***The Confederations Cup Official thread***- Sunday's below 19:30

Boab

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (:sleep1: @ Jun 15 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward to seeing Brazil, not seen them play in a while.

P.S. Who is Felipe Melo? Any good?

You must have seen him He's at Fiorentina, he's a defensive mid with a bit of bite (tu)

Can't say I have, never seen much Italian football last season.

Are these stadiums going to be used during the World Cup next year? Or are they still going to be updated?

Don't seem very atmospheric to me. I know it's only the Confedarations Cup but the stadiums seems pretty packed but hardly any atmosphere, like '02 and '06!

I also hate those bloody hooters things! :angry:

Are these stadiums going to be used during the World Cup next year? Or are they still going to be updated?

Don't seem very atmospheric to me. I know it's only the Confedarations Cup but the stadiums seems pretty packed but hardly any atmosphere, like '02 and '06!

Some are still getting built, think this one is getting used though :unsure:

Totally agree with those bloody hooters, but i think if they didn't hand them out the stadium would be like a morque. They really are struggling to full these stadiums which is surprising.

QUOTE (:sleep1: @ Jun 15 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally agree with those bloody hooters, but i think if they didn't hand them out the stadium would be like a morque. They really are struggling to full these stadiums which is surprising.

The pitch is really poor aswell, it seems really heavy and ball is holding up. The South African FA have ALOT of work to do before next year.

QUOTE (:sleep1: @ Jun 15 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward to seeing Brazil, not seen them play in a while.

P.S. Who is Felipe Melo? Any good?

You must have seen him He's at Fiorentina, he's a defensive mid with a bit of bite (tu)

Cracking player. Been linked with Inter recently, but wants to commit his future to La Viola.

QUOTE (:sleep1: @ Jun 15 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the Stadium that S/a and Spain played in yesterday is being used for the Final next year im sure i heard them say that last night.

they are struggling to fill the stadiums as the tickets are priced at roughly £10.50 a ticket which seems very cheap to us but for South Africas freindlies etc the average cost is £2.70, people cant afford to buy the tickets, im sure it said they were even letting people in for free they were struggling so badly.

the Stadium that S/a and Spain played in yesterday is being used for the Final next year im sure i heard them say that last night.

they are struggling to fill the stadiums as the tickets are priced at roughly £10.50 a ticket which seems very cheap to us but for South Africas freindlies etc the average cost is £2.70, people cant afford to buy the tickets, im sure it said they were even letting people in for free they were struggling so badly.

The thing is South Africa knew all this before they bid for the World cup, I dare say they could have went down the route of the Beijing Olympics to fill these stadiums. It's not like they would lose out, plus as outsiders looking in we wouldn't be thinking oh they are struggling.

QUOTE (:sleep1: @ Jun 15 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thing is South Africa knew all this before they bid for the World cup, I dare say they could have went down the route of the Beijing Olympics to fill these stadiums. It's not like they would lose out, plus as outsiders looking in we wouldn't be thinking oh they are struggling.

Sub-machine guns + soldiers + slums = full stadium?

Im sure thats the Chinese method. :craphead: