McCulloch

What does McCulloch actually bring to the team? Aerial ability perhaps? Why did we need that against a Falkirk team who play their football on the ground? He was annonymous yesterday, and I can't figure out what Smith sees in him. Our midfield suffered from a lack of mobility and he didn't help imo. Does anyone think he's better than Edu in that defensive midfield role?

What does McCulloch actually bring to the team? Aerial ability perhaps? Why did we need that against a Falkirk team who play their football on the ground? He was annonymous yesterday, and I can't figure out what Smith sees in him. Our midfield suffered from a lack of mobility and he didn't help imo. Does anyone think he's better than Edu in that defensive midfield role?

I think it was in case Alexander got injured. Who else would we play in goal next ffs ? :angry:

I think it was in case Alexander got injured. Who else would we play in goal next ffs ? :angry:

I would re-sign Graham Roberts for back-up goalie tbh (tu)

To be fair to the guy, he didnt do anything wrong, and we won. If that continues, i have no issues with it.

In the long term, no, he isnt a better option, however, in the short term (and this actually goes for all the players in the team), we have had no consistency of selection, and, no settled side. Getting new players to blend in to the team, when, perhaps their understanding of their team mates isnt up to speed (regardless of talent), is another risk/issue for us, and, we are not in a position to take any chances

If he was to start next season as first pick over him, I would be hugely disappointed

Meh.

I liked him when Rangers first bought him. He battled, used his strength etc. Now though, i think he's just another OAP at rangers eating into our biscuit tin.

We really need to move him on.

As for yesterday, i...I'm glad he got injured. That may sound harsh, but i hope it lets Edu play the rest of the season. I really like the lad, and he's meant to be really good.

No, he doesn't possess anywhere near enough of the attributes required to be an effective defensive midfielder.

He doesn't read the game very well, his passing is rank rotten, he's actually pretty poor in the air and he gives away about 5 or 6 needless fouls per game.

Yesterday, he was constantly so far away from Arfield and Cregg that they had about 10 minutes to pick a pass. Granted, they didn't punish us but he offered very little by way of defending, and the square root of fuck all going forward.

So to answer that, Edu is a far better option. Hopefully he can seize his chance on Wednesday.

To be fair to the guy, he didnt do anything wrong, and we won. If that continues, i have no issues with it.

In the long term, no, he isnt a better option, however, in the short term (and this actually goes for all the players in the team), we have had no consistency of selection, and, no settled side. Getting new players to blend in to the team, when, perhaps their understanding of their team mates isnt up to speed (regardless of talent), is another risk/issue for us, and, we are not in a position to take any chances

If he was to start next season as first pick over him, I would be hugely disappointed

Well yeah obviously we got away with it cos we won, but imo he hampered our cause yesterday.

He won the ball and broke up numerous attacks don't you know ;)

He's a waste of space who should be nowhere near that position. Maurice Edu did more in the 15 minutes he was on the park that McCulloch did for the 75 he was on for.

While McCulloch was far from impressive yesterday, the same could be said for most of his team-mates. I'd much rather see Edu in there too, with McCulloch on the bench, and I think that's the way it'll be until Ferguson is available(if ever!).

If McCulloch has aggravated the calf injury he suffered from earlier in the season we probably won't see him again anyway.

He's a waste of space who should be nowhere near that position. Maurice Edu did more in the 15 minutes he was on the park that McCulloch did for the 75 he was on for.

That is true, then again, The LM/Edu comparison also works with the 3 other midfielders and Edu on Sunday, as, the lad was better than them all. LM was also not the worst of the 4. He did generally as much as Hemdani used to do (edit - in SPL games)

That is true, then again, The LM/Edu comparison also works with the 3 other midfielders and Edu on Sunday, as, the lad was better than them all. LM was also not the worst of the 4. He did generally as much as Hemdani used to do (edit - in SPL games)

Hemdani was always a far better player for us than McCulloch, even in SPl games.

Hemdani was always a far better player for us than McCulloch, even in SPl games.

In SPL games?? Not most of the ones I ever saw. As a sweeper type in a more continental type game, when he had time on the ball, he was (as a rule) very good, in the SPL, not. Over the piece, BH will have contributed more, but, I am more than happy with him out of the side, then again, this is not about him. LM was better than both Davis and Mendes on Sunday, which in itself is very sad

Mendes and Davis were horrific, I tore into them yesterday just like I have been doing for the last 3-4 weeks.

Mendes set up the first goal and nearly set up two others - Novo let him down. Other than that he was poor but streets ahead of Davis who was dire. Never seen Davis play so badly and that is saying something as he has been poor recently.

he fitted the wally criteria

namely age.

remember dailly was on the bench,and he brought him on a few weeks ago..i really thought he was going to do it again.

and i think he will play dailly from the start of the next game before edu.

he had the ideal chance when LM was injured to move Davis in one and play aaron out right,and at least try to look positive..it was the bottom club in the league we were playing..goals are as good as another point.

but old wally prefers to just hang on

Edu was lively yesterday, unfortunately at the time he came on our chief tactic was to lump the ball anywhere with little or no constructive play at all, this is not what players like Davis (playing out of position as usual) and Mendes are made for. McCulloch, dailly etc are made for that pish. Walter is a fucking joke of a manager, our football is shocking, creative players are stifled, horses arses like Lee and Dailly get numerous chances yet, Furman, Edu, Aaron, etc struggle to get a game or get loaned out to be sold at a later date. Shocking, if Walter is still here next season, players like Edu, Aaron would be better off else where.

Skeletor brings nothing to the team, he is a man short, his career is basically over, what has he done to deserve to play for us? Absolutely nothing.

Paying over £2m was yet another mistake by the gaffer.

I would much rather have Edu or Davis in the middle, if the boss doesnt want to play either of them, then what is Murray Park for? Get a young hungry kid in, surely there are no youngsters who pass as bad as Big Lee or foul as much as him, hes taking a place in the squad he doesnt deserve.

Right enough he is Barrys pal!

Hopefully Barrys wee clique is broken up in the summer and Lee will be away. Heres hoping.

One thing is for sure, we dont need him, not at all.

The fact Lee McCulloch gets on ahead of Maurice Edu and Steven Davis in his natural position astonishes me. One thing is for sure if he was not Walter's pal then he would be playing reserve football week in week out.

The sooner this donkey leaves the better. A waste of a jersey and a waste of £2.25m.