***The Confederations Cup Official thread***- Sunday's below 19:30

Boab

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain's unbeaten run is absolutely incredible. Also, did the commentator say they haven't conceded a goal in 23 games?

I think it was that they haven't conceeded more than 1 goal in a game for 23 games, but I can't be sure.

Havent conceded more than 1 goal in 25 games..... Now 26

Spain will probably get papped out of the World Cup at the group stages.

I very much doubt that

same :craphead: no way. I reckon Spain will win the world cup

I say that because recently the best teams have tended to go to The World Cup and underachieve.

Cast your mind back to 2002, France and Argentina were considered as the best two teams on the planet and they both crashed out at the group stage.

In 2006 Brazil and Argentina were the "favourites" and they too underachieved.

As Kerzzo says, Spain have a real belief about them to go with their talent and that is setting them apart from the others at the moment, but it's far too soon to be predicting them as World Cup winners.

Spain will probably get papped out of the World Cup at the group stages.

I very much doubt that

same :craphead: no way. I reckon Spain will win the world cup

I say that because recently the best teams have tended to go to The World Cup and underachieve.

Cast your mind back to 2002, France and Argentina were considered as the best two teams on the planet and they both crashed out at the group stage.

In 2006 Brazil and Argentina were the "favourites" and they too underachieved.

As Kerzzo says, Spain have a real belief about them to go with their talent and that is setting them apart from the others at the moment, but it's far too soon to be predicting them as World Cup winners.

I might put a bet on that. :craphead:

Although I think that Spain are cracking I think with the right tactic they could be contained and we've seen some good teams kept out by shite teams with last ditch defending.

Teams:

Brazil: Julio Cesar, Dani Alves, Lucio, Juan, Kleber, Felipe Melo, Elano, Silva, Kaka, Luis Fabiano, Robinho.

Subs: Gomes,Maicon,Luisao,Miranda,Andre Santos,Ramires,Julio Baptista, Josue, Kleberson,Alexandre Pato,Nilmar,Victor.

Egypt: El Hadari, Gomaa, Moawad, Said Ahmed, Said, Fathi, Abd Rabou, Shawky, Hassan, Aboutreika, Zidan.

Subs: El Sayed,Abdel-Ghani, Eid,El Mohamady,Farag,Raouf, Fathallah, Homos, Khairy, Tawfik, Abu Greisha, Sobhy.

felipe is he not a left full back or something :unsure:

Edit: after see-ing the line-ups there i assume thats the def mid that T.vickery keeps mentioning in his blogs about the defensive players that dunga tries to blood into the team