Graeme Souness

He jumped ship to go to Liverpool, why welcome him back? Souness did well because he had the money.

I can only presume the people who aim this stuff at souness weren't around at the time

Souness was happy to stay to the end of the season but , rightly, Sir David asked him to leave stright away so i wouldn't call it jumping ship exactly. Also souness didn't just spend money he brought a whole attitude and swagger to ibrox that stayed with us for many years after he left.

Souness has recently being slaggin off modern professionals attitde and said he would never manage them now, he ain't coming back.

He jumped ship to go to Liverpool, why welcome him back? Souness did well because he had the money.

I can only presume the people who aim this stuff at souness weren't around at the time

Souness was happy to stay to the end of the season but , rightly, Sir David asked him to leave stright away so i wouldn't call it jumping ship exactly. Also souness didn't just spend money he brought a whole attitude and swagger to ibrox that stayed with us for many years after he left.

Souness has recently being slaggin off modern professionals attitde and said he would never manage them now, he ain't coming back.

Ouch! I have to agree

Souness is a legend, but I wouldn't take him back as manager. Too many character clashes over the years, what he says about the modern professionals rings true, but the fact is modern managers need to adapt to this......not roll over but strike a balance and understanding.....and I think he failed in this respect later in his career.

I'm sure Sir Alex Ferguson, for example, put up with a lot more from Ronaldo than he would have done in the 80s and 90s. You have to change with the times.

Souness is a legend, but I wouldn't take him back as manager. Too many character clashes over the years, what he says about the modern professionals rings true, but the fact is modern managers need to adapt to this......not roll over but strike a balance and understanding.....and I think he failed in this respect later in his career.

I'm sure Sir Alex Ferguson, for example, put up with a lot more from Ronaldo than he would have done in the 80s and 90s. You have to change with the times.

Maybe mate, but, changing too far is not a good thing. Manager should be in charge, not vice versa, and, sadly, that isnt always the case anymore.

Wouldnt be a bad director of football though I think, shit, even have him in the lounge having a cuppa so he can beat the piss out of lazy players!

I was around long before Souness, he preferred Liverpool to Rangers.

I hate these "He'd put a rocket up these players" claims about Souness. He had the same abilities at all the other clubs did he not and has been sacked from pretty much every job since leaving us!

What you forget is he gave our club its heart back again.

Over 20 years ago mate.

I'm sure every fan will always be greatful to Souness for doing that but let's leave the memories as that.

Trying to relive glory days from twenty years ago will not make things any better in the here and now.

Over 20 years ago mate.

I'm sure every fan will always be greatful to Souness for doing that but let's leave the memories as that.

Trying to relive glory days from twenty years ago will not make things any better in the here and now.

Sorry mate but memories is all we have got at the moment when you look at the mess the club is in.

Over 20 years ago mate.

Sorry mate but memories is all we have got at the moment when you look at the mess the club is in.

They are.

So why risk tarnishing them by bringing a legend back to try and do a job that is becoming almost impossible?

As I said I appreciate what Souness did for us, but I want us to look frowards not backwards (like we did when we went for Smith)

Over 20 years ago mate.

No, better to live in the now, and, the heart and quality the club is showing eh? :P

If he had the money, I would have Souness in as owner

Over 20 years ago mate.

They are.

So why risk tarnishing them by bringing a legend back to try and do a job that is becoming almost impossible?

As I said I appreciate what Souness did for us, but I want us to look frowards not backwards (like we did when we went for Smith)

Dado i cant even be bothered to argue about it, i am getting to old and weary and sick of the mess that Murray has left our club in. :(

Who out there,would welcome a NEW SOUNESS REVOLUTION ? :h34rt: im thinkin that he has unfinished business here,as he knows he was in the wrong when he left for liverpool.

As much as I like Graeme - it's a Fans (Peoples) Revolution we need this time!

We need to go to a system where no one person owns more than 10-20% of Rangers FC! :pipe:

Over 20 years ago mate.

No, better to live in the now, and, the heart and quality the club is showing eh? :P

If he had the money, I would have Souness in as owner

Did I say it was? :P

I don't want to live in the past and the here and now isn't that great either. However I fail to see what's wrong for striving for a new owner and a completely new manager who can build a new legacy at Rangers.

As for Souness being owner, as far as I know the guy has next to no real business experience and as a manager a history of throwing money at a situation to try and solve it.

And you would happily hand him the reigns of one of Britains biggest football clubs.

Thats letting your heart rule your head a little bit is it not?