What match stressed you the most...

Danny

Another 'inspired by a post' thread, this time this one, what match of recent times did you fear and stress about the most?

For me it was the 1-0 OF at Ibrox last season - I don't think I've felt more anxious and stressed in the build up to a match. In the minutes before kick off I could have used a horse tranquilliser I was that nervous.

The away leg against Werder Bremen. I have never seen us take so much punishment as we did during that 90 minutes. I had to turn my back on the game at points it was so nerve-wracking.

The worst part was the stupid music they played over the tannoy every time Bremen won a corner. Given the fact the had close to 20 corners i couldn't get the music out of my head for days. :anguish:

Mines would be the UEFA Cup final and more recently the title decider at Tannadice.

Couldn't concentrate on anything on the week leading up to the game at Tannadice,

and on the morning of the match i felt sick.

At least with Manchester you had a bevvy and could mingle with fellow Bears hours and hours before kick off but was

still gut wrenching.

The Hearts and Sheep games at the end of the season, was soo frustrating, the players were playing as though we were 10 points behind and had no chance of winning the league, also the Cup Final versus the tarriers last season.

Gers in florence. The whole match was a nightmare the pressure was unbelieveable i thought i was gonna take a heart attack. Then cousin decides to get sent off. And we had to go through 30 mins of extra time with 10 men! But we survived! And won! Because we are the people!

Florence away.

Was brutal for the full 120.

Although, me and 10 gers in a line in my living room (which should never have that many people in it) just like the players on the halfway line frantically trying to work out what was happening with the peno's.. We were certain that a Novo goal and another miss would see us though, until we all heard "Novo, for the UEFA Cup Final..".

It was dramatic.

The away leg against Werder Bremen. I have never seen us take so much punishment as we did during that 90 minutes. I had to turn my back on the game at points it was so nerve-wracking.

The worst part was the stupid music they played over the tannoy every time Bremen won a corner. Given the fact the had close to 20 corners i couldn't get the music out of my head for days. :anguish:

Same with me, I've never looked at the clock so often during a match, sometimes 3 times within a minute...

Hateleys game v Aberdeen, it was 0-0 at half time, Aberdeen just needed a draw to win the league, i was chewing my nails off,this was pre internet times,radio 5 i had on, so i took my dog out for a walk with the tv on the teletext page for the result, all the writing was in the left hand side when i came back in, Championees!!!

Fiorentina game for me (especially the penalties) When fergie missed and then to see Hemdani and Papac step up, didn't watch the penalties but when a wasn't looking seemed like a was waiting for ages for the penalty to be taking... nerve shredding stuff

Another 'inspired by a post' thread, this time this one, what match of recent times did you fear and stress about the most?

For me it was the 1-0 OF at Ibrox last season - I don't think I've felt more anxious and stressed in the build up to a match. In the minutes before kick off I could have used a horse tranquilliser I was that nervous.

Im the same, but that was nothin compared to the nerves I felt in the last 10 minutes of that game waiting for the final whistle.

Hateleys game v Aberdeen, it was 0-0 at half time, Aberdeen just needed a draw to win the league, i was chewing my nails off,this was pre internet times,radio 5 i had on, so i took my dog out for a walk with the tv on the teletext page for the result, all the writing was in the left hand side when i came back in, Championees!!!

I just thought I'd point out it was 1-0 at half time.

The most nervous I've ever felt at a game would have to be Tynecastle in May 2003. We had to win by two goals to go back to the top of the league. Half time, still no goals. Then we missed that penalty and I just felt it wasn't going to be our day. Then when de Boer scored that header, I don't know if I've ever felt so relieved, you could tell by the celebrations that day how relieved we all were because everyone was grabbing everyone. When Lovenkrands tucked in the goal that took us back top, I just knew it was our year.

hibs away right before the split last season, knowing its a cunt of a ground to play at, hibs playing well etc etc, i was fucking shaking come kick off time, we HAD to win that day, going into the split further behind would have been criminal

then that bastard whittaker scored in under a minute and i thought "least let me worry for half the game you ungrateful bastards"

lol

hibs away right before the split last season, knowing its a cunt of a ground to play at, hibs playing well etc etc, i was fucking shaking come kick off time, we HAD to win that day, going into the split further behind would have been criminal

then that bastard whittaker scored in under a minute and i thought "least let me worry for half the game you ungrateful bastards"

lol

What about the 1-1 game? I dont think we pummeled a team all season as much as we did V Hibs in that second half... whittaker was outstanding and we could and should have given ourselves every chance of winning the league the following game after v the sheep