I don't want Walter Smith

as manager next season even if we win the league this season. Im just getting sick of him playing players out of position and generally not showing enough savvy. For us to play like that against a team who havent won at Ibrox in what 15 years? and with what is at stake. Ive had enough!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as manager next season even if we win the league this season. Im just getting sick of him playing players out of position and generally not showing enough savvy. For us to play like that against a team who havent won at Ibrox in what 15 years? and with what is at stake. Ive had enough!!

:clap::clap: SMITH = :wanker:

Do you think Ally would have different ideas or is he already doomed with Smiths mentality?

I think the personal abuse it out of line - because he IS a Rangers legend and deserves respect. Remember where we were before he arrived? He's done a decent job but...

I agree he should go whatever happens.

Simply too defensive and its cost us on numerous occasions. Saved us a few times as well (e.g. UEFA run), but overall his approach is infuriating and has done more harm than good

I think he will be gone at the end of the season

We win the league, he leaves (possibly upstairs) & SuperSwally takes his place, we lose the league, he leaves & his coaches etc leave with him.

Either way, it will be a new manager next season ... i beleive.

I think the personal abuse it out of line - because he IS a Rangers legend and deserves respect. Remember where we were before he arrived? He's done a decent job but...

I agree he should go whatever happens.

Simply too defensive and its cost us on numerous occasions. Saved us a few times as well (e.g. UEFA run), but overall his approach is infuriating and has done more harm than good

:clap:

I would like to see him move on for the simple reason that his philosophy doesn't really suit a club who are regarded as one of the leagues strongest clubs.

If he went South and managed a mid table team like Wigan or Blackburn then he would be recieving stacks of praise because he is capable of grinding out results by making his teams hard to beat.

At a club where challenging for honours is a must you simply have to offer more than that, and he doesn't.

Do you think Ally would have different ideas or is he already doomed with Smiths mentality?

Naw!!!

I would like to see him move on for the simple reason that his philosophy doesn't really suit a club who are regarded as one of the leagues strongest clubs.

If he went South and managed a mid table team like Wigan or Blackburn then he would be recieving stacks of praise because he is capable of grinding out results by making his teams hard to beat.

At a club where challenging for honours is a must you simply have to offer more than that, and he doesn't.

Spot on DBBTB, i think after the Everton adventure, he has become more scared to lose than wanting to win.

Unfortunately, that is not good enough for Rangers and certainly not good enough when we are staring down the barrel of the filth achieving 4 in a row :(

In bygone days i've sat in a forlorn manner, watching our side get decimated by dross like Ivan Sproule. I've sat in the main stand as a piss poor Greek side curtail our Champions League (nope, UEFA Cup) ambitions and i've seen us toil against semipro dross from Lithuania. Today though, was the nearest i've ever came to walking out of a game before half time.

The Rangers management team of today, they disgust me and i'm finding it a chore to lend them my support.

A cowardly, fearful, unambitious, unwitting performance of the highest order. The team were sent out there to clearly contain and scrape by Aberdeen (a side who were ragged with injury), rather than actually do what we needed to do and put a sizeable amount of goals past them. Smith wanted to avoid being disrespectful to Aberdeen, but he's ended up being far too respectful, an even bigger crime.

Rather than go for it and win the league on our own backs, we're now once again left in limbo, waiting like vultures for the tarriers to slip up. It's tragic and a game plan that repulses me. We dont deserve the footballing philosophies that Smith inflicts on us.