Most overated current bear?

Danny

Guest TheQueensXI

hutton. has good performances against some teams and really bad ones against top spl teams. doesnt cut the mustard.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has to be Charlie Adam for me. Although young and has time to improve he regularly falls short of what we as a team expect from him. Decent crossing and incisive passing are all to often missing.

Guest TheQueensXI
hutton. has good performances against some teams and really bad ones against top spl teams. doesnt cut the mustard.

Hutton is just rank rotten altogeher!

i agree, but he does show flashes of decency now and again, but otherwise he is pish under any sort of pressure.

Has to be Charlie Adam for me. Although young and has time to improve he regularly falls short of what we as a team expect from him. Decent crossing and incisive passing are all to often missing.

Agreed. It makes me sick when people compare him to Albertz. :angry:

Here's a nice wee controversial topic for you all; who do you believe is the player we're currently overating the most?

For me it's Stevie Smith. Good potential, but SO much to learn, and imo nowhere near as impressive as other fans portray.

By several hundred miles the one and only useless barsteward......BUFFEL !!!!!!! (beer)

Why is this thread even here?

Why do we need MORE debate on the Rangers players we don't like but worded in a different way?

I'm actually quite disgusted by this. Hutton, Charlie Adam and McGregor have at times saved us this season. They aren't supposed to be playing every game but they are. They're still young and relatively inexperienced and are doing well comparatively to other teams who've chucked the kids in eg: Hibs (who win 3-0 then get pumped 3-0) and motherwell (who finished bottom of the league first time they did it).

In my eyes they aren't over rated at all, you folks just don't seem to like them.

Theres maybe a reason why our players have practically no confidence in themselves - us.

One bad pass greeted by 50,000 groans, sighs and jeers to any professional will affect them, the fact that we're doing it to guys younger than I am these days? No wonder theres no creativity, its a case of hot potato, get the ball and get rid of it.

Don't you guys get it at all?

Why do we need MORE debate on the Rangers players we don't like but worded in a different way?

I'm actually quite disgusted by this. Hutton, Charlie Adam and McGregor have at times saved us this season. They aren't supposed to be playing every game but they are. They're still young and relatively inexperienced and are doing well comparatively to other teams who've chucked the kids in eg: Hibs (who win 3-0 then get pumped 3-0) and motherwell (who finished bottom of the league first time they did it).

In my eyes they aren't over rated at all, you folks just don't seem to like them.

Theres maybe a reason why our players have practically no confidence in themselves - us.

One bad pass greeted by 50,000 groans, sighs and jeers to any professional will affect them, the fact that we're doing it to guys younger than I am these days? No wonder theres no creativity, its a case of hot potato, get the ball and get rid of it.

Excellent post, I was starting to lose faith for a minute there as I read through all our own fans tearing our own players to shreds?? WTF is that all about.

At this stage we should be getting behind all our players, particularly the ones we seem to be derisory about in this thread.

Stevie Smith in particular was one of the highlights of PLG's short reign, ever present for ages and never let the team down. Allan McGregor may have his deficiencies but he made the goalkeeping slot his own despite PLG bringing in his own man and making it clear his initial preference, ffs McGregor won player of the month in November didn't he? He has also saved us many many times with some very good saves. Hutton has had his detractors and I have been one of them but he always gives 100% and has improved dramatically this season and particularly in the last few weeks.

I honestly felt like I was on the wrong forum when I was reading through the first dozen posts, it easily could have been a Celtic forum having a good go at Rangers deficiencies.

In these dark times if we can jump on a few good performances and hold them up as examples for others in the team and if we can encourage our players by highlighting their positives rather than their negatives then I think we should grab the opportunity rather than labelling it as over-rating sub-standard players. Just my opinion of course

McGregor, Hutton, Sionko, Burke, Adam, Novo, Murray, Svensson are all rated to play for Rangers and I don't think any of them are good enough to play forRangers. Therefor I think they are all over rated.

I find it amazing that most of the replies in this thread are negative about the Scottish players. Ever since we started signing lots of foreigners, we as a group of fans have treated the Scottish players breaking through like shit.

I'd have to say Sionko has yet to show anything in a Rangers jersey.

For me there is Sionko, he's a poor mans Kanchelskis. Thats bad.

From a football point of view Novo. 10 out of 10 for effort but technically he is poor.

Adam. Not fit enough, drifts out of games too easily.

all i see about the players mentioned is pelters day in day out, with the odd 'potential' comment thrown in.

None of these players are over-rated because the vast majority of fans don't seem to rate them at all.

Hutton gets dogs abuse, if he is over-rated then he should be playing for my sunday team because i swear my right back would get less abuse than Hutton does!

I agree with absolutely everything that is said in this post. Couldn't have put it any better. About time some people start to wake up and realise what the meaning of the word SUPPORTER is. It certainly doesn't mean systematically slating every member of the team at any available opportunity. Get behind the bloody players instead of bringing them down. I am sure that will help their confidence. doh

This the easiest question ever! Barry Ferguson...absolutely no question...certainly on barrymedia anyway.

(tu)

Second best midfielder in Britain apparently? :lol:

Yes...it must be true as over 50% of barrymedia posters voted so ;)

This the easiest question ever! Barry Ferguson...absolutely no question...certainly on barrymedia anyway.

(tu)

Thats not fair, he was only second best because their was no option in there for "No, he is better than Gerrard"

Excellent post, I was starting to lose faith for a minute there as I read through all our own fans tearing our own players to shreds?? WTF is that all about.

At this stage we should be getting behind all our players, particularly the ones we seem to be derisory about in this thread.

Stevie Smith in particular was one of the highlights of PLG's short reign, ever present for ages and never let the team down. Allan McGregor may have his deficiencies but he made the goalkeeping slot his own despite PLG bringing in his own man and making it clear his initial preference, ffs McGregor won player of the month in November didn't he? He has also saved us many many times with some very good saves. Hutton has had his detractors and I have been one of them but he always gives 100% and has improved dramatically this season and particularly in the last few weeks.

I honestly felt like I was on the wrong forum when I was reading through the first dozen posts, it easily could have been a Celtic forum having a good go at Rangers deficiencies.

In these dark times if we can jump on a few good performances and hold them up as examples for others in the team and if we can encourage our players by highlighting their positives rather than their negatives then I think we should grab the opportunity rather than labelling it as over-rating sub-standard players. Just my opinion of course

Excellent couple of posts here, I had been trying to say this throughout this thread also, but generally falling on deaf ears, or however it falls on screen blind eyes maybe i dunno :rolleyes:

God forbid Rangers supporters should show some support for their best player and captain. :rolleyes:

I do support our best player. I do support the captain of our club.

I acknowledge that he is our best player and perhaps the best midfielder in Scotland. But no way is he the 2nd best midfielder in Britain and I will not pretend to myself he is.

God forbid Rangers supporters should show some support for their best player and captain. :rolleyes:

I do support our best player. I do support the captain of our club.

I acknowledge that he is our best player and perhaps the best midfielder in Scotland. But no way is he the 2nd best midfielder in Britain and I will not pretend to myself he is.

In your opinion. ;)

I think he is easily top 5.

I agree with absolutely everything that is said in this post. Couldn't have put it any better. About time some people start to wake up and realise what the meaning of the word SUPPORTER is. It certainly doesn't mean systematically slating every member of the team at any available opportunity. Get behind the bloody players instead of bringing them down. I am sure that will help their confidence. doh

Both of you need to realise though that by considering a player overated, does that mean we're not supporting him? Quite the opposite I'd have thought. In fact, if anything it's the player who we think others rate too highly that I find we tend to want to share our fellow supporters' praise of them - and we keep willing that player on to show us what they're about. I know I support all Rangers players 100% and, for example, in Smith's case, I keep willing him on to learn and improve. Is that me or anyone else chastising him?

Having an opinion about who you believe gets more credit than you think they deserve doesn't mean you're not supporting the club. It just means you have a different opinion.

We don't all favour the same players, so are those players we favour less evidence of our own lack of support for the side?

For example, I saw a thread slating Rae before the game in Israel; it was a pretty poor show imo, but it did not mean any of these supporters would be on Rae's back from the first kick to the last or supporting the club less.

We're all allowed to have different opinions; doesn't make any of us less. Well, the insults could be toned down a tad, tbh.

(tu)

Thats not fair, he was only second best because their was no option in there for "No, he is better than Gerrard"

LOL...never thought of that.

God forbid Rangers supporters should show some support for their best player and captain. rolleyes.gif

Not hysterically over rating a player is not failing to support him is it?