***The Official TUF 10 Thread***

Polo

Now there's a fair chance this thread will die a very quick death but I'll give it a shot anyway :)

For those who haven't been watching, this season's coaches are Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans and the fighters are heavyweights. There's a lot of friction between the coaches but the recent news that Rampage has quit the UFC means we won't get to see them face off at the end of the season. Among the 'cast' are a few former NFL brutes and two reasonably big name fighters - former IFL champion Roy Nelson and youtube legend Kimbo Slice.

I don't really know too much about most of the fighters in this series and heavyweights aren't usually the best to watch but I'm expecting some serious knock-outs.

The first fight was absolutely brutal and the second was a complete slug-fest. The early signs seem to suggest that this season will be less about technique than its predecessors. The first fight saw Jon basically lie on top of his opponent (can't remember his name) for 3 rounds and batter fuck out of the side of his face. Not pretty and it should have been stopped :pipe:

The second saw Rashad's first pick, James McSweeney, against ex-NFL brute Wes Shivers. McSweeney won a decision but I thought the fight should have probably gone to a third round. I wasn't impressed with McSweeney at all considering how much he was being bigged up by Evans before the fight. Fair enough, he was giving away a lot of height, reach and weight, but if he wants to become TUF then he's going to have to buck up his ideas. Shivers was out on his feet after the first round - shades of Dave Faulkner last year.

Next up - Kimbo vs Roy Nelson. If it stays standing then you've got to favour Kimbo - he's fucked if he's taken down though.

Anyone else getting into it this year??

Ive been trying to but its on at such a stupid time and channel, I thought ESPN were showing it?

Going to have to set it up to tape every week and watch it when I get the chance

(tu) The series link works a treat. It was shite when Setanta had it as I never had a clue when it was meant to be on. Pretty sure they missed out some of last year's episodes too :anguish:

Can't wait for Saturday's episode :)

Both fights were awful! I thought McSweeney would be a lot better and the first guy will get demolished against anyone who has a 1/10th of a ground game.

I have a feeling if Slice goes in with a proper gameplan he can win, depends if the fight stays on the feet and Nelson wants to slug it out.

Both fights were awful! I thought McSweeney would be a lot better and the first guy will get demolished against anyone who has a 1/10th of a ground game.

I have a feeling if Slice goes in with a proper gameplan he can win, depends if the fight stays on the feet and Nelson wants to slug it out.

(tu) Or anyone who even remotely knows how to defend a takedown. That was embarrassing!

yeah i've missed this but will now try and watch it on 5

any see crocop fight the other night? i dunno how he can have such a bad run of fights....

Yeah I watched most of it but fast forwarded bits on Sky +. He looked pretty wary of Dos Santos to be honest and it was a pretty unsatisfying stoppage!

im off to watch the latest episode now, im enjoying this series but to say its better than TUF9 is a joke

Who said that? <cr>

Just watched the episode now. Pretty poor stoppage in the end! If Kimbo had managed to keep it standing for a bit longer he could have had him!

• 3 weeks later...