Jerome Rothen - not match fit

Muff

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not appear match fit yes, but still was much much better tonight. Lacks pace but will make up for that with class and skill. He may turn out a better CL player than an SPL player. His game might be better suited for the CL.

Anyway the 2nd half was a nice surprise after the first half drudgery.

Naismith put in a tremendous workshift, but his 1st touch could be better.

The two of them were effective and that is what mattered.

Totaly agree mate, he may moveup the park slowly but he can move and turn quickly to get away from defenders. He can also use his right foot to which was good to see.

But showed his class!

Rotated from the right to left, and even moved into a more central role. What a difference a couple of day's make - working with his new team mates, fitness....

He was all over the park, he worked hard, tracked back, won tackles, held the ball up, wanted the ball, made space....bar one bad delivery, he was excellent!

He's only going to get better, and, his class showed through.

MOTM, IMO!

People slated him for his lack of protection at the back, well he showed that he was capable of doing that, on the biggest stage in World club football :clap:

Very impressed by him tonight. Keeps the ball well and puts in a great ball. Should be a stand out for us this season :)

Great result tonight!!

Agreed Rothen was the stand out for us.

Miller, Papac, Davis, Thomson and particularily Mendes were awful.

Millers attitude was poor tonight, didnt give his usual non stop workrate.

Papac was a tube, to blame for the goal and missed a sitter.

Davis, panicked everytime he got the ball especially in first half.

Thomson, too laboured and no where near the player he was.

Mendes was just shocking, couldnt complete a pass to a Rangers player.

A point after that first half and the fact that so many players were poor is a very good one.

Great Second half performance and jerome rothen doesnt look like he lacks pace at all , he was fantastic today and his dribbling is neat he runs at defenders and his delivery is just magic.

Mcgregor - Good - apart from the blunder at the cross he was good

Papac - Okay - made mistake for the first goal but got better as the game progressed

Whittaker - Good - good perfromance overall

Mcculloch - Solid - all the mcculloch bashers slating him but i thought he was solid today and didnt put a foot wrong

Bougherra - Magnificent - solid at the back , very neat and tidy play and then magnificent link-up with rothen and wonderful goal

Thomson - Faultless - i thought he took time to settle but in the second half he looked his old self , breaking up play and getting in there faces

Davis - V.Good - always wanted the ball and tracked back very well also went close at the end

Mendes - Class - alot of great touches and looked very comfortable

Naismith - Great - worked hard all game and was unlucky not to score , looks like he could be a key player in the title run

Rothen - Brilliant - showed his class today with great crosses , drifted form left to right and always wanted the ball , always positive and rarely a pass backwards

Miller - Okay - the workrate was there but his touch wasnt , alot of running from the lone striker and put in a good shift

My opinion on today and i thought they have reedemed themself from saturday ! Great second half and neat passing and kept the ball brilliantly in the second half !

He is a better CL player due to the slower nature of the football. He gets the chance to put his foot on the ball and play it, rather than some SPL donkey flying at him within 2 seconds of getting the ball.

Btw, those slating Rothen in the game thread, with comments like "Rothen is Pish", and picking up on his bad deliveries but not praising what he was doing well. Hang your heads in fucking shame.

He was the best Rangers player on the park tonight, showed a great hunger and desire. Fantastic left peg and worked his fucking arse off!!

You are right Muff, he is very De Boer esque......

Great Second half performance and jerome rothen doesnt look like he lacks pace at all , he was fantastic today and his dribbling is neat he runs at defenders and his delivery is just magic.

Papac - Okay - made mistake for the first goal but got better as the game progressed

Mcculloch - Solid - all the mcculloch bashers slating him but i thought he was solid today and didnt put a foot wrong

Bougherra - Magnificent - solid at the back , very neat and tidy play and then magnificent link-up with rothen and wonderful goal

Thomson - Faultless - i thought he took time to settle but in the second half he looked his old self , breaking up play and getting in there faces

Davis - V.Good - always wanted the ball and tracked back very well also went close at the end

Naismith - Great - worked hard all game and was unlucky not to score , looks like he could be a key player in the title run

Rothen - Brilliant - showed his class today with great crosses , drifted form left to right and always wanted the ball , always positive and rarely a pass backwards

Miller - Okay - the workrate was there but his touch wasnt , alot of running from the lone striker and put in a good shift

My opinion on today and i thought they have reedemed themself from saturday ! Great second half and neat passing and kept the ball brilliantly in the second half !

What a totally inaccurate and misleading assessment of the player performances.

Are you being serious ? Mendes - ( Class ? ), Davis ? Thomson ?, Surely you were watching on the Radio ?

Are you being serious ? Mendes - ( Class ? ), Davis ? Thomson ?, Surely you were watching on the Radio ?

What did mendes do wrong apart from a few wayward passes in the second half , davis was great as usual and as i said thomson wasnt at his game at first but came into a game and looked like his old self as the game went on

im sure it was you who was listening on the radio if you think mendes was awful ? what did davis do wrong ? and thomsons performance is arguable !

What did mendes do wrong apart from a few wayward passes in the second half , davis was great as usual and as i said thomson wasnt at his game at first but came into a game and looked like his old self as the game went on

im sure it was you who was listening on the radio if you think mendes was awful ? what did davis do wrong ? and thomsons performance is arguable !

Look you're entitled to your opinion and we'll just have to agree to disagree. Have a feeling most people will be sharing my opinion though.

Lets just enjoy the point gained in the end. (tu)

Thought he played well, Stuttgart never really seemed to realise he was always cutting inside and then he banged 1 with the right foot

Thought Davis was up there to but, the wee man's link up play was unbelievable at times

He lacks pace, but god damn he was good.

Its not just the crossing, although that will come in handy. Its the ball retention. He was the only one capable in the first half of taking in the ball, holding onto it, then starting an attack.

He kept the ball very well in some very tight situations.

One thing i noticed as well. He's only played 2 games with these boys but already seems part of the team. He was right in amongst the celebrations at the end, something you tend to see new signings kinda take a back seat in.

I don't know if it's just me, but Jerome Rothen runs, moves off the ball, links up, touches, and moans like....Ronald de. Boer????

Plus he wanders all over the park, tracks back, tackles, and, his distribution is better!

And he's not fully fit!

Very much like De Boer

Could be an inspired addition imo