Maurice Edu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu for me also. They had a lot of the possession but never got near our defence because of him. A very good DM performance, and good going forward - nearly scoring a screamer.

For me he was man of the match, although Davis deserves due credit for his 2nd half performance in the middle which was his best performance in a while I think. Think we may even have a pretty good partnership there if Mendes is out. The way Edu was tracking back, nicking the ball of the toes of players, winning lots of tackles and closing players down was what you want to see in a central midfielder.

Im not going overboard about him, I dont feel he is any more than a good player, but what he is offering is tenfold more than what Ferguson has been contributing. He can get better, and Im sure he will. Davis or Boogie for me.

Edu was my man of the match 2day. I actually wasn't really impressed with Davis today! Credit his involvement in the first goal was impressive. However, I think he is starting to look disinterested and a bit lazy when he is played out on the right. To be fair he did look better when he played in the middle once Mendes went off. Edu was everywhere today tho! Strong in the tackle and kept things simple. His confidence looked high aswell, even having a couple of pops at goal towards the end of the game.

I felt Bougherra was our man of the match. Dealt with everything superbly and looked calm and composed throughout, although i will give Edu his credit for the defensive display he put in.