Rangers Vs LA Galaxy

feda16

Evening Times reported yesterday that Rangers are in talks to play against an MLS All-star select a couple weeks after the end of the SPL season, this would be Beckhams 1st game playing in the States.

Evening Times reported yesterday that Rangers are in talks to play against an MLS All-star select a couple weeks after the end of the SPL season, this would be Beckhams 1st game playing in the States.

Yes... and we'd be crazy not to take the offer. It would Becks' 1st game. Imagine the coverage? And the other team is?

The Famous Glasgow Rangers!!!!!!!

Yes... and we'd be crazy not to take the offer. It would Becks' 1st game. Imagine the coverage? And the other team is?

Would be very good financially also would be great to stuff Beckham and his new team, as I can't stand him!!

They also said that were had been offered to tour numerous countries and that Rangers Board/ Management Team was looking into them as to whether its worth it or not.

Would be very good financially also would be great to stuff Beckham and his new team, as I can't stand him!!

Mac.. funny thing is.. I like Becks. I do think he is the most overrated player of all time.. But...

I'd love his looks, his money and his talent. Not a bad combo! (btw: WIth all of that, he settled for a freaking Spice Girl?)

And.. he is one of the only players that ever turned up for England. Quality imho.

Would love to see BAZZA run rings around him ....

It should be Beckham that feels lucky to be playing in his debut against the greatest team in the world, not the other way around. championee

Oh, how so true!

Rangers have been contacted by David Beckham's LA Galaxy about a lucrative end-of-season friendly.

The Glasgow Evening Times says the match stands to be the biggest pay-deal in football history.

Smith has canvassed his squad and the players are keen on playing the MLS side in a fixture that would earn the club a significant pay-day.

Rangers have confirmed Galaxy's approach and a spokesman said: "The club is considering a number of options, but nothing is confirmed."

It is also believed that a number of lucrative offers for pre-season tours were discussed at a Rangers board meeting this week. The Ibrox club has been criticised for not cashing in like Celtic have on friendly matches abroad.

Celtic have earned big money by travelling to the US and Japan. They will also provide the opposition in Beckham's first game when they face an MLS All-Stars select on July 19 in Colorado.

im pretty sure sportscene mentioned this today, can anyone shed any light on this?
The Edmonton Loyal is praying that it happens,as we will most surely will be traveling to LA as a club. (tu)

Couldn't the NARSA hold their conference in LA and then just all buy tickets for the match? That would be some experience for all you Bears over there to get to see the team and take up most of the stadium.

The city to host the NARSA convention is voted on 2 years in advance. It is a large undertaking to organize a 3-4 day convention for 1,500+ people with hotels, 3 functions, golf tournaments, day trips, programs etc. Not something volunteers could throw together in a couple of months. Calgary RSC are already working on 2008.

Rangers have been contacted by David Beckham's LA Galaxy about a lucrative end-of-season friendly.

The Glasgow Evening Times says the match stands to be the biggest pay-deal in football history.

Smith has canvassed his squad and the players are keen on playing the MLS side in a fixture that would earn the club a significant pay-day.

Rangers have confirmed Galaxy's approach and a spokesman said: "The club is considering a number of options, but nothing is confirmed."

It is also believed that a number of lucrative offers for pre-season tours were discussed at a Rangers board meeting this week. The Ibrox club has been criticised for not cashing in like Celtic have on friendly matches abroad.

Celtic have earned big money by travelling to the US and Japan. They will also provide the opposition in Beckham's first game when they face an MLS All-Stars select on July 19 in Colorado.

I take it, from reading that, that it won't be Beckhams first game for LA Galaxy as he will be playing in the all star team :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who don't know, it's a welcome sight for me and other footie lovers here in the states to have the coverage he's gotten. It's a REALLY big deal.

Hopefully it will help galvanize the sport over here. Go Rev's! (new england revolution)

There's money to be made for Euro players on their twilight tour, for sure. Having Rangers play on my home soil I may have to get tickets to that match. I wonder if anyone else will know the words to the songs ? Hehe.

Says in the paper today that Walter Smith has knocked back lucrative deals to America in the summer to stay in Europe and concentrate on the CL qualifying rounds.

Says in the paper today that Walter Smith has knocked back lucrative deals to America in the summer to stay in Europe and concentrate on the CL qualifying rounds.

:no: lost out again then.

That's astonishing short-sightedness. I don't agree with it.