Slit wrists and nooses...

Danny

I knew positivity wasn't something I was going to encounter today, how could it be - the display yesterday was probably the worst since Walter's come back as manager.

The fact that imo Shagger was the only player to get pass marks gives some idea of how absolutely incredibly awful we managed to play.

However, as bad as it was, it's a well known fact that Rangers always suffer Euro hangovers. We busted a gut on Wednesday to get a point in Germany, and barely 2 days later we're away at Killie expecting to play like Barcelona?

It's a fair point - we all arrogantly assumed a win - indeed we seemed to entirely dismiss Killie on every level including a statement that Boyd would score.

So what happens? We went out and, pretty much to a man, had a total, utter nightmare. It does happen, and I'm not going to cry myself to sleep about it.

Our form this year has been pretty poor, but unfortunately I'm not sure we could expect much more given the lack of new signings. Celtic have been abhorrent too and they only brought in Fox, N'guemo and Fortune - hardly bleeding edge players.

The cruel truth is that both the OF are domestically horrible this year so far, and the the rest of the SPL is considerably worse.

Rangers may manage to punch above our weight in the CL - we may save our very best for there, but we haven't the squad, resources or quality to manage to win every game we play.

Even teams like Manchester United lose to Burnley - it's worth noting we've not lost any matches this year.

End of the day, it was a horror show, but it's way too early in the season to chastise anyone - football is a fickle animal, and it really is the case you're only as good as your last game.

This is not to excuse the display - Walter got team selection wrong, the formation was unclear, and the players were drab beyond words. But I do get a feeling of over reaction when we have a bad 'un.

If we have a bad match, are fans expecting 7 new £5M players, a new management team and an overhaul of club finances overnight to solve it? And if we have a good match are our current players Gods, Walter a genius and the club well run?

This post kinda rambled all over the place, but I'll sign it off on this note:

We had the same reaction last season when we lost to St Mirren - we went onto win the league, but you'd have thought we were about to be relegated in that match...

Enough of that positivity Danny :)

But in all seriousness I am really worried why we start every single game the exact same way. CL hangover or not, it still does not excuse the fact that we are unable to do the very basics.

I knew positivity wasn't something I was going to encounter today, how could it be - the display yesterday was probably the worst since Walter's come back as manager.

The fact that imo Shagger was the only player to get pass marks gives some idea of how absolutely incredibly awful we managed to play.

However, as bad as it was, it's a well known fact that Rangers always suffer Euro hangovers. We busted a gut on Wednesday to get a point in Germany, and barely 2 days later we're away at Killie expecting to play like Barcelona?

It's a fair point - we all arrogantly assumed a win - indeed we seemed to entirely dismiss Killie on every level including a statement that Boyd would score.

So what happens? We went out and, pretty much to a man, had a total, utter nightmare. It does happen, and I'm not going to cry myself to sleep about it.

Our form this year has been pretty poor, but unfortunately I'm not sure we could expect much more given the lack of new signings. Celtic have been abhorrent too and they only brought in Fox, N'guemo and Fortune - hardly bleeding edge players.

The cruel truth is that both the OF are domestically horrible this year so far, and the the rest of the SPL is considerably worse.

Rangers may manage to punch above our weight in the CL - we may save our very best for there, but we haven't the squad, resources or quality to manage to win every game we play.

Even teams like Manchester United lose to Burnley - it's worth noting we've not lost any matches this year.

End of the day, it was a horror show, but it's way too early in the season to chastise anyone - football is a fickle animal, and it really is the case you're only as good as your last game.

This is not to excuse the display - Walter got team selection wrong, the formation was unclear, and the players were drab beyond words. But I do get a feeling of over reaction when we have a bad 'un.

If we have a bad match, are fans expecting 7 new £5M players, a new management team and an overhaul of club finances overnight to solve it? And if we have a good match are our current players Gods, Walter a genius and the club well run?

This post kinda rambled all over the place, but I'll sign it off on this note:

We had the same reaction last season when we lost to St Mirren - we went onto win the league, but you'd have thought we were about to be relegated in that match...

in all honesty how fleck was included was a typical walter decision,he hasnt kicked a ball on any of his starts ,and to change a team yet again after a good display midweek albeit only in the second half beggars belief....

did smiff wrongly undermine killie by that decision ,thinking it was going to be easy,,,if he did then he was totally wrong..

Enough of that positivity Danny :)

But in all seriousness I am really worried why we start every single game the exact same way. CL hangover or not, it still does not excuse the fact that we are unable to do the very basics.

No denying there's a lack of technical quality at times. Our players do appear to fear the ball and passing movements are rare.

I don't dispute your post really, it frustrates me to see our players slip and stumble all the time, as if balance isn't something they possess.

in all honesty how fleck was included was a typical walter decision,he hasnt kicked a ball on any of his starts ,and to change a team yet again after a good display midweek albeit only in the second half beggars belief....

did smiff wrongly undermine killie by that decision ,thinking it was going to be easy,,,if he did then he was totally wrong..

I agree here too - leaving out 3 of our most important players was folly and arrogant. And Fleck is no Rothen. I did potentially advocate giving Miller a rest, so I won't be too harsh about that one, but leaving out Thomson and Rothen and using Novo (or was it Naismith) on the right really wasn't a good idea.

This Rangers team needs to play a consistent team and its strongest when it can, because even our strongest isn't terrific - so our weaker first 11 is likely to be awful beyond words.

They could go onto beat QoS by a few goals, beat Aberdeen, beat Sevilla and beat celtc and everything will be rosy again. That's the way football works.

But until they can do the very basics you can't see that happening unfortunately.

One word that has been branded about for a while now is attitude. Something we lack. Just take a look at Man Utd today. They turned up with the attitude of Champions, the attitude of we are better than this lot, we will show why we are the best team in the Country and why we are the best team in Manchester. That is what I expect from Rangers!

We need to get our act together! We have plenty of players with bags of ability and we should have what it takes to run away from the tims but here we sit 2nd place 2 points behind. We need to put in a good shift in our next 2 games and hopefully our confidence will be up for the Sevilla & Tims games

They could go onto beat QoS by a few goals, beat Aberdeen, beat Sevilla and beat celtc and everything will be rosy again. That's the way football works.

But until they can do the very basics you can't see that happening unfortunately.

One word that has been branded about for a while now is attitude. Something we lack. Just take a look at Man Utd today. They turned up with the attitude of Champions, the attitude of we are better than this lot, we will show why we are the best team in the Country and why we are the best team in Manchester. That is what I expect from Rangers!

tbf they were up against a City lacking at least 2 of its star men and even then they struggled to get the win :P

I get your point - but imagine we did turn up with that attitude and then put in that display? We'd be slagging our lot off for writing a cheque our performance couldn't cash. All talk and no walk.

I agree here too - leaving out 3 of our most important players was folly and arrogant. And Fleck is no Rothen. I did potentially advocate giving Miller a rest, so I won't be too harsh about that one, but leaving out Thomson and Rothen and using Novo (or was it Naismith) on the right really wasn't a good idea.

This Rangers team needs to play a consistent team and its strongest when it can, because even our strongest isn't terrific - so our weaker first 11 is likely to be awful beyond words.

i had actually forgot about the fact that thommo and rothen had been benched also...cause the fleck inclusion baffled me that much..

spot on mate ,why leave them two out especially rothen after his performance vs stuttgart,,,fuckin mindless

and thommo too,,it just reeks of easy street by smiff tbh,,,WRONG

Just another woeful Rangers performance, we see it most weeks. Lacking the basics, wrong personnel, tactics, no width, quality, pace, balance, no plan B, out fought, playing at pedestrian pace, opposition up for it more, players hiding....wrong attitude. Management not able to raise the players, players not able to raise their game and tempo, even after a half time bollocking. Some of the players were absolutely fucked, their fitness was a worry. Lack of strength and depth in the squad, unable to rest players, players out of position......

New season, same old Rangers. Walter Smith has said on a number of occassions how dissappointed he is with our start to the season, yet our performances are deteriorating. I didn't think we could get any worse than what we served up at Fir Park, well, Saturday at Rugby Park was even worse.

Our away form let's us down once again. Another European hangover, and, we could possibly be 5 points behind the tims, at this early stage, there can be no excuses.

Playing like Barcelona - I don't even expect us to play like their U-16's.

Constantly told that we are a better side than last season, well I don't see it, and, thankfully, celtc look just as bad.

The SPL is pish, and, the Old Firm are hopeless. Failure to win the league this season, and, we are in big trouble!

The performances and attitude must chance now, it begins on Wednesday.

The only positive is celtc are fucking pish!

Both teams will drop a lot of points between now and May, let's hope they drop more.

Our season re-starts on Wednesday!

maybe celtc are pish mate ,but doesnt make us look any better tbh...

its just astounding ,the decisions walter makes ,by dropping players ON FORM and he is renouned for it ,even in his everton days he done it...

why/ fucking why???

it doesnt make sense..

Just another woeful Rangers performance, we see it most weeks. Lacking the basics, wrong personnel, tactics, no width, quality, pace, balance, no plan B, out fought, playing at pedestrian pace, opposition up for it more, players hiding....wrong attitude. Management not able to raise the players, players not able to raise their game and tempo, even after a half time bollocking. Some of the players were absolutely fucked, their fitness was a worry. Lack of strength and depth in the squad, unable to rest players, players out of position......

New season, same old Rangers. Walter Smith has said on a number of occassions how dissappointed he is with our start to the season, yet our performances are deteriorating. I didn't think we could get any worse than what we served up at Fir Park, well, Saturday at Rugby Park was even worse.

Our away form let's us down once again. Another European hangover, and, we could possibly be 5 points behind the tims, at this early stage, there can be no excuses.

Playing like Barcelona - I don't even expect us to play like their U-16's.

Constantly told that we are a better side than last season, well I don't see it, and, thankfully, celtc look just as bad.

The SPL is pish, and, the Old Firm are hopeless. Failure to win the league this season, and, we are in big trouble!

The performances and attitude must chance now, it begins on Wednesday.

totally agree mate ,,and i hate saying it but smith is the common denominator here in all that you have said...

i dont see his thinking ,and i dont think even he does ,how the fuck can he ..theres no explanation tbh

I honestly don't think that was the worst, there was worse away from home last season and also away from home in the league in the Uefa Cup Final season.

Totally inept performances, what we come to expect from sides from Walter Smith in his 2nd spell!

ok my heart on my sleeve here,,i just dont see the way forward under smith,theres no urgency,no fitness and certainly no consistency in team selection and performance,,,his decisions mostly are crap,or unbelievable at best ,just seems he has lost all common sense ,and its about time for fresh ideas..

my opinion,but i feel its plain to see.

ok my heart on my sleeve here,,i just dont see the way forward under smith,theres no urgency,no fitness and certainly no consistency in team selection and performance,,,his decisions mostly are crap,or unbelievable at best ,just seems he has lost all common sense ,and its about time for fresh ideas..

my opinion,but i feel its plain to see.

Smith definitely got it wrong on Saturday, as well as the players having universal shockers. But to suggest he's useless is to dismiss all the progress we've made since January 2007.

And unfortunately, the only way forward for us is moving to England - as long as we're in the SPL it really doesn't matter who our manager is, to an extent, because we'll always have our hands tied.

I honestly don't think that was the worst, there was worse away from home last season and also away from home in the league in the Uefa Cup Final season.

Totally inept performances, what we come to expect from sides from Walter Smith in his 2nd spell!

Oh for goodness sake - you and the other members of the 'negative loyal' need to take a reality check.

Totally inept :lol: performances won us numerous cups, a league title and a UEFA final all in Walters second spell - no wonder you think he and the team are inept! Obviously just a Smith hater. We are unbeaten in 18 games (goes back to March) Its so inept!! Oh dear. :anguish:

Oh for goodness sake - you and the other members of the 'negative loyal' need to take a reality check.

Totally inept :lol: performances won us numerous cups, a league title and a UEFA final all in Walters second spell - no wonder you think he and the team are inept! Obviously just a Smith hater. We are unbeaten in 18 games (goes back to March) Its so inept!! Oh dear. :anguish:

mate we are told we dont need new players,,and although that aint walters fault,we where also told we are stronger this season..i dont see it ,maybe if the correct players and formations are played then maybe slightly tbh,,,,but its just his decision making thats boggling .,,,even you must agree mate ..

mate we are told we dont need new players,,and although that aint walters fault,we where also told we are stronger this season..i dont see it ,maybe if the correct players and formations are played then maybe slightly tbh,,,,but its just his decision making thats boggling .,,,even you must agree mate ..

I dont think we were told we didn't need new players - we were told we couldn't afford new players and the managers job is to work with what he has.

I am not quite ready to stab Walter in the back yet, plenty others doing that to him and the players, - I have a great deal of faith in him to get the best out of a team over a season - no need to panic yet. Sure I dont understand every decision he makes but he gets more right than wrong and he certainly has more experience than I do and given his track record (which is very good in my humble opinion) I am still backing him 100% and the team to get over this blip! Remember we are unbeaten in 18 games and champions.

No we are told we can't get any new players

No we are told we can't get any new players

theres a surprise ,an argumentative post by craigrfc ,lets split hai/rs for arguments sake...why dont you just concentrate on topic for a change and maybe slit your wrist or get a noose out...

Starting games slow and flat is gonna kill us.

I can't remember the last time we came out the traps flying

Well, we actually did that on Saturday, no? For (maybe) the first 5 minutes, anyway. It was hell-bent-for-leather downhill after that, though.