***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

Boogies going nowhere.

i wish i shared your optimism

if he does go then we really need a very good replacement for him or 2 decent CBs signed with his fee as davie weir can only do so much in the spl, can you imagine kaka and ronaldo running at weir and webster in the CL.........

If only we had a manager who was good at spotting centre halves....... :(

Cant just keep hoping Walter will get lucky

Never mind trying to build a consistant partnership

Lucky.....better watch you don't give him any credit.....

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have to remember the debt problems, it needs cleared up. This will help. It's hard to accept it but it's the way the club finds itself in. So this most likely will happen.

Yes, but selling an asset worth about 10M in this market for only half that value cannot be condoned.

5 million is utter pish aswell. Any other club could realistically get double that for him

Exactly

Although it may be tempting, you do not get out of debt quickly by accepting the 1st bids you get for players.

5 million is utter pish aswell. Any other club could realistically get double that for him

Exactly

Although it may be tempting, you do not get out of debt quickly by accepting the 1st bids you get for players.

the club don't seem to realize that they can refuse an other it seems :(

Im trying to see it as a positive, because look what happened when we Sold Judas Cuellae last season.

We got Pedro, Davis, Edu and Boughy turned out to be a fine replacement.

Just trust Walter, he knows what he's doing.

You see, this is a perfect chance for me to tackle this myth.

Saving money - let's understand this phrase.

Saving money means getting £6m in transfer fees and saving the £25k a week wage.

It DOESN'T mean spending all the money we get from his sale and giving all his wage money to those players we buy.

Im trying to see it as a positive, because look what happened when we Sold Judas Cuellae last season.

Saving money means getting £6m in transfer fees and saving the £25k a week wage.

It DOESN'T mean spending all the money we get from his sale and giving all his wage money to those players we buy.

But Jamie didn't say anything about saving money.

But Jamie didn't say anything about saving money.

He's implying that we'll spend the potential Bougherra cash on more players.

I can't see that happening, at least not to the extent we did last year.

Im only trying to find a positive.

Doesn't seem to be working though, does it? :anguish:

People have to remember the debt problems, it needs cleared up. This will help. It's hard to accept it but it's the way the club finds itself in. So this most likely will happen.

Yes, but selling an asset worth about 10M in this market for only half that value cannot be condoned.

The problem is Danny club’s might not want to go to 10 million for him and we have to be realistic, club’s see him as a good player but a player plying his trade in the SPL. What club is going to offer 10 million for a player in the SPL? We have to be realistic. They might want to take the 5 million now because they might not get a better offer.

People should just be thankful because it could have been a lot worse. What if the title wasn’t won, inflated prices, no CL football, having to sell Bougherra, losing Boyd etc? But the selling of Bougherra is a debt sell. Instead the club is going into the new season with CL football, a real go at it and the knock out stages could be possible, more income.

murray and bain GTF right now. Its a complete lack of ambition like this that is the reason celtic have won more titles than us in the past few years. IF we do have to sell bougherra then we need to get top dollar for him. I never understand why a club in debt flogs players on the cheap. Surely if you are financial trouble you try to get as much money as possible? Cuellar went on the cheap but we should be looking for at least the same money for bougherra. I reckon we could get stranzl and tonel for a couple of million. If we sold bougherra for £10m+ and brought those 2 in and used the spare money to service the debt it would be a decent enough deal. £5m for bougherra is peanuts though.

I understand the debt has to be cleared but selling our most consistent player instead of getting rid of cack like rent-a-quote McCulloch is just infuriating. And this is the position we are in with Champions League football guaranteed. Very worrying :unsure: