To make pot 2

ofb1988

am i right in thinking we need 2 of the following 3 teams to win -

Atletico v panathanikos - Atletico to win

Lyon v anderlecht - anderlecht to win

Sprting v fiorentina - fiorentin to win

If so i think theres a good chance, a very good chance sporting and panathanikos will fall.

:gerbad:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only need 2 of Fiorentina, Atletico and Anderlecht to get through. (tu)

as i thought :gerbad:

i think atletico is a cert and fiorentina have the better chance.

anderlecht i dont think will make it

We only need 2 of Fiorentina, Atletico and Anderlecht to get through. (tu)

as i thought :gerbad:

i think atletico is a cert and fiorentina have the better chance.

anderlecht i dont think will make it

Not really Pana have built a fairly decent squad this season and will give them 2 good games

RANGERS will move up into the second pot of seeds for next week's Champions League group phase draw if two results go their way in the final qualifying phase.

The Light Blues are currently the second highest ranked club in Pot Three and if two of the following four clubs fail to qualify - Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting Lisbon or Panathinaikos - then Rangers will be promoted.

That means they will avoid Inter Milan, Real Madrid, CSKA Moscow, AZ Alkmaar and Juventus for example when the draw takes place on August 27.

There would appear to be every possibility of Lisbon and Pana failing to make it as they face Fiorentina and Atletico Madrid respectively.

Arsenal, of course, face Celtic and are favourites to win through while most would expect Lyon to see off Anderlecht.

The final qualifying phase matches begin tonight and tomorrow night with the second legs next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Rangers are qualified for the group phase directly for the first time as a result of winning the SPL last season.

And the good news is that there is every chance the 2009/10 SPL champions will also gain direct access.

Scotland is ranked 13th for 2010/11 and as such the title-winners will get into the group phase as long as this season's Champions League winners also secure direct qualification through their league position, which is normally the case.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1759379,00.html

does that also mean we wont need to qualify for the CL next season if we win the league

no, that's already decided. SPL winners (us) will have one qualifying round - however at least it will be in the champions sections of qualifying so we will get champions of a smaller nation rather than a 2/3/4 place team from one of the top leagues

does that also mean we wont need to qualify for the CL next season if we win the league

no, that's already decided. SPL winners (us) will have one qualifying round - however at least it will be in the champions sections of qualifying so we will get champions of a smaller nation rather than a 2/3/4 place team from one of the top leagues

If the team that wins the CL has already qualified thru' their own league then the SPL champs will go straight in.

If the team that wins the CL has already qualified thru' their own league then the SPL champs will go straight in.

to be fair that's a highly likely scenario