John Fleck

martyboy2009

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Showing little sign of potential, lots of flattering to deceive but little substantial end product.

Early days, but we can't afford to give a run in the team to someone who isn't actually having any effect on proceedings. I'd rather play Rothen out there instead.

He showed signs of confidence against killie , wanting the ball , trying defence cutting passes , driving forward and having attempts at goal.

Give him time as he is still young , if he wasnt as hyped and being named the new rooney most rangers fans would be thinking he has bags of potential but because of him getting massively overhyped everyone expects quality every touch he gets.

Ive been waiting on him to do something aswell, we've heard about him for a few years hes played probably over 20 games now AND :anguish: :anguish: hes not done a single thing apart from win and score a penalty about 7 months or something ago. Not scored any other goal or created any other goal. Been taking corners but can't deliver them to a team mate, his passing is shocking everytime he plays he gives the ball away constantly by under hitting passes, ive not seen him crossing a ball into the box at all yet and his shooting never looks like a goal. Tactically he doesnt know what hes doing weve brought him through playing in centre-mid and hes too small to play there for the first team so weve wasted years trying to play him there because he doesnt look like hell ever play there in the first team because his height. We should loan him to Hamilton in January and hope he gets SPL experience? because hes doing nothing for us and he wont progress playing at the same level hes been playing for 4 years or whatever now.

With how highly rated he's been aswell ive not seen a spark of anything from him to make me think he has got it. Seems like a mini Charlie Adam.

I actually don't think that telling the youngsters there is no hurry because they have time to develop etc etc does them any favours because it only provides them with a little comfort zone. It also has to be said that we don't play in a particularly good league so it should give young players a great opportunity to establish themselves in the team ... and I'm also bound to say that there are 18 year olds in Afghanistan who have really had to grow up very quickly so I think our lads should take a leaf out of their books and take on more responsibility

This board is so fucking hypocritical at times. Walter was getting slated week after week saying we don't play youth and never will etc..

So when Walter is giving the hottest prospect at the club a game, all the haters from last season are now coming and saying get Fleck out the team. If your going to argue your point at least be consistent about it.

Lets give Fleck a break. The guy's only 18 and hasn't played in his proper position

I'm only giving an honest opinion of the boy.

Last season he was a wonderkid, 10 million pound player etc, he's not and never will be as good as we all hoped.

Stop talking utter drivel.

How the fuck could you possibly predict that of an 18 year old?

Honestly, with 'fans' like you, who needs enemies? doh

Please remember folks, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as far as I'm concerned it's far too early in Fleck's career to make any judgment on how good he will be in the future. I do think it's important that he is given a run in what appears to be his more natural position.

Remember, even the management team haven't decided where his best position might be, Coisty had been reported as saying an attacking midfielder, I think it was, and Walter was saying possibly as a striker, ok in all fairness it could be either.

Regarding Fleck being played out on the wing, yes it is probably wrong, but the OP's comments about Walter just playing him to keep him happy is the biggest load of tosh going, that is in no way Walter's style. Any players should just be happy getting the opportunity of pulling on a Ranger's top irrespective of where they are ordered to play.

Please remember folks, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as far as I'm concerned it's far too early in Fleck's career to make any judgment on how good he will be in the future. I do think it's important that he is given a run in what appears to be his more natural position.

Remember, even the management team haven't decided where his best position might be, Coisty had been reported as saying an attacking midfielder, I think it was, and Walter was saying possibly as a striker, ok in all fairness it could be either.

Regarding Fleck being played out on the wing, yes it is probably wrong, but the OP's comments about Walter just playing him to keep him happy is the biggest load of tosh going, that is in no way Walter's style. Any players should just be happy getting the opportunity of pulling on a Ranger's top irrespective of where they are ordered to play.

He's not playing on the wing though (or wasn't on saturday), similar to davis he was playing on the left side of midfield he wasn't being asked to do a traditional wingers role.....

He's not playing on the wing though (or wasn't on saturday), similar to davis he was playing on the left side of midfield he wasn't being asked to do a traditional wingers role.....

My own personal view is that he should be played just behind two strikers in a more central role. :)

I think Fleck is under too much pressure,he needs a lot more games up front with Lafferty then he will hopefully begin to show us what hes made of.If he is given 4-6 games in this position and he is still not performing then it might be time to kick him out the door ?

What is everyone actually expecting from him? I expect him to be no more than average

If he was going to turn out world class he would be shiting all over players in the SPL even at 18

He struggles to complete passes and has some woeful touches