Mendes out for two months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8318132.stm

Rangers midfielder Pedro Mendes has been ruled out for at least two months with a knee injury.

The Portuguese damaged his medial ligament in Wednesday's Champions League defeat by Unirea Urziceni.

Mendes, 29, will have the injury re-assessed when the swelling subsides. He has established himself as a first-team regular in Walter Smith's side.

The midfielder signed from English Premier League outfit Portsmouth for £3m in August 2008.

Mendes, whose shot deflected off Marius Bilasco to give Rangers an early lead against the Romanians at Ibrox, was replaced at half-time by Kyle Lafferty

looks like last nights substitution wasn't tactical

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers midfielder Pedro Mendes has been ruled out for at least two months with a knee injury.

The Portuguese damaged his medial ligament in Wednesday's Champions League defeat by Unirea Urziceni.

Mendes, 29, will have the injury re-assessed when the swelling subsides. He has established himself as a first-team regular in Walter Smith's side.

The midfielder signed from English Premier League outfit Portsmouth for £3m in August 2008.

Mendes, whose shot deflected off Marius Bilasco to give Rangers an early lead against the Romanians at Ibrox, was replaced at half-time by Kyle Lafferty.

Back in time for someone to buy him in January!

Mendes, whose shot deflected off Marius Bilasco to give Rangers an early lead against the Romanians at Ibrox, was replaced at half-time by Kyle Lafferty.

Great first post....... :sherlock:

I saw Mendes getting lifted into a car after full time.

He had been on crutches from half-time by the looks of it, literally needed lifted into the car, which I couldn't help but notice broke down about 200 yards down the road! :lol:

Was it Gillian's?

I saw Mendes getting lifted into a car after full time.

He had been on crutches from half-time by the looks of it, literally needed lifted into the car, which I couldn't help but notice broke down about 200 yards down the road! :lol:

Was it Gillian's?

Gillian's? :lol:

out for two months, Edu story now on sky sports, Bougherra obviously wanting away, no money for players in jan - the fans of other clubs are going to be loving every minute of this especially after all the pish about leaving the SPL - what a shambles

Fudgie One minute ago Post #434

top man

Group:Admin

Member#36

dubcentral21 Oct 2009, 11:10 AM

Mendes out for two months!He'll be back in time to be sold in January

Interesting this was posted on kerrydale street a few minutes before this was posted on here...... :sherlock:

although his performaces nowadays are questionable, injuries are really not what we need at a time like this...

last nights result, edu's abuse, now this.. things are just gettin worse by the minute.

Loads of new members topday......

aye, suprisingly enough i only found out bout this forum last night..

although his performaces nowadays are questionable, injuries are really not what we need at a time like this...

last nights result, edu's abuse, now this.. things are just gettin worse by the minute.

yup, noticed that myself GCL

hmmmmmmm

i aint some infiltrating celtic fan if thats what you think lmao

yup, noticed that myself GCL

hmmmmmmm

i aint some infiltrating celtic fan if thats what you think lmao

How can we be sure, you do sound suss!