Substitutions

Muff

I thought Walter Smith got it pretty much spot on tonight, up until the 2nd Sevilla goal. After that had went in, the heads went down, and we completely lost our way. The game was crying out for a change, a double change at that.

Instead, Walter Smith came down pitch side, and stood around both Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall staring into that ridiculous clipboard like they do every week. The players had been running up and down the touchline for ages, they had been stretching, and were ready to be brought on, yet our manager still refused to bring them on.

Bang, we fall apart once again, and Luis Fabiano makes it 3-0, good night, thanks for coming. There were 9 minutes before the 2nd and 3rd goal, and a change could possibly have changed the game - not certain of course, but you never know unless you show some balls, and change it around.

Then they decide to make a double substitution - Novo and Boyd on. Why not make that after Sevilla's 2nd?

Now we see this time and time again with Walter Smith - failure to act quickly, a plan b, trying to change the game, in this case get back into it as quickly as possible, as at 2-0 down, there was still a slight possibility.

Something that has alway's annoyed me with Walter Smith, and it will never change. It's a massive part of football, some manager's know how to change a game, others don't.

I thought Walter Smith got it pretty much spot on tonight, up until the 2nd Sevilla goal. After that had went in, the heads went down, and we completely lost our way. The game was crying out for a change, a double change at that.

Instead, Walter Smith came down pitch side, and stood around both Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall staring into that ridiculous clipboard like they do every week. The players had been running up and down the touchline for ages, they had been stretching, and were ready to be brought on, yet our manager still refused to bring them on.

Bang, we fall apart once again, and Luis Fabiano makes it 3-0, good night, thanks for coming. There were 9 minutes before the 2nd and 3rd goal, and a change could possibly have changed the game - not certain of course, but you never know unless you show some balls, and change it around.

Then they decide to make a double substitution - Novo and Boyd on. Why not make that after Sevilla's 2nd?

Now we see this time and time again with Walter Smith - failure to act quickly, a plan b, trying to change the game, in this case get back into it as quickly as possible, as at 2-0 down, there was still a slight possibility.

Something that has alway's annoyed me with Walter Smith, and it will never change. It's a massive part of football, some manager's know how to change a game, others don't.

walter has one,or 2 choices 2 make,1 is change it when we have 15min(or when were 2 nil down) to go or change it when where 3-0 down.

Walter's "Lost 20 minutes" between falling a goal down and the substitutions, in my opinion, warrants a public apology.

You lost us the game tonight Watty my friend (tu)

Don't agree with that, you can't pin the whole loss and performance on Walter's substitutions. I do think we should have brought Boyd and Novo earlier, but saying that's the only reason we lost is not accurate, as the referee played a big part in making several questionable calls, and the players must take partial blame for getting caught out of position defensively several times.

Walter's "Lost 20 minutes" between falling a goal down and the substitutions, in my opinion, warrants a public apology.

Don't agree with that, you can't pin the whole loss and performance on Walter's substitutions. I do think we should have brought Boyd and Novo earlier, but saying that's the only reason we lost is not accurate, as the referee played a big part in making several questionable calls, and the players must take partial blame for getting caught out of position defensively several times.

ur point is taken texas,but here is the big but,if rangers scored there shots on target.we would be winners,we are no so that means we are not,so we are not good enough.

Obviously we didnt lose because of that decision, that was just a turn of phrase - but it was a massive turning point in the course of the game.

we were still in it at that point, and if the fresh impetus - and goal - the substitutions brought us on 70minutes, had come when we were 1-0 down, it would have been a different game.

The longer Watty went on without changing it - 20 minutes altogether - you could literally see the heads go down of the fans and the players

Atrocious bit of management, and the 9 minute wait after the SECOND went in was quite frankly absurd.

It was the UEFA Cup final all over again. Minutes are ticking away and we are 2-0 down, what does the manager do? Start writing notes on that stupid clipboard. What the f**k can he put on paper that has any relevance to that situation? OK, we had no chance once the second goal went in but he should have been taking action immediately, not go into one of his three monkey conferences.

The amount of time it takes us to make a sub is a joke. The pissing about before hand is embarrassing, the failure to know how to change a game, and mix it up has gone on for far too long.

It happens all the time.

Not sure it warrants a public apology, but I'd be more than welcoming of an explanation as to why they dither over that fucking notepad for ten minutes every time we concede a goal!

When it was 1-0 I was begging him to make a change.

There was no need for McCulloch and Thomson in the team together when we are 1-0 down.

McCulloch off and Novo/Beasley on was what I wanted.

Mcculloch was one of the best players in the midfield, i would have taken off thomson he was giving the ball away to much in dangerous areas