Good to hear a certain song being belted out today.....

MisterC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, it was just a big GIRUY tae the mwell fans, players, refs and anyone else who was listening to let them know THAT WE ARE THE BRIDGETON DERRY BOYS.

I was in the main stand south and sang it with gusto and my mate who left just before the goal was outside at the big gate nexty the stand and heard it loud and clear.

I was in the main stand section and straight after the penalty it was being belted out by a few hundred of us bears, I refrained but my mates joined in, I love the song but dont want us docked points, it did feel good to hear it and it was jsut the adrenalin of the penalty incident and our "NO SURRENDER" attitude.

If we sung it at every game they cannot dock points every single time and we would win te day IMO, I just dont think enough of us would do it on a regular basis.

To those that want it brought back -- and those that sang it today:

Do you not think you are acting in a selfish way? You are putting yourselves before our club? What does this prove? How does this enhance our club? How does this ensure we aren't docked points, kicked out of Europe etc. I await your response(s).

Its a magnificent chant - the BEST of them all in my opinion. Quite simply, NOTHING SOUNDS BETTER. It stirs a passion deep in the souls of real Rangers fans to hear that roared out by our legions

The only reason I go on about changing the words is because i fear we wont be allowed to get away with it anymore without a change.

And id rather have it with Rangers words that nothing at all.

Its a magnificent chant - the BEST of them all in my opinion. Quite simply, NOTHING SOUNDS BETTER. It stirs a passion deep in the souls of real Rangers fans to hear that roared out by our legions

The only reason I go on about changing the words is because i fear we wont be allowed to get away with it anymore without a change.

And id rather have it with Rangers words that nothing at all.

(tu)

Do you not think you are acting in a selfish way? You are putting yourselves before our club? What does this prove? How does this enhance our club? How does this ensure we aren't docked points, kicked out of Europe etc. I await your response(s).

Mate, i am guessing you don't attend many matches? Otherwise you would know that when your team has just saved a late penalty and the adrenaline is pumping you sing anything that creates a noise.

Not think "Wait, i better consider what i sing before celebrating the save as it may be insensitive to others watching".

Mate, i am guessing you don't attend many matches? Otherwise you would know that when your team has just saved a late penalty and the adrenaline is pumping you sing anything that creates a noise.

Not think "Wait, i better consider what i sing before celebrating the save as it may be insensitive to others watching".

Dont blame him mate - theres a generation of fans growing up not knowing about our greatest chant because for 5 years we havent had either of the following:

the BOTTLE to sing our chant

the BRAINS to change the words of our chant

One of those two we need. Silence has been the preferred option for far too long IMO.

Well done to the guys singing our song today, ignoring the taig wankers on here, the handwringers and apologists, BRILLIANT.

Hullo Hullo we are the billy boys

Hullo Hullo you'll know us by we're noise

We're up to our knees in fenian blood

Surrender or you'll die

For we are the Brigton derry boys.

Well done to the guys singing our song today, ignoring the taig wankers on here, the handwringers and apologists, BRILLIANT.

Hullo Hullo we are the billy boys

Hullo Hullo you'll know us by we're noise

We're up to our knees in fenian blood

Surrender or you'll die

For we are the Brigton derry boys.

Yes, who wants us to win the league and play in europe.We should only care about singing a song about a Glasgow razor thug.

We are three years down the line from the Uefa edict banning us from singing this song and the sfa and spl accepting and agreeing the club should be punished if it is sung at spl games (although I doubt if they have the balls to deduct points).

The Uefa decision was pathetic and the acceptance of the ruling by the club was more pathetic. The song always was the best rousing and atmospheric weapon and always made my hair stand on end but the club has made its stance well known and we should just accept the reality of the situation.

There are still the drunken 16 and 17 year olds that try to start it at every game but the majority are more concerned about the team, the game and the result rather than shows of petty defiance.

lol I live in Toronto -- but spend my money to watch the matches like any other Bear. However, you didn't answer my question? And.. no one has.

I quote myself...

Do you not think you are acting in a selfish way? You are putting yourselves before our club? What does this prove? How does this enhance our club? How does this ensure we aren't docked points, kicked out of Europe etc. I await your response(s)

Does anyone want to answer?

I heard it and a fuckin loved it see all use cunts on here that love UEFA and hate the sons of william away and take a flyin ringpiece tae yerselves ... not got a clue what the rangers are and am disgusted to call use lot fellow fans

long live protestantism in the west of scotland

I heard it and a fuckin loved it see all use cunts on here that love UEFA and hate the sons of william away and take a flyin ringpiece tae yerselves ... not got a clue what the rangers are and am disgusted to call use lot fellow fans

long live protestantism in the west of scotland

Do you go to your local parish church? That is being a protestant. The Billy Boys makes no referance to being a protestant. This is just yet another case of people using religeon to spout abuse. So many plastic proddies in here that dont have a clue.

If people want to keep the song, then just change the words.. simple. But no no, its all about them and how them singing a song is more important than the club itself. These people need to get a reality check of the situation we are in.

As the previous poster said ,how does this hellp our club?

No one answered and all the wee angry men just side swerved the questions...

How does singing these words help the club when we know that we face sanctions for doing so?

Nothin beats that song. And come on, how much damage can be done by people singing a song at a footie match. Not as if we're chuckin bombs at people. Its for us, not them. The moaners need to get some perspective with what is allowed and what's not. Next, we'll no be allowed to wear our Rangers tops to games as it might offend... :gerbad: