'The bank has taken over the club'?

Boab

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guidi on Clyde asked him to repeat it and he did.

If the bank is now running the club - forget about any player investment. Would it also not mean that any buyer would need to pay a king's ransom to clear the debt leaving less for any investment. The product on offer will be of minimal interest to serious business men as SDM outsourced much of the profit making parts of the club e,g. property was sold and the catering reevenues are owned by others.

:anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish:

McCoist's comments were a bit odd as well. I think something is about to happen.

What did McCoist say ?

He was asked about the possibility of new owners wanting a new management team. And he replied to something along the lines off, ''First and foremost, as a fan I want what's best for Rangers.''

It was a strange one if you ask me.

McCoist's comments were a bit odd as well. I think something is about to happen.

What did McCoist say ?

He was asked about the possibility of new owners wanting a new management team. And he replied to something along the lines off, ''First and foremost, as a fan I want what's best for Rangers.''

It was a strange one if you ask me.

(tu) Thanks mate

I hear Walter say that as well.

When Alistair Johnston took over a chairmain did he not say something like if the bank were running the club then he would not be in the job?

Yep (tu)

So, who is telling the truth?

Alistair Johnston and Martin Bain have both said they are not, Walter Smith say's they are. Lying bastards!

I would believe Walter over the other two especially Bain

I would beleve Walter - he's probably realising that things as going to get worse, come Jan if we sell anyone he's going to get no money to replace them.

When Alistair Johnston took over a chairmain did he not say something like if the bank were running the club then he would not be in the job?

He did indeed say that. Did anyone else hear Chick & Traynor saying on radio Scotland that Dave King was most likely to buy the club ?

Wouldn't the bank only step in if we didn't pay our repayments or couldn't ? Banks cant just step in willy nilly if we are paying off what we should, when we should under the terms of the loan.........................surely <cr>

He did indeed say that. Did anyone else hear Chick & Traynor saying on radio Scotland that Dave King was most likely to buy the club ?

Who is Dave King? background etc anyone know

There was the aftermatch press confrence on Clyde at about 17:45pm.

It was raised by a journo (think Guidi), asked WS about the interview with Chick Younf and asked him if he could confirm his comments about the bank running the club, after a bit of evasion by Walter he kind of re-iterated it.

Guidi pushed him by asking about Bain & Johnstone who both stated that the bank was NOT running the club & again asked Walter if he would confirm his comments

Walter said (and i am paraphrasing) ... "i've just told you they are, there is a representative on the board from the bank .. to me that means they are running it."

If Walter is saying this, and we have no reason to disbelieve him ... then Bain & Johnston have told outright lies to the fans & the press.

Now, would Walter be given a dressing down by the board, if so .. would he stand for it or would he leave !!

Certainly, the next week or so will be a turbulant time for the club, it's players & most importantly ... the fans.

The press will be all over us for the possible selling of the club & the fall-out from Walter's press conference.

That was also being talked about on clyde 1, im not sure if im keen on Dave King tbh.