***The Official Dundee United 0 v 1 Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong here, but didn't it used to be Postponed = Replay, Abandoned = Result? :unsure:

I think there did used to be a rule along those lines but the match had to be reasonably far on (e.g 75 mins). Can't remember what the cut off was

Thats a total joke of a desisison

fucking arabs didnt do a damn thing to try and help get the water off the pitch

fucking joke

What do you want them to do, forking the pitch ain't going to help the pitch was only going to get worse and start cutting up.

how will we ever know if forking the pitch would have helped, they diddnt even bloddy try

imho that pitch is playable

For fuck sake :angry:

Calling a game off because of rain, fucking man up and take it.

Feel sorry for those Bears who have travelled a fair distance to get up there.

To be fair...it was the ref's decision....not the players!

Yes, I'm aware of that but I just want to see us play football and get the result :anguish:

Nothing less than cheating by calling a replay at this stage, apaprently it was fine to start with and now you cant play now we are suddenly 1-0 up at half-time?

Obvious cheating.

Shame of the referee and Dundee United.

Bullshit & talk about paranoia !!!

The pitch is completely unplayable & it's obvious to anyone with a modicum of commen sense.

I have played in much worse conditions in this, if i a total amateur football player can play in it then professionals can.

that would be down to ignorance of the risks rather than being a "tough" man and playing through that kind of playing field.

This is a game & it's not worth the risk of a dangerous incident occuring where a player could come to harm ... broken leg or worse.

Nothing less than cheating by calling a replay at this stage, apaprently it was fine to start with and now you cant play now we are suddenly 1-0 up at half-time?

Obvious cheating.

The pitch is completely unplayable & it's obvious to anyone with a modicum of commen sense.

I have played in much worse conditions in this, if i a total amateur football player can play in it then professionals can.

that would be down to ignorance of the risks rather than being a "tough" man and playing through that kind of playing field.

This is a game & it's not worth the risk of a dangerous incident occuring where a player could come to harm ... broken leg or worse.

Funny i didn't see a single injury apart from a cut on someones cheek from an accidental high boot in that game. :rolleyes:

A game involving Turkey during Euro 2008 had worse wet conditions than this, and that game was completed.

I remember that, this is bullshit!

I think you'll find the rain stopped in that game.

If the rain had continued, that game would have also been abandoned.

Do I get my money from the bookies back then?

If the bet's been settled then you can still collect your winnings, if not you can get your money back...I think.

Yeh its burst I had boyd 1st scorer, I have a coupon on aswell with us in it. Will that be counted as a non runner?

Correct call IMO.

1 mistake and we lose a goal or player

Common sense by the referee

(tu)

There were a couple of times (at least) in the 1st half when the ball slowed or stopped in standing water, therefore the correct decision has been made according to the rules. Unfortunately I can see Dundee from my house and the rain is now easing off!! The pitch would only have gotten worse though.

Obvious cheating.

Funny i didn't see a single injury apart from a cut on someones cheek from an accidental high boot in that game. :rolleyes:

Thats very specious reasoning .... because it hasn't happened, it means it won't !!!

Doesn't work like that, it only takes one freak occurence & bang ... McGregor gets a kick to the face or Davis falls under a late tackle because the ball isn't where you think it would be.

Thats a total joke of a desisison

fucking arabs didnt do a damn thing to try and help get the water off the pitch

fucking joke

What do you want them to do, forking the pitch ain't going to help the pitch was only going to get worse and start cutting up.

how will we ever know if forking the pitch would have helped, they diddnt even bloddy try

imho that pitch is playable

Well in the opinion of the people who actually inspected the pitch (and WS agrees), it's not playable.

Let's suck it up, man up and see it as a bonus. By the replay we may have Bougherra back

Cheating bastards

Conditions were only going to get worse, nothing really could be done by Dundee Utd it's just one of those things.

I add again - no groundsmen at HT. They would have been out in mass if they were winning 1-0

Unless they had a water pump too sook the water up they were nothing they could do, it's just one of those things.

Games have been played in much worse conditions. Are you saying that it is acceptable that they did not have the ground staff out at half time?

Not anymore they don't, player safety was up for debate and if somebody picked up a bad injury we would have been up in arms.

Ground staff couldn't do anything with the pitch it had so much standing water on it, that water ain't going to disappear. It's only going to damage the pitch and start to cut up as players slide about more.

The refs make a decision on the pitch, and take into consideration on how the weather is looking for the 2nd half. It's frustrating cause we were 1-0 up but it was the right decision.