Papac at centre defence....thoughts!

Laudo

With all the talk of us needing a new central defender to partner Bougherra,could we already have the answer in Papac being moved into the middle with Smith playing Left back?Papac was originally a central defender at his previous club,and now with a few years experiance in the SPL,he might now be able to hack it in the middle!He's comfortable with the ball at his feet,can pass well, and pulled off a few important tackles last season(under-rated player IMO)....tho I do admit,he might have to do more work on his heading!!.....what you think guys??

he has to be an option.

cant say i can picture him being much good, but thing is he is a CB originally as you said, so guess he has to be worth a shout if we need him

No. He looks very uncomfortable in that position and is far better at left back.

The fact that McCulloch and Dailly and even Whittaker on one occasion were preferred to him in that position last season tells a story.

We don't have an adequate left back to replace him. Smith isn't good enough anymore; he disappears out of games, hides, first touch is awful, tackling not so good etc.

You never know, McCulloch has played at left mid and Centre half, maybe Walter will mix the two n find a place for him in at Left back instead....God help us!!

Agree, Papac is now a LB and has been since Walter came in, and for me hes done pretty well there and now he has competition from Stevie Smith. Also we have Davie Weir who can still play im sure :) as well the likes McCulloch and Broadfoot :anguish: as well as some youth :D

I don't understand this. Papac was one of our more consistent performers at the beginining of the season and perhaps throughout the whole season, bar Boogie. He was praised for being "Solid".

Now, he's not "solid" ?

I don't understand this. Papac was one of our more consistent performers at the beginining of the season and perhaps throughout the whole season, bar Boogie. He was praised for being "Solid".

Now, he's not "solid" ?

Yeah but at LB he is solid CB is whole new ball game more pressure there!!

Losing the ball on the half way line is better than on the 18 yard line!!

he played centre back when he first arrived and struggled he has been our best left back since numan

Yeah I agree with that.

I think he has been fantastic as a left back and has been improving constantly. I think we may see more goals from the big man this year too. I still think we will see Tonel at Ibrox soon.

I dont see papac scoring or Tonel being here sadly.

We don't have an adequate left back to replace him. Smith isn't good enough anymore; he disappears out of games, hides, first touch is awful, tackling not so good etc.

You never know, McCulloch has played at left mid and Centre half, maybe Walter will mix the two n find a place for him in at Left back instead....God help us!!

Remember when Walter played Duncan Ferguson at left back? it could happen!