***The Official Scotland vs Holland Thread***

Juno

Holland could field there U21 and they would still win, that's the difference between the two sides :(

But since it wouldn't be normal for us not to believe we can win 3-0, then become totally deflated after we fail yet again in our final match. I'll go along with the blind faith...C'mon Scotland :5260:

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue that. I think Burley's a pish manager, but as a Scot i'm loyally behind him for his time here.

Even if some of the callups don't suit us that's watching, you can only pick from the team that's there... Alexander or Hartley it is. Going to have to give us the ol' Braveheart performance. :anguish:

Burley's murder.

1st half today, you're thinking: "Fuck me sideways with Jimbo's favourite dancing shoes."

2nd half: "Burley CAN actually manage."

Hard one to call really.

It was like in the second half they finally understood the tactics he was trying to play and it suddenly clicked.

About 10 games later...

It's at Hampden DB, as pish as Scotland are i can't see Holland ripping them apart. When did Scotland last get beaten very badly at Hampden?

Holland will win the only question that needs to be answered is...How many goals do Holland want to win by.

To answer the question, I remember going to Hampden to see Scotland vs Switzerland and they pumped us 3-1 :pipe:

I'd take the following line up:

Gordon

Hutton, Weir, McManus, Whittaker

McFadden, Fletcher, Thompson, Brown, Maloney

O'Conner

Think we need a big forward to hassle and annoy the Dutch backline, also think, whilst we need to win, we cannot do it by beating the Dutch at their own game. If, and it's a big if, we beat Holland, it will be on the break. That is why we need a holding midfielder, rather than a 4-4-2.

Although, can we add to our squad at the moment by bringing Thompson in? I mean offically?

I'd take the following line up:

Gordon

Hutton, Weir, McManus, Whittaker

McFadden, Fletcher, Thompson, Brown, Maloney

O'Conner

Think we need a big forward to hassle and annoy the Dutch backline, also think, whilst we need to win, we cannot do it by beating the Dutch at their own game. If, and it's a big if, we beat Holland, it will be on the break. That is why we need a holding midfielder, rather than a 4-4-2.

Although, can we add to our squad at the moment by bringing Thompson in? I mean offically?

McFadden's suspended mate.

Will Holland play their full side?

I think so. They played a very strong side against Japan in a friendly today, won 3-0.

----------------------Vorm-------------------

Wiel-----Mathijsen---Loovens---Van Bronckhorst

---------------De Jong---Van Bommel-------------

Kuyt-----------------Sneijder----------------Robben

-----------------------Van Persie---------------------

I think so. They played a very strong side against Japan in a friendly today, won 3-0.

Loovens got capped for Holland!? :lol:

Loovens got capped for Holland!? :lol:

He did :anguish: Okay, it wasn't a strong defence but the attack is frightening.

Macedonia were creating a lot of good chances today, if we let Holland do the same on Wednesday, the game will be over before Half time.

Probably go 4-5-1 first half and just try and hope to sneak it in the 2nd half. No point saying we have to win so we might as well go out and go for it, because if we do, we will get slaughtered.

Just got to hope they frustrate Holland. Scotland WILL get 1 or 2 chances, just have to take at least 1 and pray for a defensive miracle as we will be under the cosh a LOT.

I'd have Lee McCulloch in Wales so he wasn't playing for Scotland.

You really are a sad little man.

Lee McCulloch is 100 times better than than Alexander and Hartley.

You're a wank (tu)

Maybe better than Alexander but no where near better than Hartley!

I'd have Lee McCulloch in Wales so he wasn't playing for Scotland.

You really are a sad little man.

Lee McCulloch is 100 times better than than Alexander and Hartley.

You're a wank (tu)

Maybe better than Alexander but no where near better than Hartley!

Have you had your eyes closed this season? McCulloch is looking very good.

Why are you always so bitter, Boab? You hold the must ridiculously over the top grudges.

I recall praising him against PSG and creating a thread with that praise but I'm not going to go over the top after a few good games, still too often gives the ball away.

The guy in front of me at Ibrox vs Hamilton pointed out he never found a Ranger players once at Tynecastle. I'd love to watch that back now but cannot.