregor too then they arent in the team.

And as I said you should have a go at the players not Smith.

The gestures they made on Wednesday were after they had sincerely :rolleyes: apologised. Who has disgraced who in public??

GO ON WALTER....Barry and Shagger made me sick this week

- Drinking in the same week you have 3 games in 8 days

- V signs made towards the press, instead of holding your hands up and saying "aye, I did wrong" but im gonna work for you I wont let you down again, with his actions it showed the world how dare you drop me, toys out of the pram and it was disgusting because even though this happened with the Scotland team the name Rangers dragged through the mud. Its unforgiveable!! Its not the Rangers way or the act of a Rangers captain in my eyes

- Saying I want to silence critics, then giving them ammo like this then not being able to take it when the press rightly report his story..

- the lack of respect he seems to have for authority in PLG and now Burley, ok Burley is a wank but if you play for him he deserves respect.

- Refusing to warm up with the substitures when dropped when Scotland faced Iceland....your not bigger than Rangers your not bigger than Scotland in fact ur not bigger than most people you boarderline dwarf!!

Advocaat you still want him take him 2mill and hes yours. I was up until this week Barrys biggest fan I though this was a dip in form but now he can GTF, I dont want to see him in Rangers or Scotland colours any more. Walter Smith thankyou for doing the morally right thing and lets get working to bring thiis title home!!!!

ps dont give weir the armband, give it davis ffs

Ferguson has barely kicked a ball all season amd McGregor has cost us goals.

I think he's saved more goals than he has cost us, but anyway...

Who was it who mistimed a piss-easy tackle to let Hearts score a few weeks ago ?

Well done Walter, i've been calling him all sorts this season but in this decision he's made the right one for the good of the club - not just this season but the future as well.

We cant afford to see Ferguson and McGregor creating a situation where this sort of behaviour is seen as acceptable for the youngsters at the club like Gazza had with Charlie Miller etc

FFS this is from the official site...what clown wrote this....

What is wrong with that? The same headline was in The Herald.

Oh i know Ferguson scored against Barca/Hamilton.....he's pish and we were a better side prior to him coming back.

McGregor could be a miss but people have to be told that if they break the rules they will be punished..Ferguson has got away with it for 10 years and now his time has come.....fuck him

But you've got to remember that Thomson wasn't injured then, and he made us tick.

And all of these folk going on about Edu stepping in to fill Ferguson's boots I say this; Get real. Walter would rather play Lee McCulloch at DMC than Edu, that is how much Edu is rated.

I can't wait until Walter is sacked. I can barely remember the last Rangers game or performance I actually enjoyed watching.

Smith has quite rightly punished them both for disgraceful behaviour.

Alexander did well in the run in last year. We may not have won but I don't think it was down to poor goalkeeping. As for Edu out of his depth, he hasn't exactly been given much opportunity but the games I've seen him in he's been solid and given Mendes a lot more opportunity to get forward whereas Ferguson just gets in his way.

Quick question in general. If we pull Davis into the middle do we have anyone else who cancan do a decent job on the right?