Your best feeling in the last 4 or 5 years as a Rangers fan

Danny

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been some good times through the dark in the past decade, but Manchester would have to take the biscuit for me. Just being there with my dad and my wee brothers knowing fine well we might never get there again. And that we were there in amongst it.

I have two more abstract ones.

1 - Watching us play 30 passes around Scotland's Shame FC when we beat then 3-0 at Ibrox. The fans were giving it the old 'ole' for five minutes while we simply humiliated them.

That knocked them, as Sir Alex would put it, right off their fucking perch.

2 - Lyon 0 - 3 Rangers. One of the most exciting Rangers games I've ever witnessed. And one of the best ever solo performances I've seen from a Rangers players in Brahim Hemdani.

Abstract ones ? Anythin to be diff Eh ? ;):sherlock:

:lol:

Well, I've spoke to death about Nacho's penality and our subsequent performance in Manchester sours it slightly.

Those two above were pure, 100% magic.

This place is full o' intellctals, intullceals, a fcuk it, smart arses noo ! :):sherlock:

I have two more abstract ones.

1 - Watching us play 30 passes around Scotland's Shame FC when we beat then 3-0 at Ibrox. The fans were giving it the old 'ole' for five minutes while we simply humiliated them.

That knocked them, as Sir Alex would put it, right off their fucking perch.

2 - Lyon 0 - 3 Rangers. One of the most exciting Rangers games I've ever witnessed. And one of the best ever solo performances I've seen from a Rangers players in Brahim Hemdani.

Abstract ones ? Anythin to be diff Eh ? ;):sherlock:

:lol:

Well, I've spoke to death about Nacho's penality and our subsequent performance in Manchester sours it slightly.

Those two above were pure, 100% magic.

This place is full o' intellctals, intullceals, a fcuk it, smart arses noo ! :):sherlock:

Learning it all from you mate :praise:

When you think about it there have been so many fantastic memories. Helicopter Sunday for me was amazing as it was so unexpected and I partied hard that night.

The 3-0 win in Lyon was a proud night as the whole of Europe sat up and took notice.

Away to Villareal was a great effort and Boyd nearly clinched it near the end.

The best of the bunch has to be the semi final of the UEFA CUP. It was the only time Ive ever been brought to tears watching Rangers. I was just so so proud of our team, our fans and the fact that we demonstrated that No Surrender spirit. That was truly my fondest memory and it'll be hard to beat.

2 for me....

Helicopter Sunday obviously, those last few minutes at Easter Road will live with me forever. Cheers once again to my mate Ali Allan & Scotty Broon,daft cunts from Inverness who'd thrown in the towel and sent me 2 tickets. (tu)

Nachos penalty in Florence. I had to lie on the floor to watch it, as my legs had gone & i knew i was on the brink of heartbreak/ecstasy/seizure.

The best day is yet to come :21:

What moment for you was the most joyous?

Inspired by the CL last 16 or Europa final poll, I felt the urge to compare what moments we all consider the best personally speaking. I know a lot of guys will say Manchester, some may say the last 16 of the CL, some will say winning the league last year. All valid choices.

Mine is a bit more abstract, but was my number one moment in the last half decade - even if it only lasted 55 minutes. It was when Peter Lovenkrands scored in Villarreal to put us, for 55 minutes, in the quarter finals of the CL.

The excitement, joy, hope, and slight fear was truly unforgettable. For 55 minutes Rangers were in the quarter finals, the last 8 - the best 8 teams in Europe.

When Arruabarrena scored it broke my heart completely. Never despised the away goals rule more.

First game of the season THIS season. Seriously, hands down.

We look like Rangers again, playing nice football and, coasting through games winning 4-1. The signs were there pre-season, but, we all know that its not a real reference point as to how we will perform in earnest, however, we took the manner of our play preseason into the new campaign, and, for me, that was the most satisfying thing, as, it has set me up for the season ahead.

From a personal smugness perspective too, i said at the beginning of last season we would win the league, and, that Smith had an obvious plan and goals, and, I didnt care about performances last season as, once the pressure of getting our title back was off, we would relax and play a bit more, and, well, seems we have :pipe:

What moment for you was the most joyous?

Inspired by the CL last 16 or Europa final poll, I felt the urge to compare what moments we all consider the best personally speaking. I know a lot of guys will say Manchester, some may say the last 16 of the CL, some will say winning the league last year. All valid choices.

Mine is a bit more abstract, but was my number one moment in the last half decade - even if it only lasted 55 minutes. It was when Peter Lovenkrands scored in Villarreal to put us, for 55 minutes, in the quarter finals of the CL.

The excitement, joy, hope, and slight fear was truly unforgettable. For 55 minutes Rangers were in the quarter finals, the last 8 - the best 8 teams in Europe.

When Arruabarrena scored it broke my heart completely. Never despised the away goals rule more.

First game of the season THIS season. Seriously, hands down.

We look like Rangers again, playing nice football and, coasting through games winning 4-1. The signs were there pre-season, but, we all know that its not a real reference point as to how we will perform in earnest, however, we took the manner of our play preseason into the new campaign, and, for me, that was the most satisfying thing, as, it has set me up for the season ahead.

From a personal smugness perspective too, i said at the beginning of last season we would win the league, and, that Smith had an obvious plan and goals, and, I didnt care about performances last season as, once the pressure of getting our title back was off, we would relax and play a bit more, and, well, seems we have :pipe:

*doffs cap to Outlaw whilst listening to Cockney Rejects - East End*

either the UEFA cup semi final shoot-out when Nacho got the winner, although that is just shaded by being at tannadice when we won the league last season

Tannadice was a good one, it was the first real signs that we could be the team we are now (tu)

Getting to the last 16 of the champions league for me, I was in the Copland with my Mum at the Inter Milan game and its one of favourite memories :D

Going apeshit with the guys when Nacho scored in Florence does come pretty close mind you.

Apart from the obvious ones like Florence or helicopter sunday or tannadice. I'd say something like coming from a goal down to beat Stuttgart 2-1. Hutton's amazing run where he beat about 5 players then passed it to Adam, who cut inside onto his weaker foot and curled a brilliant shot in to the net. Then there was Darchevile's penalty to win the game a few minutes later.

As a previous poster said the Inter game where we got to the last 16 was pretty special, I think mainly because it was a moment of sheer joy in one of the worst seasons in our recent history.