Etien Velikonja

Muff

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the current financial situation this is the type of bargain we should be looking for. I don't want to see us buying anymore 'solid' players like Lee McCulloch. :anguish:

Solid players - Im getting this funny feeling we are going to see gary teale on the park next season

He looks a very decent player and the goal against England was a sublime finish.

This is defo the kind of players we should be looking at and hopefully picking them up cheap b4 bigger clubs pick them up and they go out of our price range.

Ewan Chester should watch his back...a good shout Muff. (tu)

This is the type of player we should be looking to sign under £1mill is a steal. He looks a quality player but i fear if Rangers signed him he would be a regular for the reserves due to Smith never wanting to play youngsters.

do you think WS looks in here? This boy looks the business and if he's brave enough to come to Scotland (would prob see it as stepping stone to EPL) then get him signed Walter! I'm fed up of the defeatist attitude of the management team, signing players like McCulloch for £2.5m just becuase the guy can hold his own is terrible business. Lets try to find some real flare and talent to add to our team and if some of them become commercial signings so be it and if some flop then so be it but surely 2 or three of these young players would be better then a couple o seasons out o an old Scotland international!!?? :praise:

This is the type of player we should be in the market for, he caused England u21 all kinds of problems with his pace and movement. He also has a eye for goal where England U21 found out.

I'd say he's more like a young Peter Lovenkrands when he was playing upfront (tu)

Why dont we just get rid of Ewan Chester for god sake. These are the types of buys we should be going for. Young guys with potential on the cheap. Even if he turns out to be crap then is would only be a small amount we have lost. On the flip side if it works out we could make a good profit. Much better than the 30 something crap heaps we look for.

Good suggestion.

We should be looking toward Eastern european, and getting young players on the cheap. Sadly our scouting system doesn't seem to exist outside Scotland and Northern Ireland

And France!

That's about it....

Sounds not a bad player but he plays in Slovenia :S Who honestly knows how good the Slovenian league or even this player is?? No point in taking a gamble for this player if we dont really know how good he is!

I would rather spend money on quality too, but we can't afford to. So if it means either raiding the SPL/Scottish/N. Irish players etc, I'd rather see us look to the continent.

same here, especially when you see the silly prices some spl clubs want for their players. There are bargains to be found in europe. Blackburn got morten gamst pedersen for £1.5m ffs. Even though we all hate the guy, Boruc only cost celtic something like £600k which was a bargain. Hes not worth half of what the tims claim he is but even if he was sold for £3-4m it would be a massive profit. Of course for every good player there are some pish ones but i would rather take a risk on a young talented player than buy some of the average spl players we have been linked with. We need a new striker this summer, not sure we can afford another one for the future, we really need an experienced striker for the champions league. I cant see boyd scoring against the likes of man utd real madrid etc.

I agree with you guys, Walter baffles me with his signing policies. How the likes of Adam, Dailly, McCullcoh get games is beyond me and why we paid £2.5m for McCulloch beggars belief. Aaron should've got a chance with a run of games, Alan Gow has never been given a chance and this guy Muff's mentioned looks quality but will Walter play him even if we did get him? doubt it. We need players like this - players who'll light up Ibrox as we don't have many match winners at Rangers and there's not many actual really good technical players. We need more flair another baffling one was when Walter got rid of Buffel? and bought McCulloch!

• 4 weeks later...

Only a matter of time before he is snapped up!

I never saw the article, do you know if it's online?

Good to see others rate him; give me a scouting job :D

It was in the European section of the pullout.

Only five or six lines, talking about Velikonja and the other amazing young lads they've got in 1. Liga just now.

Funny you should ask for a job - I'm speaking to Gavin Hamilton just now about a bit of work experience with WSM, and the ex-head of Setanta's coverage (now working with L107 radio) got in touch with me today about covering SPL matches next year.

Woohoo :D

It was in the European section of the pullout.

Only five or six lines, talking about Velikonja and the other amazing young lads they've got in 1. Liga just now.

Funny you should ask for a job - I'm speaking to Gavin Hamilton just now about a bit of work experience with WSM, and the ex-head of Setanta's coverage (now working with L107 radio) got in touch with me today about covering SPL matches next year.

Woohoo :D

I'll have a look at the arcticle mate, I'm pretty sure my brother bought World Soccer before we went on holiday.