This seasons title race

I think this year could be the lowest points tally for the winners for years.

Hearts have given Laslo money & he has made 6 signings some of whom are international players & they dont have to improve too much to cause hassle to us & them.

D.Utd under Levein always pull a rabbit or two out the hat with signings.

Hibs will be a better team under Yogi than Falkirk-Falkirk dont have the strikers-Hibs do-I can see them causing trouble & I know a few Hibbees who are starting going back to Easter Road bcos of Hughes & Ricey.

Aberdeen will probably do pretty well under McGhee-more money & better players than M,well.

Im not saying for a minute that a team apart from one from Glasgow will win the league, but there are so many of them playing the game better with passing & movement we will get MORE harder games this year.

I think that for a neutral this could be one of the tightest seasons for some time.

Opinions?????????

Hearts have given Laslo money & he has made 6 signings some of whom are international players & they dont have to improve too much to cause hassle to us & them.

Hibs will be a better team under Yogi than Falkirk-Falkirk dont have the strikers-Hibs do-I can see them causing trouble & I know a few Hibbees who are starting going back to Easter Road bcos of Hughes & Ricey.

Aberdeen will probably do pretty well under McGhee-more money & better players than M,well.

Im not saying for a minute that a team apart from one from Glasgow will win the league, but there are so many of them playing the game better with passing & movement we will get MORE harder games this year.

I think that for a neutral this could be one of the tightest seasons for some time.

Opinions?????????

The sheepshaggers are even more skint than us.

McGhee is relying on loans and bosmans and his number 1 target has demanded wages that are well above anything they can offer.

However I still think they will be a real bananna skin.

Opinions?????????

McGhee is relying on loans and bosmans and his number 1 target has demanded wages that are well above anything they can offer.

Was going to point that out they couldn't even afford Hughes

I actually think it will be between Falkirk and Hibs for relegation, feelings is more towards Falkirk between the two, I expect Hearts to be the biggest challenge this season, and see it being a top three, with Rangers on top, then Hearts and finally Celtic.

We might not have strengthened as is obvious, but the team have had the chance to gel better and develop as a team instead of more chopping and changing and that could be to our benefit.

Opinions?????????

Was going to point that out they couldn't even afford Hughes

Mcgee now has less of a transfer budget at Aberdeen than he would have at Motherwell….. :lol:

I actually think it will be between Falkirk and Hibs for relegation, feelings is more towards Falkirk between the two, I expect Hearts to be the biggest challenge this season, and see it being a top three, with Rangers on top, then Hearts and finally Celtic.

We might not have strengthened as is obvious, but the team have had the chance to gel better and develop as a team instead of more chopping and changing and that could be to our benefit.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me, but I don't think there is any danger of Hibs going down.

I think Hamilton are certs for the drop.

Cmon Bears.. this is the SPL and we are the famous Glasgow Rangers.

Our team -- while not adding new faces -- will be more settled than last year. Mendes is toughening up, Whitty coming on to his game, Boydy on form ,Boogie still here. 2 excellent Keepers. Davis will be (hopefully) in his proper position and the return of KT.

The league will be over by XMAS.

But I take your points.. it 'could' be tight. Just think we will offer our own surprises this year.

Opinions?????????

You mean they wont be as negative. All 11 behind the ball at all times when Calderwood was in charge????

we're all being pretty fucking negative this pre season, cheer up you bunch of negative so and so's, if theres going to be negative comments made il be the one doing them

Hard to call this early, but I would expect Hearts to possibly challenge the old firm this coming year. They are the only club making lots of signings, and Romanov has his critics but he knows a good player when he sees one. They were only 6 points behind us when they drew 2-2 at Ibrox in March, with McGregor making a last-minute save. We were 6 points behind the tims. We overhauled them, but if McGregor hadn't made that save they (Hearts) could have overhauled us. Never gave us or celtic an easy game last season, and completely annhialated us at Tynecastle in November. I thought then we wouldn't even challenge for the title, let alone win it. So I expect big things from Hearts, if they aren't distracted by a Europa League run. But the teams you expect to do well usually end up getting relegated, and the same team don't finish 3rd two seasons in a row in our league very often.

If us or celtic made a few quality signings we could pull away from the pack, but I certainly don't see us doing that. At this moment I believe we have a better squad than celtic, we have lost 1 player - Ferguson. They have lost Nakamura, Hartley and Vennegoor, and signed players who aren't guaranteed to succeed. Ideally we would sign a couple of defenders, a centre half and a full back, as Broadfoot (injury) Weir (age) and Bougherra (transfer?) might not be around for the full season. I would also like to see us sign Andy Driver to play wide on the left. I'm not panicking about our lack of signings - I expected celtic to have signed Fletcher and McCarthy by now, thankfully it never happened, but I think both clubs will sign 1 or 2 as the Champions League deadline approaches. It isn't like last year when stalling in the transfer market over Mendes and Davis cost us the Champions League money - the cash has been banked this year, so there will be no gambles either way!

The other SPL sides look weaker, though Motherwell may improve now they finally have a half-decent manager. I'll predict:

1-Rangers (hopefully)

2-scum

3-Hearts

4-Motherwell

5-Dundee Utd (missing out on Europe again)

6-Hibs

7-Aberdeen (McGhee will be sacked, or be celtic manager by Xmas!)

8-St.Johnstone

9-Falkirk

10-St.Mirren

11-Hamilton

12-Kilmarnock (Jim Jeffries' dire side have been freefalling for years, surely this must be their final season surviving in the SPL!)

1. Rangers

2. Scum

3. Hearts

4. Dundee Utd

5. Sheep

6. Kilmarnock

7. Hibs

8. Motherwell

9. St Jognstone

10. Hamilton

11. St Mirren

12. Falkirk

I THINK KILLIE WILL REALY STRUGGLE THIS YEAR IMO

1. Rangers

2. Scum

3. Hearts

4. Dundee Utd

5. Sheep

6. Kilmarnock

7. Hibs

8. Motherwell

9. St Jognstone

10. Hamilton

11. St Mirren

12. Falkirk

I THINK KILLIE WILL REALY STRUGGLE THIS YEAR IMO

i think killie will be suprise package this year, thought they really improved in second half of last season, and reckon kyle will do a bit of damage in the spl

You really think Hearts can split the Old Firm again? It would be great if that did happen, but in my opinion it's highly unlikely.

1. Rangers

2. Septic

3. Hearts

4. Aberdeen

5. Dundee United

6. Hibs

7. Falkirk

8. St. Johnstone

9. St. Mirren

10. Motherwell

11. Kilmarnock

12. Hamiton Accies

Read in today's gossip column that Mopery might be going for WBA's left back, if that's the case then it would be brilliant! :D

In reality I don't think Heart's will split the Old Firm and we will be Champions of course. :21:

I can see Hibs being fourth this year.They have plenty technical young players & they will operate more effectively not playing off a long ball/physical style that Mixu employed.

Dundee utd will run them close or better then the The Baa Baas.The biggest clubs in Scotland are all now beginning to hog the top 6, after they all had yoyo years & its getting harder & harder for others to get amongst them.

This breeds a more competitive edge & belief in the rest & can only be good for the league.

There are no easy games against THE TOP SIX anymore as we & the Darkheiders know from the points we drop compared to a few years ago.