Your favourite side...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said mainland of this continent but meh, none compare too...

arsenal, simply because of Arsene Wenger, fantastic footballing knowledge of the game, and his willingness to stake his career on young stars draws me to them, they play beautiful football too....

If walter could only take a page out his book on football knowledge.

Don't have a favourite side outwith Rangers. I enjoy watching any team, in any league outwith this mainland but I don't care about any of them, I hate some, more than others.

Feyenoord and Porto saviours of the beautiful game ! :sherlock:

Feyenoord wave Palestinian flags at their games....we all know the other club that like to do this, don't we? ;)

Constantly singing songs about burning jews as well. Horrible lot

What is everyones favourite side, on the mainland of this continent? Am interested to see where peoples loyalties lie.

Personally my favourite team outside of Britain is Paris SG, a team with fantastic history, one of the nicest kits in the world, and deserve sucess considering the size of the city they come from

Hrmm would have to disagree with a fantastic history. Only really formed in 1970 after the merger. In that sense you can compare their history with ICT!!

I agree with you about their kit though, very nice.

Always had a soft spot for Barca.... love the way they play the game - love the city itself - was over as a guest of some folk we do business with there for Barca/Liverpool game few years back and the Barca fans I met were brand new. So, they are the main team that I like on continent.

I like Spanish football generally - went to the Seville/Espanyol final in Glasgow with my son and it was fantastic - both sets of fans were brilliant - in train we were with Espanyol fans who got my son to lead their chants on a big drum - then in ground we were in with Seville fans - and then the game itself was pure magic - extra time and penalties etc - was a shame there had to be a loser in a way because both teams and both sets of fans were superb. Anyway, now like Seville/Espanyol too but Barca more than either of them.

Always quite liked AC Milan too.

And in England I was always pretty neutral but in recent years I have come round to Arsenal. I like the way they play - almost Spanish with all the one touch passing etc - but in truth the main thing that brought me into the Arsenal camp was my son - he has somehow become quite the wee Arsenal fan (after Gers of course) and I have kind of taken his lead and now am less of a neutral and more of an Arsenal supporter than before.

All you Juve fans hand your head in shame. All you Milan fans hang your head in shame. I used to like Milan before I started to go over to Italy 15 years ago, they are the scourge of Italy and as for Juve, if you can think of the fanbase of Juve like the fanbase of Man Utd, no-one from Torino actually supports them, they all support Torino.

It always amuses me when I read posts like this because I love Europe and Europeans so much. When I talk Rangers in Verona its amazing how quickly the Verona fans take to the politics of Rangers, the history of Rangers, the fans of Rangers. Took a couple of Veronese to Ibrox two months ago for the tour, they couldnt believe the tour and the stadium, said it even outdid Barca for the history and the vice inside the stadium.

Have heard stories of sellik fans through the years trying to get into the Bentegodi stadium and being refused entry if wearing colours, though there is one of the green and grey variety in the official history of the ultras book, standing there looking like John Aldridge in the mid eighties, calm down, calm down.

Was at the Fiorentina Everton game last season in the uEFA cup in the Fiorentina end of course, turned around and theres a guy with a sellik hat on. FFS ! Had a word with some guys and gave him a lecture in sellik politics, he just threw the thing away. You see, that if you bark loud enough people will listen and this is what ra sellik do.