***The Official Unirea Urziceni v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee McCulloch looks like being back for this one - he, and Rothen should be nowhere near the starting 11.

They should be nowhere near the fucking squad.

It's a waste of air miles bringing Lee McCulloch.

He's wasting the air that I have to breathe. :craphead:

If Walter goes 4-5-1 tomorrow and/or plays McCulloch then I will be most displeased.

Thinking about that actually, what would we say if McCulloch started at CB, scored, and got MOTM in a Gers win?

Then we would be delighted. Believe it or not, I put the team ahead of agendas against players! I want every player to play a blinder in every game they play.

Glad I'm not the only one (tu)

To hear some people on here say they want players to have bad games astounds me.

If Walter goes 4-5-1 tomorrow and/or plays McCulloch then I will be most displeased.

Thinking about that actually, what would we say if McCulloch started at CB, scored, and got MOTM in a Gers win?

I'd be over the moon with that. However I've heard him being touted as the unlikely hero on numerous occasions, and it's never happened.

Weir emerged ashen-faced from the Ibrox dressing room following the 4-1 defeat to Unirea a fortnight ago to offer his view that Rangers’ performance on the night was far below what was acceptable.

He has been heartened, though, by recent league displays against Hibernian and Dundee United and hoped the Ibrox side could extend that upward trajectory by winning in Bucharest this evening.

“I wouldn’t say it was a freak night as that makes it look like we played all right and we maybe deserved more but I don’t think we deserved anything out of the game,” he added. “The scoreline was a bit harsh on us but I don’t think we played well enough to take anything out of the game.

“We hadn’t been playing well enough but, apart from the Sevilla match, we hadn’t lost many games. But we hadn’t been playing well. However, since the Unirea game we’ve played a bit better against Hibs and Dundee United.

“We have been looking a bit more like ourselves so, hopefully, that was the wake-up call we needed. There had to be a response because losing at home is not acceptable, regardless of the competition.”

Victory this evening would maintain Rangers’ hopes of reaching
the last 16 of the Champions League and Weir, for one, has not given up on that dream.

“If everybody is honest, we all expected the group to pan out with Sevilla taking the majority of the points because of the quality they’ve got. But second spot is still up for grabs, although we’ve made it tough for ourselves by losing two home games – they’re the ones you think you have a better chance of winning.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/ra...ksEnabled=false

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:thomson:

:Naismith: :davis: :fleck:

:boyd: :miller:

Never thought I'd start Boyd in a Champions League game but we've played well against Hibs and Dundee United with almost the same formation. Whittaker looked up for it today. (tu)

Lafferty shouldn't start for a while and the difference Wilson's pace gives to the defense compared to Weir and McCulloch is night and day.

(tu) would agree with that team, think Boyd has merited a start as has danny wilson.

what will probably happen is laffery will play in stead of fleck

mcculloch instead of wilson

rothen instead of boyd:

think wattie will play:

mcgregor

whittaker

Weir

Mcculloch

Papac

Lafferty

Naismith

Davis

Thomson

Rothen

Miller

We've never won or scored in Romania, but a win is almost a must. Can we do it? Yes, but it will have to be some performance tonight.

You've got to remember this is Unirea's (so called) home game and they will be urged to go forward from their fans. Now we saw them get everyone behind the ball and then break on us via the counter-attack at Ibrox, now they will be some-what forced to be more positive, so there could be a chance that we could find alot more space and time to try and get a goal or two.

If we can defend properly, keep possession and not panic which we tend to do, there is a real chance for us tonight.

I really hope Rothen and McCulloch stay at the hotel tonight!

If Rothen gives us a Stuttgart-style performance, I'd be happy to see him play.

Worked his rear end off that night, and put in some great balls.

But on recent form, you're spot on.

I really hope Rothen and McCulloch stay at the hotel tonight!

If Rothen gives us a Stuttgart-style performance, I'd be happy to see him play.

Worked his rear end off that night, and put in some great balls.

But on recent form, you're spot on.

One good display.

In a lot of ways it seems that night was a one of.

I can't for the life of me see why Walter would play Rothen on the right of midifield after the torrid time Brandan gave him and Whittaker at Ibrox. I don't think he should start, but if we get a lead and want to keep possession I wouldn't mind him coming on.

If we are going to play 4-5-1 with a holding midfielder I would rather it be Jordan McMillan than McCulloch.

McMillan isn't in the squad according to the BBC.

The squad;

Rangers: (from) McGregor, Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McCulloch, Lafferty, Davis, Thomson, Rothen, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Beasley, Smith, Fleck, Boyd, Wilson, Alexander.

If we are going to play 4-5-1 with a holding midfielder I would rather it be Jordan McMillan than McCulloch.

McMillan isn't in the squad according to the BBC.

The squad;

Rangers: (from) McGregor, Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McCulloch, Lafferty, Davis, Thomson, Rothen, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Beasley, Smith, Fleck, Boyd, Wilson, Alexander.

Beasley :(