Will we make a signing now the extra cash is secured?

will we make a signing now extra euro cash is secure?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that McArthur is pretty much a given now. Apparently Hamilton are willing to let him go fairly cheaply as they're expecting to go down this season and want to make some money from him while his profile is reasonably high.

Not so fussed personally, would rather see the money spent on a CB.

Hope so.

You'd think the best way for a new chairman to announce his arrival is to bring in the signing we've all been hoping for.

The banks respect Johnston a lot more apparently after being frustrated at the way SDM done things. With this in mind, we may well be allowed the £2.65m extra TV money as a loan from the bank, with the promise of it being repaid as soon as we get it next year.

I hear that McArthur is pretty much a given now. Apparently Hamilton are willing to let him go fairly cheaply as they're expecting to go down this season and want to make some money from him while his profile is reasonably high.

Not so fussed personally, would rather see the money spent on a CB.

Can't see it, and I hope not. He's simply not good enough, and it's a position we do not need to fill, especially with mediocre pish.

Sign Vidic for cover. What's the problem? ...

Oh we aren't Man City ...

okay ... Darren Barr.

If we sign anyone, it will be SPL standard.

No point then. We've already spent the whole summer getting rid of that standard of player. It's time we moved on. Players outwith the Old Firm are not good enough!

voted no, what extra cash btw??

Where have you been for the last four weeks?!

The thing is that extra cash as everybody is banging on about, might be used on tying up Novo and Boyd on longer contracts or the difference on us being able to hold onto one player that we would have had to cash in on like....Mendes etc.

This ain't a blank cheque for us as we ain't out the woods yet. Although we should hear a statement from our new chairman soon.

voted no, what extra cash btw??

Since Celtic haven't qualified for the group stages of the Champions League, we will get their share of Scotland's TV money for the Champions League which is around £2.6m

Yes 2.65 Mil.reported on the Official site. (tu)

I still think Walter might buy 1 if not 2 players. We have not got enough strength in depth for us to fight on all four fronts unless he uses a lot of the u21 players throughout the season but even then there isn't that many outstanding candidates to be promoted to the 1st team in there. I think if he does get a couple then they will be loan signings then if need be come January if we need to strengthen then he has some money instead of spending it now.