Delay to the sale of Barry Feguson due to....

contacts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

source?

The OP is called contacts for a reason! :scot:

because he has poor eyesight?

most people couldn't wait to get shot of him at the end of the season, now they want the club to hold onto him to get an extra 100k, hes taking wages whilst we wait, best to get rid for 1million tbh, we may end up losing the deal entirely if we wait too long.

i would let him go for anything over 1m. If this one falss through it will cost us £1.5m to keep him for another year assuming he is on 30k a week. Just not the player to try and squeeze money out of clubs with. If it had been mendes or davis i may of tried the hardball tactic but not barry who has nothing more to offer us if he stays another season.

Contacts is barry ferguson and hence why he knows:)

source?

The OP is called contacts for a reason! :scot:

because he has poor eyesight?

most people couldn't wait to get shot of him at the end of the season, now they want the club to hold onto him to get an extra 100k, hes taking wages whilst we wait, best to get rid for 1million tbh, we may end up losing the deal entirely if we wait too long.

no

We'll be stuck with Ferguson for another season :anguish:

£1.5m is more than enough for a player who has 12 months left on his contract, reaching 32, injury prone, and not kicked a ball in over 20 months.

This WILL come back to bite us on the ass!

£1.5m is a great offer but we will play hardball and be stuck with Ferguson for another year which results in him leaving for fuck all!

This WILL come back to bite us on the ass!

£1.5m is a great offer but we will play hardball and be stuck with Ferguson for another year which results in him leaving for fuck all!

i expect nothing else from bain and murray

a joke partnership

i will be so upset if the crab doesnt leave

hes not good enough for us

holding teams to ransom is fine, if the player is good enough, but number 6 isnt, take what has been offered i say.

;)

Guest therabbitt

2 million for Ferguson is perhaps pushing our luck a little for the reasons Muff alluded to, but it is certainly attainable for Birmingham!

about time we tried to get as much as we can for our players. Far too many times we have let our players go on the cheap. Assuming walter will get to spend what we can get for ferguson with most of the CL money going to service the debt, the more money we get the better.

I'd take £1m for Fergie no doubt, fact is we don't need him anymore.

If we could offload some of the garbage at Rangers and generate some wages & funds. I'd like to see us try and offload:

McGregor (£3-4m)

Smith (Free)

Broadfoot (£500k)

McCulloch (£500k-750k)

Adam (£500k-750k)

Ferguson (£1m)

Velicka (£500k-750k) maybe use him in player exchange for Driver

I'd take £1m for Fergie no doubt, fact is we don't need him anymore.

If we could offload some of the garbage at Rangers and generate some wages & funds. I'd like to see us try and offload:

McGregor (£3-4m)

Smith (Free)

Broadfoot (£500k)

McCulloch (£500k-750k)

Adam (£500k-750k)

Ferguson (£1m)

Velicka (£500k-750k) maybe use him in player exchange for Driver

According to The Sun Hearts want £6million for Driver :lol:

Shagger going on his form in CL run id demand £6million

about time we tried to get as much as we can for our players. Far too many times we have let our players go on the cheap. Assuming walter will get to spend what we can get for ferguson with most of the CL money going to service the debt, the more money we get the better.

But then if we keep on asking for more they'll withdraw altogether and we'll get nothing. After all Birmingham seem to be the only ones interested.

rangers must ensure we get rid of mcculloch and adam before ferguson imo.

id hate to lose fergie if those other two "midfielders" stay

but im still in the fergie to go camp, just the lack of deadwood out and players in makes me sway towards keeping fergie as the lesser of two evils

To all the people talking about fear of backfire etc etc

THAT is the attitude that gets us bumped for players

Time we stood up for ourselves. Hate to say it but its what the scum do and they always get decent cash in

Show a little backbone and we WILL reap the rewards

Bow down like altar boys after mass wi Father O'Flanagan and we WILL regret it.

laudrup.averladze,numan we paid good money for them and we let them go for free,barry will be no different,we wont get anywhere near £2 million as rangers haven't the balls, because we are cheapskates our self just two seasons ago offering £200k for one of the best prospect in the spl in naisimth, think about it and ended up paying £2million for him

laudrup.averladze,numan we paid good money for them and we let them go for free,barry will be no different,we wont get anywhere near £2 million as rangers haven't the balls, because we are cheapskates our self just two seasons ago offering £200k for one of the best prospect in the spl in naisimth, think about it and ended up paying £2million for him

Good post

Yea I also think it's a dangerous game to be demanding £2 million. I was happy to get him of the wage bill and get £1 million for him. Anything else would have been a bonus, but I fear the transfer is going to fall through now.

what i can tell yous is barrys agent john viola is getting married in Dubai, i think it was this weekend and barry and eck will be there so maybe they can mustard up some plan to take him for £2million to help us out