Real Madrid or Barcelona who do u prefer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barcelona; Messi, Xavi, Iniesta :drool:

3 of my favourite players - and all home grown which i like!! i like the fact their star players are small guys but can just rip the piss out of anyone and completely dominate a match!!

i dont like how real madrid are all about big signings right now, i hope they fail

Home-grown? Messi was trained by Barca since 15 or 16, yes, but isn't Catalonian.

make that 11 years old

Fair enough, I also had growth hormone injections too.

is that what gives you all your aggression?

:lol:

What aggression?! haha

I'm not a fan of either to be honest although if I'd have to pick as far as football is concerned I'd have to say Real. As far as politics though I find Real's links to the Franco dictatorship disturbing and am a supporter of the Catalan cause. I actually think Catalonia should be allowed independence.

I'd like that too but would they still be allowed to play in La Liga?

I'm not a fan of either to be honest although if I'd have to pick as far as football is concerned I'd have to say Real. As far as politics though I find Real's links to the Franco dictatorship disturbing and am a supporter of the Catalan cause. I actually think Catalonia should be allowed independence.

I don't see why not. UEFA craps on about not wanting teams to play in other countries leagues but Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport County play in England. Monaco plays in France, San Marino plays in Italy and Andorra plays in Spain. So I can't imagine that they would ban Barcelona from playing in La Liga if Catalonia became independent.

I don't see why not. UEFA craps on about not wanting teams to play in other countries leagues but Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport County play in England. Monaco plays in France, San Marino plays in Italy and Andorra plays in Spain. So I can't imagine that they would ban Barcelona from playing in La Liga if Catalonia became independent.

Monaco sprung to mind when I asked, hope you'd be right.

Football - Barca

Politics - Madrid

:pipe:

A supporter of the Generalissimo are we?

I'm not a particularly big fan of military coups Manti, but give me that over bomb throwing any day.

Well catalan nationalists have never used terrorism to any extent.

But the link between Franco and Real is undeniable, so for me supporting real madrid amounts to supporting a highly RC Fascist dictatorship - that's not for me.

A plague on both their houses.

Football - Barca

Politics - Madrid

:pipe:

A supporter of the Generalissimo are we?

I'm not a particularly big fan of military coups Manti, but give me that over bomb throwing any day.

Well catalan nationalists have never used terrorism to any extent.

But the link between Franco and Real is undeniable, so for me supporting real madrid amounts to supporting a highly RC Fascist dictatorship - that's not for me.

A plague on both their houses.

It's definitely a case of picking the best from a bad bunch and, unless I was pressed or the question was posed, I wouldn't say I have a big interest in either club.

Still, had my tour of the Camp Nou and Barcelona's a wonderful city - and they play excellent football.

Madrid are the team for me!

They are the ( protestant team ) not that it matters ( it does ) and Barca have their shpeshul relationship with then¬

They are both Catholic teams. Spain's one of the most Catholic countries in the world. Madrid are the royalist team and Barcelona the rebels

To be honest i couldn't give a monkeys about either one of them. Outside of Rangers I like to see the team playing the best football winning so at the moment that would be Barca

Couldn't have put it better myself (tu)