Left Back

mac444

• 3 weeks later...
Joe Mattock,18 years old from Leceister,he can do a very good job.And you can have him for about 3-4mil.

I signed him for West Brom for peanuts and sold him to Madrid a year later for £20m. (tu)

If you have argentina loaded have a look for Aureliano Torres, my favourite cheapish left-back at the start of the game.

that cunts amazing :|

That he is, still cant remember if its Paraguay or Argentina you need to load for him though...

This is him after playing like 6 matches for Bologna, got him for 500k (although i could have got him for less), only wanted 5 grand wages p/w as well. Goes down to league one level and will go to pretty much any top european league. Fucking brilliant buy. (tu) Work permit is never a problem as he has EU second nationality.

torres.jpg

Cristián Zapata would be good at LB/CD/RB/DM, he took a while to get going but the mans a beast now, nothing gets past him. at the start of the game you could try getting him for £2/4m but on second season i think you may have to pay £7.5/£8.5m

[edit]

Sorry lads not sure how Zapata will be in Football Manager I thought this bit was for Fifa Manager :)

• 2 months later...
If you have argentina loaded have a look for Aureliano Torres, my favourite cheapish left-back at the start of the game.

That he is, still cant remember if its Paraguay or Argentina you need to load for him though...

This is him after playing like 6 matches for Bologna, got him for 500k (although i could have got him for less), only wanted 5 grand wages p/w as well. Goes down to league one level and will go to pretty much any top european league. Fucking brilliant buy. (tu) Work permit is never a problem as he has EU second nationality.

torres.jpg

He looks pish, would never buy him. Not with a positioning of 13 or Anticipation of 12, tackling of 13. I'd have to have a left back of nearer 15's in those attributes as well as others..

Guest SandyWaTp

torres.jpg

He looks pish, would never buy him. Not with a positioning of 13 or Anticipation of 12, tackling of 13. I'd have to have a left back of nearer 15's in those attributes as well as others..

Poor aggression and natural fitness as well. He would lose a lot of 50-50's and would be knackered after every game.

Left backs in FM are like right wingers: there's not an abundance of quality ones!

Jeremy Mathieu is a good shout for teams that are last 16 champions league exit quality if you get him early and cheap; Vargas is probably one of the best left mids in the game for his crossing if you retrain him there, but doesn't have amazing defensive abilities, same with Guardado and Zhirkov; and Filipe, despite being a complete bargain at 5mil or so, can suffer from average automated stats sometimes.

Wish there were more Ashley Coles!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Sasa Papac. but if you cant afford him, theres a brazillian called gabriel silva who plays for palmeiras, had him for the gers before and managed to make a 13 million profit on him, nae bad for a left back in the spl.

(tu)

Became a wonderkid in my game. Signed for £3.8m in January first season.